Rate Dr. Douglas Bishop

Dr. Douglas Bishop's Ratings

I find Dr. Bishop to be extremely knowledgeable, and he is up to date on the latest obesity research. I have never once felt pushed to buy the products offered for sale in his office. In fact, the nurses who do the weight loss counselling have provided me with the names of products and stores that offer products that better meet my dietary needs. As well, with respect to any 'complaints' about the $15 (maybe $17 by now?) they charge per visit, that is far less expensive than many weight loss programs, and just as individualized. I find Dr. Bishop and his staff to be motivating and they take the time to discuss your individual weight loss issues and the right plan to meet those needs. I'm very pleased with Dr. Bishop, and have been a patient there for about a year.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bishop used to be more of a doctor a few years ago. Last time when I met him it was all about buying the products that he had on display. Now he is more of a businessman than a doctor. He is inclined to coach/guide/help ONLY if you show willingness to meet the counselors after seeing him which is $15 per visit. In my opinion, the counselors don't have much to offer in terms of information except for the products on display.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2013 | flag

The staff is wonderful and helpful and encouraging. The doctor is punctual and extremely helpful. He takes his time to explain everything and is down to earth and practical. Dr. Bishop is also knowledgeable beyond my expectations. I went to him back in 2006 and my life got very busy and I moved. I am back now and in one month I have lost 19 pounds. The first two weeks I lost a lot but then now its one and a half to two pounds per week. I have more energy and am happier and my ankles stopped swelling up. I love Dr. Bishops Weight Management Program because I can get used to buying and eating regular food. They do sell chocolate bars etc. but you are not obliged to purchase them. Personally I am interested in learning how to control my weight by natural purchases and Dr. Bishop and staff are so helpful in that area. I weighed 246 lbs and my build is for someone weighing 135-145 lbs. I am posititve thanks to Dr. Bishop that I can do this and keep the weight off.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

I LOVE these people! I have been seeing them so long, they feel like personal friends. Unfortunately, tho' my weight problem has returned, they have never given up on me, never criticized, and never made me feel guilty for my problem.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2013 | flag

Had a wonderful chat with Dr Bishop, he actually just listened to me and now I am on my way to find out what really is going on with my system. Thanks Dr Bishop

Submitted April 17, 2013 | flag

As we all know quite often weight is connected to our emotional state. Dr. Bishop and his team are always careful and very helpful. they give support for all our tender states. I have recommended them all very often and never regretted it. Occasionally we fall back but they always treat 2 pounds just the same as 50 or more. They are a good addition to our lives.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr Bishop was very patient, explained things to me, and even drew some pictures so I could really understand --

Submitted Feb. 1, 2011 | flag

Wonderful ,kind and knowledgeable doctor. He is always there for you

Submitted April 18, 2010 | flag

If all Dr's were like Dr Bishop, we would have a healthier country. He treats the whole person, not just isolated symptoms. He is very knowlegable and continues to learn and stay informed. He is great at explaining things, listens and has the most genuine and kind bedside manner. He raises the bar high, and Dr's should learn by his example.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2009 | flag

What an incredible Doctor and so different from many other Docotors I have seen in the past- he takes the time to really listen to what I say, and is very respectful and supportive of my questions-- would highly recommend him

Submitted July 29, 2009 | flag