You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Ratings

I read these comments prior to seeing Dr. Tankel and was quite excited to see him. Needless to say, I was widly disappointed!!! I don't understand why he is so highly rated and well liked by most. I found him to be arrogant, scattered and not patient centered. He did a very poor job of explaining to me what my diganosis was and treatments/ outcomes. But he did do a very good job of trying to pressure me into getting a Mirena IUD. The appointment ended up being about him telling me a needed a Mirena IUD versus what my actual concerns and questions were (I didn't go to him regarding birth control!!). I was rather annoyed.
He told me the name of my diganosis, but with him accent and fast talking I couldn't understand what he was saying. I asked him to write it down for me and he didn't. He just said he would e-mail me information about it.... it's been 3 months and I still have not received anything!
His front staff are also very disorganized and frustrating to deal with.
I expected more from a Doctor that I had to wait 4 hours for!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I was referred to Doctor Tankel by my family doctor and I have nothing but great things to say about both Doctor.Tankel and his staff. I have been in the office for one ultrasound and three prenatal appointments (expecting twins) and both have always treated me very well. Doctor Tankel does run late, but that's because he really takes time with every patient he sees. Also, if he is called to deliver a baby, he goes... you will be thankful for that when it's your turn. If you call the receptionist on the day of your appointment, they will tell you what time you should come in, so you aren't waiting four hours in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Tankle like all OBGYNS is a very busy person doing all he can to bring OURbabies into this world safely and healthy. What would you rather have ; a doctor who would spends all the time
needed to make sure your bundle of joy is really that ,and mom is well,too or one who would rush through your experience and leave you with a child with issues all their life? I am a man and I went to see Dr Tankel with my wife. People, you need to stop rushing and appreciate that maybe someone
like Dr Tankel cares about you and your baby more than you do.Thank you Dr Tankel and ALL
OBGYNs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Thank you to Dr. Tankel and his staff I now have my first child at age 41, who was delivered healthy. After difficulty getting pregnant and several miscarriages and and several appointments with Dr. Tankel and his knowledge and care I was able to carry my daughter to full term. I have waited for hours to see Dr. Tankel, but it is worth the wait, he takes his time with his patients, if there are complications his staff will get you in to see him or refer you to the hospital. People need to realize he is a OBYGN so sometimes he needs to leave for an emergency/delivery making him late for his scheduled appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Apponiment was 2 :30 and said he was three hrs late and at 7 still have not got in to room and im from out a town and have kids at home waiting for me not happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I wish I could give ten stars for both knowledge and helpfulness. Dr. Tankel was so knowledgeable and helpful. He made me feel very comfortable, and was funny too! I was told to expect a wait, because of the nature of his work, but he was right on time. So so happy with my visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

This was my third appt with "The Amazing Doctor Tankel and his Incredible Rude Staff." My first appt was not bad , late of course . Option surgery to see what was going on due to unusual bleeding after 12 years of nothing due to partial hysterectomy (not his work). He was on time for my D&C and his nurse even let a note on my table explaining what was down and why. I needed a check up in 3 months with him and that's where it all went sour. 4 hours late and another hour in the examine room. Finally came in , and decided to do a biopsy, and you guessed more wait and not a pleasant experience. Another 3 month checkup (more important to have then this one). It's winter now and I have an 2 hour drive when the weathers good. Canceled when we get there and yes they cell phone numbers. Husband furious as he had to take the whole day off. I just had another appt in the last couple of days which by now I'm over 4 months late for that very IMPORTANT follow up. I arrived 10 minutes early (knowing there would be a wait) and of course he's running 4 hrs late. No TV, no magazines or books, not even a newspaper and $14.00 for prepaid parking. Only amusement; unhappy babies, mothers, father's and others like myself. First mad customer for Dr. Tankel is a women who has been waiting since opening 4 hrs ago. Hmm, that means he's not even been here yet today and it's 12:30 pm. At 4:00pm they call me up and tell me they will have to rebook. Being upset and mad is just an understatement. These receptionists are so sweet ( generally) on the phone but when your standing face to face your lucky if they even look up at you. I ask for an first thing in the morning appt but told he doesn't like to do what I need before lunch. Whatever I just want to leave. Appt made for May and if lucky will be over 6 months late. Now if all of this isn't enough I arrive home stressed and mad there on my phone is the number of his clinic. This call was made 20 mins after I checked in to say I was there. Do you suppose they had called to cancel then or just to chat over supper plans? I sat across from her desk in full view for 4 hrs yet she called my house phone looking for me just minutes after I got there. I tell you if it wasn't for that last shred of sanity and no weapon, I'm not sure what would of become of me. I've read over 150 comments and there all the same, late and rude. I will tell you were they get there staff. These people have all come from the "Valley Zoo" fired for being incompetent of shovelling primate waste and communication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

My first contact with Dr. Tankel was moments before my scheduled D&C in October 2013. Since then he has been by OBGYN for a yearly check-up and another miscarriage. He is wonderfully compassionate, knowledgeable and puts me to ease no matter my mindset during my appointment. Please make sure you phone in before your appointment to see how late he's running, I have always been pushed back and one appointment had to be rescheduled. And for post-loss ladies, it can be very hard to be in the office surrounded by many pregnant ladies, which there are usually a lot of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr Tankel is by far the best gynecologist I've had. He answers all your questions and takes his time with you. The only down side is sometimes he's running hours behind however when making the appointment the nurses ensure you're aware that he does tend to run very behind because he's been called to deliver a baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Well the punctuality is atrocious needless to say the staff working there are not very helpful. Actually they don't let you know that although you booked an appointment. The dr is running behind. Instead just look at you blankly. Should hire better staff in the front. The doctor is worth it but the pure lack of unprofessionalism and th numerous times I had to go down and pay for parking bc punctuality was poor could have gone out for a decent dinner. Word of advice take w cab it will actually be cheaper in the long run than having to run back down stairs and keep putting money in the machine for parking!!! However the dr is good !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715066].votes_count ]]