Rate Dr. Marius Hoogerboord

Dr. Marius Hoogerboord's Ratings

I am extremely happy with my operation and the relationship with Dr. Hoogerboord and his staff. So far I am cancer free and feeling great. Thanks very much for your caring and your concerning attitude.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hoogerboord is an amazing surgeon. He puts his patients needs at the forefront and goes above and beyond to assure you have the best care. I recently had a bowel surgery that resulted in complications requiring 2 returns to the OR, and both times Dr. Hoogerboord returned to the hospital late into the night to take me back to surgery himself, even though he was not on call. He visited daily, even on the weekends to check on me. He is honest, forthcoming with information and tells it like it is, taking as much time as needed to answer questions and set you at ease. After an extended stay in hospital and a subsequent return to the ER for a further concern, I received a call at home from his staff to check on me to make sure all was well, and to let me know they were there should I need help. This sets Dr. Hoogerboord and his staff above many in our current health care system. I have the highest respect for him and am grateful I had such a caring surgeon for my bowel surgery.

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

Rudest man I have ever encounted in my entire life. Extremely condescending and arrogant.

Submitted March 17, 2014 | flag

DR.HOOGERBOORD PERFORMED SURGERY ON MY DAD A FEW WEEKS AGO. HE IS A WONDERFUL AND KIND PERSON.MY DAD HAD A LARGE TUMOR REMOVED FROM HIS COLON AND IS DOING VERY WELL !!!!! THANKS DR.HOOGERBOORD,YOU ARE THE BEST!!! YOU ALWAYS MADE MY DAD VERY COMFORTABLE AND AT EASE!!!!!!

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

Dr.Hoogerboord could teach some of the Docs around that you don't dismiss a patient you cannot diagnose! This man performed A Sigmoid Resection on me in Aug 2013. After suffering for 3.5 years with abdominal pain consistently, one meeting with Dr.Hoogerboord in the QE11 emergency I was diagnosed and operated on in 12 hours! i had absolutely no post op issues and when I did call his office for a follow up appointment his receptionist was delighted to book me. His surgical site was conservative and at my post operative appointment he was thrilled to answer all my questions. It is not normal to suffer pain (IBS), which is what I was told by my MD and GI specialist! Shame on our "HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS"!

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

I had an ileostomy in January 2010, and developed a parastomal hernia within a year. In August 2012 I had a consult with Dr. Hoogerboord, then very new to Halifax. His confidence, ease of communicating, and deep knowledge of my options reassured me. The fact that he would attempt to repair it laparascopically appealed to me. He did the repair using that procedure on a Friday in March 2013, and I have had no problem with it since. I have a huge amount of respect for him, and am confident that he did a superior job. He came to the hospital on the Saturday after the surgery, checked on me, and fully explained what he did.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hoogerboord is an excellent surgeon in my opinion. He is very pleasant and very clear and concise when explaining things and answering questions. I felt instantly at ease with him during my referral visit and I knew that I was in good hands. His staff is friendly as well.I had my gall bladder removed and a hiatal hernia repair done at the same time a month ago and I healed very well. Feeling great!! :)

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

Had bowel resection in May. I cannot say anything negative at all. I feel I was not only very well cared for, I got the best surgery and result I could ever had expected. His staff is amazing too! :) He seems a bit on the shy side, but will talk to you upfront. 10 years ago if I had gone for this surgery when first told I needed it, it would have been more difficult and I suspect I'd still have problems. The laproscopic resection would not have been considered. Guess I was waiting for Dr. Hoogerboord. I feel great!

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

Dr Hoogerboord performed a laparoscopic tumor removal in my colon . Great surgeon , conscientious , explains well and best of all caring . You rarely see an attending dropping in on patients over the weekend, that's the residents' time . He dropped in both days to check up on me . Only great things to say about him .

Submitted May 21, 2013 | flag

I had the privilege of being referred to Dr. Hoogerboord when I had a gall bladder attack. I wasn't thrilled to hear that I needed surgery. Being overweight I was very worried that laparoscopic removal wouldn’t be an option. I was so impressed with his confidence the very first visit that I had with Dr. Hoogerboord. My anxiety quickly left me and I knew I was in good hands. His calming voice and excellent surgery skill to perform laparoscopic removal of my gall bladder has allowed me to return back to work just one week after surgery. I feel great and want to let everyone know if you are referred to him you have been blessed with a truly great Surgeon!

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag