Rate Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Ratings

Dr Tankel is by far the best gynecologist I've had. He answers all your questions and takes his time with you. The only down side is sometimes he's running hours behind however when making the appointment the nurses ensure you're aware that he does tend to run very behind because he's been called to deliver a baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Well the punctuality is atrocious needless to say the staff working there are not very helpful. Actually they don't let you know that although you booked an appointment. The dr is running behind. Instead just look at you blankly. Should hire better staff in the front. The doctor is worth it but the pure lack of unprofessionalism and th numerous times I had to go down and pay for parking bc punctuality was poor could have gone out for a decent dinner. Word of advice take w cab it will actually be cheaper in the long run than having to run back down stairs and keep putting money in the machine for parking!!! However the dr is good !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

If he is as compassionate as Dr. Wong, then he really is compassionate. I was at my absolute lowest when I was placed under the care of Dr. Wong and he didn't disappoint one bit. Dr. Wong is one of the good ones. For sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I LOVE DR. TANKEL! WORTH THE WAIT! He is a confident, compassionate, and knowledgeable physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

Ladies dont waste your time on a Dr whos never there. If you book an appointment you end up waiting a day an a half so pack a lunch and call someone who can take a whole day out of their lives to watch your children while you wait. Missing important monthly appointments is absolutely unacceptable. Not getting your hospital paper work till almost a week before your due date is unacceptable. And waiting in a waiting room till 11 pm at night when your appointment made you drive thru rush hour at 5 is ridiculous. Alone and 8.5 months pregnant and stressed!! You booked an appointment sure maybe wait an hour. But your almost faster going to an emergency room then seeing him. Find a dr that does a rotation with their designated hospital. And dont just settle your health is important.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

A very awful doctor!! Pressuring me to get an minera IUD, when I told him twice NO! He did not even do I a pap. He was freaking 5 hours late!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I have been seeing him for 10 years now, I would never go anywhere else. Your care is his number one priority. Yes you wait for long periods of time but that's because if he get called out to deliver a baby he goes! He will do the same for you one day when I comes time for your baby.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

He's punctuality needs some work, but hes great and just puts you at ease

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Depends what you're looking for...
I've seen Tankel for 10 years. I've always been okay with wait times, his conservative approach and knowledge. But now I'm pregnant and not having an easy pregnancy. It's all new to me. He thought I was going to miscarry and told me. Luckily I didn't but I've had issues with cysts and bleeding and have been in and out of the hospital. I don't feel supported at all by him. I know he has more complicated cases to deal with so this is likely why. But when you're pregnant for the first time you need someone that is going to support you and care for you is essential. If you're having a complicated high risk pregnancy it's likely worth the hassle at tankels office (ie staff and nurses that are too busy to be helpful or just don't care). But if you're having a fairly normal pregnancy I recommend looking elsewhere which is what I plan to do now as I'm sick of not feeling cared for after bleeding and being in the hospital he's in doing rounds and he refuses to come see me even though the resident requested it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Amazing doctor! Always helpful and reassuring! Although you usually have to wait, sometimes hours, it's definitely worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595697].votes_count ]]