Rate Dr. Andrew Cheng

Dr. Andrew Cheng's Ratings

I went to Dr Cheng for years and even referred several family and friends but my most recent visits caused some irreversible damage that now I feel obliged to share this experience with others so that they don't make the same mistake I did. I reget not checking this site before I saw him. When he was filling one of my canine teeth, he did not clean it out properly and when he inserted the filling, there was a color difference and distinct line between where my tooth ended and the filling began. When I brought it to his attention, he just dismissed it and did not want to bother to fix his mistake. I foolishly continued seeing him and he recommended a night guard for me and made me an NTI night guard, which absolutely destroyed my 2 front bottom teeth. I repeatedly told him it was wearing away my teeth but he brushed me off until I chipped the 2 teeth and he was forced to put in a filling that fell out 2 weeks later! Now I have to 2 chipped front teeth! Never use an NTI night guard!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I had 2 crowns with Dr. Cheng and both were not successful after 2 years. One tooth was done root canal treatment by his colleague and I had terrible pain and infection after the treatment. I told Dr.Cheng about that but he put on crown. As a result I had to take tooth out after 3 month at different dental clinic. I wasted so much money. I regret that I chose Dr. Cheng.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I went to Dr. Cheng for a crown as he advertises one day crown services. He was in a hurry to get my crown down and after waiting in the chair for 1.5 hours for the crown to be made I asked to take a look at it. The crown was all white but did not look like a tooth at all. It looked like a blob. When the crown was fitted onto my tooth it felt fine so I was satisfied with the appointment and left. Few days later I noticed a space between the crown and my tooth which was very bothersome. I would have to have floss with me all the time and get rid of any food that got stuck in between. I had never had this problem before the crown and went back to Dr. Cheng. He told me that this was normal with the one day crowns and suggested I crown the other tooth to close the space if it bothered me that much. To me, I felt no sympathy from him and suspected that he just wanted to make more money by creating situations for more crowns to be made. I would not back to this dentist again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

Awesome experience for myself and my children. He was kind and patient and did a excellent job with no complaints??my child had bad past experience with filings and he was great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2013

Worst dentist experience ever. I've always been keen to go the dentist (every 6 months). I moved to Vancouver & visited Dr Cheng and it was awful. He caused a mouth abrasion (I had to go my GP & have this cauterized to avoid infection), he did not call back when asked to provide care instructions or ever acknowledge that he did this, he caused intense tooth sensitivity that did not exist before, and he has a revolving door of staff (never the same ppl). This is only some of the issues! I'm most likely going to submit a formal complaint to the 'College of Dental Surgeons of BC', but thought I'd write this to help save someone else from the pain I am currently dealing with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][29728].votes_count ]]