Rate Dr. Warren Yunker

Dr. Warren Yunker's Ratings

My son has seen Dr. Yunker in the past few years. He is the only doctor had yelled at my child "stop it". My son was lying on the bed and he did not move at all. He was scared and hurt and was crying. Even the nurse was telling my son he was doing a good job not moving at all. I strongly believed Dr. Yunker needs a better bedside manner and learn to communicate with young patients with special needs. Otherwise, he should not work with children at all. Overall, I would only give this doctor only "ONE STAR",

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

We have seen Dr Yunker numerous times over the past few years and my 7 year old had 2 surgeries with him for a titanium implant. After surgery he came to talk right away, and answered all my questions very patiently. On clinic days Dr Yunker gets rushed and may forget a bit of the bedside manner he usually has, but I remember he is also human, sees a different patient every 15 minutes and may have skipped lunch to make up time. Dr Yunker is personable with my son, talks to him not over him and answers all my questions fully and respectfully. When asked for his honest opinion, or what he would do as a parent he is forthcoming, even if it means fewer surgeries. I recommend Dr Yunker to every parent I meet whose child may need an ENT as he is personable and human and seems to genuinely enjoy child patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I took my daughter to see Dr. Yunker about 1 year ago. He was good with my daughter. He explained what he was going to do, and then showed her everything that was being seen during procedure. He then went through the implications of what was seen. He was also patient in answering all my questions, and I had many. We found him to be helpful and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

My daughter is turning 3 in August, however she will be going in for surgerey to remove her tonsils and adnoids. Dr, Yunker seems very sure of himself and confident and that needs to be present in a doctor for sure. His staff were not of the best but were managable. I hope that making the decision for her to get surgery is a good choice even if she is still so young?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

My child was seen by this doctor and he always seems to be in a hurry . He doesn't explain or offer any assurance. If you ask him a question , without checking the child he would just say 'I don't think so'. He seems to be only interested in surgeries. My kid was checked by him and he couldn't even diagnose his ear infection , which was later diagnoed by my family doctor the very next day.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][52855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

My daughter was checked by Dr. Yunker and offered no other option as regards her condition. Any parent would want to hear something positive but he just gave us a straight face that there's nothing else we could do. If only we could see another specialist other than him, I would take the time off to set an appointment but otherwise, i'd rather not see this doctor. Its a waste of time on my part and my daughters.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][52856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Our daughter had surgery with Dr. Yunker recently and overall it was quite good. Dr. Yunker is clearly very competent. He is a little full of himself but really there aren't very many doctors out there who aren't. You can tell he enjoys his job and you are in good hands under his care. He clearly enjoys kids and the set up at the Children's Hospital is quite good given our public system. Dealing with his staff is less pleasant, the one woman I always seem to get stuck with is one dimensional, not very helpful and is hanging up on you in mid-sentence while you are trying to get some information. Its unfortunate that this affects my rating of Dr. Yunker, but I don't think doctors generally appreciate how important good, effective, empathetic, helpful staff are in the overall experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][52854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2012

Our little girl had very large tonsils and adenoids. Dr Yunker gave us our options. We chose surgery. We are very happy with Dr Yunker and the Children's Hospital staff and facility. Our experience was very positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][52853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

Dr Yunker was very quick, efficient and throuough in diagnosing my daughter with enlarged adenoids and enlarged tonsils. He gave me options on treatment and answered all my questions. He has made what could have been a tramatic experience much more manageable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][52852].votes_count ]]