You may also like

Rate Dr. Warren Yunker

Dr. Warren Yunker's Ratings

My 7 year old granddaughter just had her tonsils and adenoids out last week . She was treated wonderfully by Dr.Yunker and his staff and the Alberta Children's Hospital. Her surgery was done on time and he met us before and chatted with us 20 minutes later in the recovery/waiting area. At 530 he returned to her bedside to do a final check on her and he was so nice and kind. I would recommend him and his staff. Her tonsils were bad and they even called when they had extra time freed up so she was done earlier than the stated 4 to 6 month wait. She has recovered wonderfully and he explained every step of how this would happen and all was exactly as he stated. Thanks!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Clearly enjoys his job. Great sense of humor. He is great with our daughter. Would most certainly go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

We saw Dr Yunker with our son a couple of years ago. His bedside manner is terrible and he is no good with special needs children. He had no understanding of our childs needs at the time and insisted on continuing to put an endoscope down his throat even though he was complaining of pain and problems. We would not go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Such a wonderful guy overall, I'm so happy with the way the surgery went! I defiantly would recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

We had an excellent experience! Clearly enjoys working with kids. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2771192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

He was great with our son! He was very friendly and told him everything that was going to happen. Was very calm and reassuring on the day of surgery and he came to talk to us right away when it was done. Would highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

We had an excellent experience with Dr. Yunker and his team at the ACH. Dr. Yunker was informative and took the time to explain the issues to us. He performed a quick procedure (laryngoscopy) on our three month old and did it quickly, gently, and skillfully. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

My daughter saw Dr Yunker for very large tonsils and excessive snoring (she could wake the house), not to mention some sleep apnea. He never made me feel pressured about doing surgery, he just gave me all the information and his opinion. My daughter was three when she had her tonsils and adenoids removed and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. No more snoring and no more apnea. I do agree he is pretty confident in himself but I feel that makes him a great surgeon. My 18 month old now needs an ENT and if we hadn't moved to Edmonton I would be recommending him in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2727360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Wonderful experience. Listened to and interacted with my son. Answered all of my questions patiently and honestly. Recommended against surgery, even though this means less surgery for him. Highly recommend to anyone whose child needs an ENT.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

My son has seen Dr. Yunker in the past few years. He is the only doctor had yelled at my child "stop it". My son was lying on the bed and he did not move at all. He was scared and hurt and was crying. Even the nurse was telling my son he was doing a good job not moving at all. I strongly believed Dr. Yunker needs a better bedside manner and learn to communicate with young patients with special needs. Otherwise, he should not work with children at all. Overall, I would only give this doctor only "ONE STAR",

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2566359].votes_count ]]