Rate Dr. Robert L. Murrah

Dr. Robert L. Murrah's Ratings

i played rugby for 25 years so i know ortho surgery,of the six surgeries i've had he did 2 and he's the only md i'd go back to. DR Murrah is the best. He's done both my rotator cuff surgeries,great results and i'm sure will soon do my knee and hip replacements. call a head and find out how late he's running in his office. he is often running late but he spends time with his patients as they need. plus he is a really nice guy.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Murrah gave me a new hip the morning after his first son was born, which was about 15 yrs ago now. I have never had any problems with it and forget it's any different from my other hip. Yes, there was a wait but the staff always let you know how late he was running and had refreshments available and when it was your turn it was like you were the only patient in the world. He held my hand and prayed with me before surgery after asking if I would like that.

Submitted July 19, 2013 | flag

The WORST of the worst. 1st off you will wait hrs. 1 1/2hrs.-2 hrs. after your app't scheduled. NOT because he takes time w/you, it's because of his terrible scheduling. You will find 3-4 people w/ same time as you sitting & waiting.It feels like a meat market. I believed these reviews...BIG MISTAKE. I had surgery w/him, 2 mos. later needed surgery again for something he was suppose to fix and didn't. Went w/ another Dr. that knew what he was doing. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND this guy to my WORST enemy.I am wondering if his staff was writing some of these reviews, who knows. IMO, if you don't like repeating surgery, I wouldn't take the chance on this guy.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Murrah is exceptional. He performed three surgeries on my husband, and prior to each, the injury was thoroughly investigated and all options were discussed, taking as much time as we needed to understand. (Dr. Murrah takes time with his patients, so be prepared to wait - it is worth it.) Both before and after the sugeries, Dr. Murrah and his staff were easily accessible to answer our questions. My husband has healed well following Dr. Murrah's advice. I would not hesiatate to highly recommend him.

Submitted June 18, 2011 | flag

I feel lucky to have found Dr. Murrah because he quickly diagnosed an injury that I've read is easy to miss. Dr. Murrah's suggestions and overall "bedside manner" make me feel extremely confident and comfortable with continuing to see him and referring him to my friends/family. It's easy to get an appointment with Dr. Murrah, however, everyone in the waiting room must wait a long time b/c he spends lots of time with his patients. I recommend calling in advance to see how behind he is and they will tell you that you can come in a little later than your appointment to avoid waiting in the waiting room for so long.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2010 | flag

Excellent patient rapport, very knowledgeable. Waiting time is worth it once you know you ARE going to wait.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2009 | flag

Anticipating your "typical" office wait, I was glad to see great magazines for "women" mixed in with the fishing ones. Didn't have a long wait though. The care was like going back in time w/your old family doctor who really cared about you and didn't make you feel rushed. No surgery needed and got well...great Doc!

Submitted July 18, 2009 | flag

Knowledgeable, caring, effective, personable, would recommend him.

Submitted April 27, 2009 | flag

You will wait hours for every appt, but quality of care is the best.

Submitted April 15, 2009 | flag

He is a wonderful doctor that I have referred many friends to as well as seeing him myself.

Submitted March 2, 2009 | flag