Dr. Marcia C. Ribeiro

Website: mahinst.com External Link
Practice: Mid Atlantic Headache Institute
Hospital:
Phone:410-602-1999
Med. School:Univ Gama Filho, Esc Med Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro, Rj, Brazil
Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Marcia C. Ribeiro has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Marcia" to "Marcia C."
RID: 2836212
04/09/13 5 5 5 5 i suffer from cluster headaches,she and her staff have quite possibly saved my life more than once! everyone has a bad experience with someone, it happens! but i have had none here. just move on and find someone that works for you.  Respond
RID: 2691718

22/06/13 3 3 1 1 I had an extremely unpleasant experience with this doctor. She dismissed my symptoms. She could not hear that her recommendations did not address my medical problems. She advised a medication that was NOT appropriate for me because of my prior health issues. She was rude and yelled at me when I followed up with her after implementing a different therapy which was helpful. I unfortunately thought she would be pleased that my symptoms were addressed and improving and that she would be able to learn for her other patients what worked for me. She was less than interested. She treated it as a personal attack. That was/ is not my agenda. I offer this to you, if you are a prospective patient, I advise you to find another doctor.
RID: 2619362
17/04/13 4 5 5 5 Refered to her by both my psychiatrist and my sleep disorder doctor!She took me seriously and was clearly a compassionate person. Past 'migraine specialist' from JH only offered one therapy which,it turns out is the least effective type(Imitrex)for my situation. She gave me a great amount of information to read and helped with samples for me to try different meds. Did a complete medical and social history and really listened to comorbid medical problems that interfer with my treatment options/and med needs. Did a really detailed report for my other Drs. If you are a opiate seeker - don't bother -she is not for you! Takes great care of people who are really interested in finding solutions to their problem and are willing to make the lifestyle changes that are needed. Made a profound difference in my life.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

06/07/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "PIKESVILLE" to "BALTIMORE"
RID: 1450609
26/05/11 5 3 5 5 Have been seeing this doctor for over 10 years for severe and debilitating migraine headaches and chronic daily headaches. She has tried EVERYTHING in the book, but does not give up, even though most of the meds have not helped. We are now on Botox injections and Petadolex, keeping our fingers crossed. She is up for anything, even alternative medicine, if it will help. She is definitely worth contacting!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1352473
01/02/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ribeiro is the kindest, most intelligent, genuinely caring physicians I have ever met. She treats me for migraines I've suffered from since childhood, and quite frankly - when she retires I'll miss her not only as my doctor, but as a person. She's passionate and doesn't beat around the bush. So, if you're a narcotic abusing manipulator - don't expect to get one up on her. She'll straighten you out in no time. But how is that a bad thing? She speaks her mind, and I love it. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ribeiro. I owe my life to her.
RID: 1220393
02/08/10 4 4 5 5 I owe my life to Dr. Ribeiro. Seriously. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia, also known as the, "suicide disease." I was misdiagnosed for 15 years, and she diagnosed me in one appointment. She does a lot of research to try to find way to help people like me, for whom traditional treatments and medications don't work. She knows when to be compassionate, and she knows when I need a swift kick in the a**. She consulted with my internist (for free) when my I moved out of state, before my insurance kicked in. She called me at home to see if I was ok after missing an appointment. She waived my copay and gave me samples when I had no insurance. She is willing to try off label meds and unusual therapies. Her priority is helping her patients. I currently drive 2 1/2 hours each way to see her. She treats me like an intelligent adult, does not talk down to me, and takes my thoughts and concerns into consideration when trying new treatments. Highly, highly recommended.
RID: 1214844
24/07/10 2 2 1 2 Tired of hearing her scream at people. will not go back
RID: 823384
10/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ribeiro is absolutely the best Neurologist I've ever seen. She worked with me to get control of my cluster headaches quickly and effectively. She was easy to reach even during non-office hours and was willing to call in prescriptions for me on a Sunday to help me get some relief. Although she's very busy, she even set up a first appointment for me within a few days. She also worked with my Oxygen providers to make sure that everything would be taken care of correctly. I deeply respect this doctor.
RID: 781985
05/02/09 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Riberio, she is the best! Her staff are on point as well. Dr. Riberio works hard to bring her patients relief from debilitating headache pain and other afflictions. She works hard and comes to work even when she isn't feeling her best. She cares very much for her patients, even getting to know about their families and frequently asking about things such as that. She is often booked in advance, and calls you 2 days in advance to confirm appoints just in case you can't make it so she can give the slot to someone else. My case is what I call challenging and their have been many ups and downs, but frequently she has been able to take me from having migraines several times a week to a few during the month. Once my body becomes used to some meds the frequnet headaches return and we try something else. I feel like I am in good hands with Dr. Ribeiro. I often hand her business card out to anyone who my be complaining about headaches.  Respond
RID: 737255
05/12/08 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Riberio for 5 years for migraines and chronic daily headaches. Dr. Riberio is very knowledgable, compassionate, and patient. She takes her time with you, she has an engaging personality and great staff. She works well with my internist, always sending him copies of lab test and notes. A family member of mine is also a patient and has had great success with her treatments. I'm glad I found her.
RID: 43031
30/08/06 5 5 5 What a wonderful neurologist! I traveled to see her at the Mid-Atlantic Headache Institute from my home in Gaithersburg, MD. It was worth the trip! She and her nurser practitioner, Maureen Moriarty, has compassion and understanding for their patients. Finally, after 6 months of seeing two different neuros, an allergist, an opthalmologist, mr family doctor, going to the ER twice and seeing an ENT, she was able to PROPERLY diagnose my condition. She and her N.P. Maureen were painstakingly thorough with my exam and my work-up on my 1st visit. If you have unexplained or undiagnosed frequently occuring headaches, go see these two lovely ladies. They'll fix you right up! Fianlly there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me in dealing w/ my cluster headaches & migraines! She's done what 2 of the leading neuro's in MD have not: 1)CARE and 2)properly diagnose and treat. I am incredibly grateful to have found her, and I certainly wish I'd gone in the beginning when my headaches 1st began. :)
Insurance: CIGNA