Rate Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Ratings

Amazing doctor! Always helpful and reassuring! Although you usually have to wait, sometimes hours, it's definitely worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I absolutely dreaded visiting Dr.Tankel. He is extremely charismatic and likable at first. When I went in with irregular bleeding, he came at me like a hardcore sales pitch saying the Mirena IUD was the only and best option ever for me. Not mentioning the possible side effect and precaution, he insisted I would get it right then and there. And I did since I'm 22 and I trusted everything doctors said. He falsely told me the iud last for 7 years despite instruction strictly said 5 years. I got the IUD inserted and he cut the strings too short so I had to go though few ultrasounds to make sure it's in the right place. After came 3 months of bleeding, severe cramping and the worst time for me. I beg him to remove it and he refused and told me to wait longer. So I hung in there, at the same time I started getting anxiety and full blown panic attacks like never before. I brought that to his attention and he told me to wait longer. After 5 months I was having uncontrollable suicidal ideation, and having hours of anxiety every few days. I couldn't fathom why. Since he didn't want to remove the iud and I felt like my life was on the line, I went to another gynocologist and had it removed. I got almost immediate relief and haven't had a panic attack for 3 months. And Everything is back to normal. I didn't appreciate the fact he wasn't honest about the possible side effects and pushed so hard on the birth control and didn't respect my wants and needs. I would advise to stay away from him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2578689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr. Tankel is highly knowledgeable but the wait times are beyond aweful. I had a very high risk pregnancy and during my visit he told me that he was not happy with my progress of pregnancy as my health was deteriorating. He wanted me to have non-stress test on couple of days and on one of the days he mentioned my baby was delivered right away. I didnt have any symptom visible that something was going on but my doc did. My baby was born healthy because of him at the right time. He has very good sense of humor but can sometimes drive you nuts especially when you are stressed out. I would highly recommend him if you have patience to wait for long time. Thanks to Tankel again for safe delivery on time..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr Tankel is amazing. I was warned about wait times for him, but it makes sense because he is a doctor who has to attend to emergencies and will NEVER rush through an appointment. I enjoy his sense of humor, coupled with his knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr Tankel removed some fibroids, and I was able to conceive right away at 41. He was always kind, gentle, and very helpful. Printed out things for me, asked me about my concerns, never made me feel rushed, and always took the time to explain everything to me. His staff has always been so kind and helpful to me. The ultrasound tech was amazing. The wait is the worst for sure, always hours late, but babies come first. His waiting room is always full, so that must say something about him. If I was being mis treated I would change as well, but he's awesome, so I deal with the awful wait times. He will not go home till every patient has been seen, even if its 1:00 am. Love him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I think Dr. Tankel is the best. He was my doctor for my 3rd child which was my 3rd C-section. I am high risk which needed to be watched very carefully. He is extremely knowledgeable. He is a very funny but serious doctor. When you are with him he makes you feel like you are the only patient he has and does not rush through your appointment. You can ask him anything (no question is stupid)and he will give you an answer. He really listens to your concerns and does not take any symptom lightly. I will admit that the one front desk staff when I was there in January 2012 was not the nicest, but I found the rest of the staff there nice and friendly. The wait time are long, you may be waiting hours past your appointment but he is so worth it. I have no problem waiting for a doctor like that. I would tell anyone to go see him because he is one of the best. I wish all doctors were like him and actually cared about their patients like he does. He goes over and beyond for him patients. Thanks Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr. Tankel is a very knowledgeable, very experienced, extremely helpful and kind gynaecologist/obstetrician with a good sense of humour. Only negative thing is that he almost always runs several hours late. But he is so good at what he does that I still go to him, despite the hours I have had to wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I really like Dr.Tankel as he is quite comedic every appointment. Yes the appointment time is always moved up hours ahead. I see a lot of complaints on here about the wait time but the staff encourages you to call ahead of time and see when you should come in due to Dr.Tankel being behind so you do not actually have to wait there the whole time. He has good reasoning for being late as well since he does deliveries; natural and C-sections which obviously cannot wait until after someone's appointment. He has been very helpful and very knowledgeable and blunt about things which I like, no need to sugar coat the process of having a baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I had been bleeding 117 days of 125 when I went to see him. He told me he was sick and tired of women coming to him for a hysterectomy because they were tired of having their period. He told me that I was very high risk cause I was too fat. He asked if I knew how many women died per year having the procedure. He told me that he had done surgery on a lady and she dropped dead from hemorrhaging right in front of her children. He told me that if I got incontinence from the surgery, "not to come whining to him cause he will just send me to another surgeon. He was rude, he made me cry and really scared me. I went to a different surgeon, he told me I had no choice the surgery had to be done immediately. Dr Francis did the surgery no problems and he was wonderful. He also removed besides my womb, 13.5 lbs of tumors!!!!! I have heard many similar stories from other women. Tankle should have his license removed, in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1945277].votes_count ]]