Rate Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Ratings

This was my third appt with "The Amazing Doctor Tankel and his Incredible Rude Staff." My first appt was not bad , late of course . Option surgery to see what was going on due to unusual bleeding after 12 years of nothing due to partial hysterectomy (not his work). He was on time for my D&C and his nurse even let a note on my table explaining what was down and why. I needed a check up in 3 months with him and that's where it all went sour. 4 hours late and another hour in the examine room. Finally came in , and decided to do a biopsy, and you guessed more wait and not a pleasant experience. Another 3 month checkup (more important to have then this one). It's winter now and I have an 2 hour drive when the weathers good. Canceled when we get there and yes they cell phone numbers. Husband furious as he had to take the whole day off. I just had another appt in the last couple of days which by now I'm over 4 months late for that very IMPORTANT follow up. I arrived 10 minutes early (knowing there would be a wait) and of course he's running 4 hrs late. No TV, no magazines or books, not even a newspaper and $14.00 for prepaid parking. Only amusement; unhappy babies, mothers, father's and others like myself. First mad customer for Dr. Tankel is a women who has been waiting since opening 4 hrs ago. Hmm, that means he's not even been here yet today and it's 12:30 pm. At 4:00pm they call me up and tell me they will have to rebook. Being upset and mad is just an understatement. These receptionists are so sweet ( generally) on the phone but when your standing face to face your lucky if they even look up at you. I ask for an first thing in the morning appt but told he doesn't like to do what I need before lunch. Whatever I just want to leave. Appt made for May and if lucky will be over 6 months late. Now if all of this isn't enough I arrive home stressed and mad there on my phone is the number of his clinic. This call was made 20 mins after I checked in to say I was there. Do you suppose they had called to cancel then or just to chat over supper plans? I sat across from her desk in full view for 4 hrs yet she called my house phone looking for me just minutes after I got there. I tell you if it wasn't for that last shred of sanity and no weapon, I'm not sure what would of become of me. I've read over 150 comments and there all the same, late and rude. I will tell you were they get there staff. These people have all come from the "Valley Zoo" fired for being incompetent of shovelling primate waste and communication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

My first contact with Dr. Tankel was moments before my scheduled D&C in October 2013. Since then he has been by OBGYN for a yearly check-up and another miscarriage. He is wonderfully compassionate, knowledgeable and puts me to ease no matter my mindset during my appointment. Please make sure you phone in before your appointment to see how late he's running, I have always been pushed back and one appointment had to be rescheduled. And for post-loss ladies, it can be very hard to be in the office surrounded by many pregnant ladies, which there are usually a lot of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr Tankel is by far the best gynecologist I've had. He answers all your questions and takes his time with you. The only down side is sometimes he's running hours behind however when making the appointment the nurses ensure you're aware that he does tend to run very behind because he's been called to deliver a baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Well the punctuality is atrocious needless to say the staff working there are not very helpful. Actually they don't let you know that although you booked an appointment. The dr is running behind. Instead just look at you blankly. Should hire better staff in the front. The doctor is worth it but the pure lack of unprofessionalism and th numerous times I had to go down and pay for parking bc punctuality was poor could have gone out for a decent dinner. Word of advice take w cab it will actually be cheaper in the long run than having to run back down stairs and keep putting money in the machine for parking!!! However the dr is good !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

If he is as compassionate as Dr. Wong, then he really is compassionate. I was at my absolute lowest when I was placed under the care of Dr. Wong and he didn't disappoint one bit. Dr. Wong is one of the good ones. For sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I LOVE DR. TANKEL! WORTH THE WAIT! He is a confident, compassionate, and knowledgeable physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

Ladies dont waste your time on a Dr whos never there. If you book an appointment you end up waiting a day an a half so pack a lunch and call someone who can take a whole day out of their lives to watch your children while you wait. Missing important monthly appointments is absolutely unacceptable. Not getting your hospital paper work till almost a week before your due date is unacceptable. And waiting in a waiting room till 11 pm at night when your appointment made you drive thru rush hour at 5 is ridiculous. Alone and 8.5 months pregnant and stressed!! You booked an appointment sure maybe wait an hour. But your almost faster going to an emergency room then seeing him. Find a dr that does a rotation with their designated hospital. And dont just settle your health is important.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

A very awful doctor!! Pressuring me to get an minera IUD, when I told him twice NO! He did not even do I a pap. He was freaking 5 hours late!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I have been seeing him for 10 years now, I would never go anywhere else. Your care is his number one priority. Yes you wait for long periods of time but that's because if he get called out to deliver a baby he goes! He will do the same for you one day when I comes time for your baby.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2668756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

He's punctuality needs some work, but hes great and just puts you at ease

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613297].votes_count ]]