Dr. Karen Splinter

Rate Dr. Karen Splinter

Dr. Karen Splinter's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I dealt with in this office. I moved to Canada from Australia at 20 weeks pregnant and was quickly taken on board. From the moment I met Dr Splinter I was made to feel comfortable and had all my questioned answered and my preferences met. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this doctor at all very happy. Thank you Karen and staff :)

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

I have to say Dr. Splinter is a wonderful doctor. She has helped me through some difficult fertility issues and I feel somewhat at ease after speaking with her. Her receptionist is not so wonderful. She spoke with me like I was lying when after numerous miscarriages and fertility issues Dr. Splinter herself said to make an appointment right away after a positive pregnancy test. I tried to explain this to her and she all but ignored and nearly hung up on me and scheduled me more than a month away. I understand OBGYNs are in demand but you should really take more care in the way your support staff treat people.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2014 | flag

Very happy with the care I received from Dr. Splinter before, during, and after my pregnancy. This woman is a real person, she is warm, caring, understanding, down to earth, and level-headed. Her care is thorough and 100% tailored to your wishes. She listens and does her best to let you make your own medical choices. She is the best. I have worked with several OBGYNs as a nurse and she is THE best. I had quite the rough pregnancy, had complications from a pre-existing heart condition and she handled everything calmly, confidently, and with grace. Any patient of hers is in great and very capable hands. Her receptionist, on the other hand, is not so qualified. If you're going into her office for an appointment, bring your patience up to the front desk with you, you'll need it.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Splinter is AMAZING! She makes you feel very comfortable, and takes the time to answer all of your questions. Other people have complained about her receptionist, I have to say that I've always had a great experience with her receptionist, she always acknowledges me right away and is very polite.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2013 | flag

I have seen a great number of doctors for many reasons being rushed out..but this doctor will chat until she thinks you are okay..great doctor I could not believe the time she is willing to spend with you...yes her secretary has her own agenda I said I would go home and look at my busy schedule and call,she asked me to wait and made another apt. then there..wait times while in there with an appt. are long so be prepared to sit for a while..

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013 | flag

I was refered to her by a Midwife. She was awesome in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. It was hairy at the hospital appointments but she was awesome! HIGHLY recommend her.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Splinter is an amazing doctor! I felt very comfortable with her care throughout my entire pregnancy. She has a great sense of humor and put me at ease from the moment I stepped into her office. As for the receptionsist she's very busy and with time when you catch her with nothing going on she is a very nice women. A bit short at times but I found her like that when busy, I work in the health care field also and it's hard when tht busy to not be short.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Splinter is very personable and takes time to explain any issues that might arise. Her receptionist, however, is terrible. Even the simplest tasks seem difficult and she just generally has a bad attitude. She speaks to patients like they're stupid and wasting her time. For example, if you're due for an appointment in 2 weeks, she'll schedule you for 3 weeks away and when you ask if there is anything sooner she rudely states that the doctor is away the precious week as though all the patients should have the doctor's schedule memorized. The same thing happened to me when I asked for a different day of the week, when apparently the doctor was scheduled in the hospital. The receptionist really needs to work on her tone of voice. In addition she takes a very long time to acknowledge patients when we come in the office. So in summary, great doctor but terrible receptionist.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

Firstly, let me say that this is the first time I've ever taken the time to write on my own, a review about an experience; without a request to do so. Dr. Splinter deserves 100 stars. I am so grateful that my family Doctor referred me to Dr. Splinter. She was amazing from the first moment of the visit. She was so comforting and literally went above and beyond! She helped with something that most Gynecologists would make you do another visit for. She took the time to answer all of my questions and really cared. It's not often that you get to walk out of a medical office with a smile because of such amazing treatment. She is really professional,witty and at the same time, extremely down to earth. It says on this sight that she still has room for new patients. I would suggest to take advantage of that while she has openings....and I don't think the openings will last long as she is that good!

Submitted July 27, 2013 | flag