Dr. Roger H Kobayashi

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/05/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Roger H Kobayashi has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2878599

25/09/13 1 1 1 1 He came in the rooms and spent LITERALLY no more than two minutes with me. I tried to ask a question but he cut me off. He said that he had a lot of patients that day, and he was getting behind, and I would have to come back at another appointment if I wanted to ask any questions. And then he had the nerve to bill my insurance for a whole visit! Amazing. Not just a bad doctor, but he actually attempted to engage in insurance fraud, until I told him I was going to report him, and then he withdrew the claim. Go somewhere else, he is a waste of time.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2671157
05/06/13 2 3 2 3 On my first appointment, he spent about 10 minutes with me total before saying "we could talk all day" and leaving. Did not do breathing test until after the appointment so had no idea of my lung function but still decided to change medications (my current one was "too expensive") without finding out (he never asked) that I was in the ER multiple times before finally finding the correct medication. Recommended daily breathing assessment that my previous dr. says is unreliable as well as a hassle. Very poor experience with Dr. Kobasyashi. Will never return.
RID: 2383100
24/07/12 2 2 1 2 Yes, he is intelligent, as he told me himself during the appointment. However, he was also condescending, extremely impatient, and actually walked out of the room when I was asking a question about my recently diagnosed health condition (never to return). Needless to say, neither will I. He spent a total of 8 minutes with me in the first appointment, and obviously failed to even glance at the 20+ pages of detailed history/information we are to complete prior to an appointment due to his ignorance regarding any of my history, and 16 minutes in the follow up appointment (theoretically consisted of physical exam, review of extensive blood work, diagnosis, prognoisis, etc). I say "theoretically" as I have never encountered a physician who has done such a poor job at any of the above, and I train residents for a living.
RID: 2075169
22/04/12 5 4 5 5 Very informative, and personable. Willing to go the lengths to maintain understanding and provides very budget friendly advice. My 6 year old has seen him for 2 years, he was able to take her off 11 meds and provide her with 3 and with a much better outcome. The waiting is a bit longer than other places, but the amount of time he spends communicating and brainstorming out weighs the long waits. I'm glad we found a doctor who truly cares for his patients with a great deal of compassion.
RID: 615083
16/06/08 4 1 5 5 This doctor was extremely helpful. After seeing several physicians for a complicated problem, I felt like he was the only one who thought about it for more than the required 15 minutes. He even did research for me and typed out a report and mailed it to me. His treatment worked too. So I'm very impressed. However, I would plan on bringing something to do to keep you busy. Even when I was the second appointment of the day I had to wait a lot longer than I expected and that was worse on later appointments. He spent a good deal of time with me though so in my opinion it's worth it. I would recommend him.