Rate Dr. Warren Yunker

Dr. Warren Yunker's Ratings

I took my daughter to see Dr. Yunker about 1 year ago. He was good with my daughter. He explained what he was going to do, and then showed her everything that was being seen during procedure. He then went through the implications of what was seen. He was also patient in answering all my questions, and I had many. We found him to be helpful and knowledgeable.

Submitted May 26, 2014 | flag

My daughter is turning 3 in August, however she will be going in for surgerey to remove her tonsils and adnoids. Dr, Yunker seems very sure of himself and confident and that needs to be present in a doctor for sure. His staff were not of the best but were managable. I hope that making the decision for her to get surgery is a good choice even if she is still so young?

Submitted April 21, 2014 | flag

My child was seen by this doctor and he always seems to be in a hurry . He doesn't explain or offer any assurance. If you ask him a question , without checking the child he would just say 'I don't think so'. He seems to be only interested in surgeries. My kid was checked by him and he couldn't even diagnose his ear infection , which was later diagnoed by my family doctor the very next day.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

My daughter was checked by Dr. Yunker and offered no other option as regards her condition. Any parent would want to hear something positive but he just gave us a straight face that there's nothing else we could do. If only we could see another specialist other than him, I would take the time off to set an appointment but otherwise, i'd rather not see this doctor. Its a waste of time on my part and my daughters.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Our daughter had surgery with Dr. Yunker recently and overall it was quite good. Dr. Yunker is clearly very competent. He is a little full of himself but really there aren't very many doctors out there who aren't. You can tell he enjoys his job and you are in good hands under his care. He clearly enjoys kids and the set up at the Children's Hospital is quite good given our public system. Dealing with his staff is less pleasant, the one woman I always seem to get stuck with is one dimensional, not very helpful and is hanging up on you in mid-sentence while you are trying to get some information. Its unfortunate that this affects my rating of Dr. Yunker, but I don't think doctors generally appreciate how important good, effective, empathetic, helpful staff are in the overall experience.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2012 | flag

Our little girl had very large tonsils and adenoids. Dr Yunker gave us our options. We chose surgery. We are very happy with Dr Yunker and the Children's Hospital staff and facility. Our experience was very positive.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr Yunker was very quick, efficient and throuough in diagnosing my daughter with enlarged adenoids and enlarged tonsils. He gave me options on treatment and answered all my questions. He has made what could have been a tramatic experience much more manageable.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2012 | flag