Rate Dr. Brent Appleton

Dr. Brent Appleton's Ratings

Doctor Appleton is very helpful and explains things very well, he will spend as much time as with you as needed. The front desk staff are just nasty, they don't answers the phone will not fax referrals and will not forward your medical info to doctors that you have been referred to. I was supposed to be able get a emergency appt any time to have a joint drained but I couldn't get thru on the phone and neither could my GP, they even faxed Dr Appleton but never got a call back so my GP sent me to emergency to have the fluid drained, 6 hours in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Front desk staff are horrendous! Neither of them smile and they seem to be annoyed when you come to check in as if we, as patients, we're getting in the way of their job or wasting their time. Dr Appleton is always telling me about all the different drugs I can take. He has never once inspected my joints. You would think that a range of motion test should be administered when looking at arthritic joints to see if it getting better or worse. My finger has started bending sideways and when I asked him about that he didn't even offer to look at it. I'm in my twenties and this is very concerning to me, however, he did not try to make me feel any better about it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

very supportive and understanding and knowledgeable. he spent a lot of time with me explaining my issues and he was thorough in my examination. he was patient and even though I did not have a direct issue he was helpful in suggesting possible issues for me to discuss with my family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I saw Dr. Appleton last year. He could see that matched joints on my body were swollen and because I didn't have a rheumatoid factor, said that my two swollen ankles were not related to my two swollen wrists, or my swollen knees and elbows. In fact he did not even examine my joints, except for my wrist. Instead he insisted I needed carpal tunnel and synovectomy surgery. I did that for one hand and realized that was not what was wrong as all other joints were still swollen and getting worse as was that hand after a short time. No pain relief at all. I spent a year crippled up and in pain before finding a good rheumatologist who did check all my joints and prescribed prednisone, which began to relieve the unrelenting pain and swelling almost immediately. I am seronegative RA. My surgery was never needed and the fact that I went so long swollen and in pain made was very hard on my joints. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Appleton to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][29275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

He has opened my world up...he is informative..caring..luv the fact he is teaching students along the way...and its hard when students dont show and he is left standing and waiting for them to show..so cant blame him for a late appointment...he is so thorough and listens and speaks to you so you completely understand what is going on with you...and if he has to repeat it..he does without being impatient ..thankyou so much..pretty overwhelming when you have been given a life altering diagonsis...but sure is a blessed thing when you actually look forward to the next visit and to find out what the next step is...and thankyou to Dr Appleton to teaching our next generation and sharing your knowledge

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

I had an excellent thorough consultation with Dr. Appleton . He addressed many long-standing issues and sent me for additional testing. He took time to explain things and to give me options for treatment. He was exceptionally respectful and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

Dr. Appleton supplied me with detailed information about my condition, arranged for further tests and eventually injected my shoulder without me even realizing it. He has a very soft touch. I rate him 5 out of 5.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

Front desk staff is not very warm, Dr. has so far been behind but for good reason. He spent as much time with me as I needed, ensuring he explained things clearly and answered every question I had. He is open to exploring other issues I may have that are unrelated to rheumatology and referring where needed. He is kind and intelligent. Definitely worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

Arrived at 830am. 45 mins later still haven't been seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

He is superb !!! Very caring, knowledgeable, and thorough ... takes as much time as the patient requires to understand his problem/ailment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29268].votes_count ]]