Rate Dr. Ara J. Deukmedjian

Dr. Ara J. Deukmedjian's Ratings

I want to start off by saying Thank You! For many years I have had chronic pain in my neck and shoulders. I have been seen by several doctors and specialists and have been on tons of medications and nothing has worked. From my first visit to Deuk Spine I knew it was going to be different. Every person on the staff was so wonderful and patient with me. I was diagnosed with herniated discs and bulging discs at C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7. I had been suffering for 15 years! On December 10, 2014 I had Deuk Laser Disc Repair and I left the office with NO PAIN in my neck. I could not believe the pain in my neck and shoulders were gone after 15 miserable years. Now I feel amazing and first the first time in a very long time no pain medication is needed.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so glad I met Dr. Deukmedjian and had this life changing surgery. My life will be forever changed because of Dr. Deuk and that is a debt I am afraid I will never be able to repay. Tears of joy fill my eyes so often now when people ask me about my surgery. I have a hard time explaining just how profoundly Deuk Spine has changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I have been suffering with sciatica and lower back pain for years. I have tried everything to relieve the pain but it was short term. My daughter found Dr. Deuk and from the first time I met him I knew I had come to the right place. He did a spine fusion and I was up and walking the same day! No shuffeling, but walking! and no pain! I am extremely happy. Dr. Deukmedjian is a compassionate man who takes pride in his work, a man who cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

have been reschedule three times now for surgery. First excuse was Dr. Deuk all of a sudden was not going to be in on the day of surgery. Waited two months for second surgery. 2 days before surgery date, was informed that my surgery needed to be rescheduled because they did not allot enough time in the operating room. This surgery would need to be rescheduled at the end of the month. Although Deuk spine Institute boast about certain awards they have received and have many letters posted on their walls, they are not the best. If I had to do it over again, I would NOT recommend this practice. I would suggest someone in Orlando if at all possible. I have read and heard from colleagues and friends that suffer from herniated discs that spine doctors in Orlando are top notch. If you have to stay on the space coast, please find a different practice other than Dr. Deuk

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Doesn't spend much time with you, most of time is spent with Navigator and PA.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2666479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Everyone is so nice there. Great center and great doctors

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2531993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Amazing Neurosurgeon with an amazing state of the art facility. Dr. Deukmedjian and his staff care about the patients and it shows!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2522701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

What I liked most was how everyone was pleasant and helpful at the facility

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1947543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

This was the second surgery Dr. Deuk performed on me. He did my back in 2009 and my neck in December 2012. After the excellent results, walking ,golfing ,skiing no pain,when I needed to find out what was wrong with my neck, I of course went to Dr. Deuk. I had 5 ruptured disks in my neck and they were pressing on my spinal column. Surgery needed to be done soon, I found this out on Nov 15 th and had the surgery on December 4th. Surgery went well at 9:30 in morning and I was home by 6:00 that evening with 8 screws in my neck. I went back to work and driving after two weeks. I am doing wonderful and enjoying physical therapy. I have no pain. When someone asks I tell them there is no greater Doctor than Doctor Ara Deukmedjian. He is the best!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1947542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Dr.Deuk and his staff are very compassionate and sincere. I had very complicated medical situation, which was caused by another Surgeon. Which went horribly wrong. Upon my first visit to Dr.Deuk he was willing to help me. Dr.Deuk saved my life with surgery. Dr.Deuk gave me a 50/50% chance of not being totally paralyzed. Dr.Deuk along with his surgical tech Augusto were able to achieve the nearly impossible, it was very complicated and took twice the time of a single level fusion to repair the previous surgical damage. I was able to walk, talk, swallow better soon after recovery. The hardest part of my surgery was the waiting and worry for my wife. We thanked Dr. Deuk, he was very humble stating that it was his job, then he gave my wife and both hugs. He and his staff made us feel like family, from the start. My GP referred me to Dr.Deukmedjian as she felt that Dr.Deuk was the only qualified in Central Florida that could and would help me with my complicated problems. We do not have any regrets.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1947531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

I was very fortunate to to find Dr.Duek and his staff. I am 36 with a family and I was suffering from debilitating as a pain as a result of 2 herniated disks. For back problems and pain I can tell you Dr.Duek and his staff are one of the best in the field! We tried several conservative approaches and after they did not work I elected to have surgery. After just two weeks 95% of all pain symptoms are gone!! I expect a full recovery. He is very knowledgeable and is careful to perform proper procedures only operating when/how necessary. There is also a lot of experience on his staff to further make him a surgeon/staff of choice. I am very happy with my outcome and highly suggust you try him if you have back pain. There are few negatives but the only thing I will say is I am still working to get insurance to pay for this procedure but this I think is more an insurance problem and Dr.Duek tries to help you every way possible. One of the best doctor's I ever had and very helpful, thank you thank you!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1947541].votes_count ]]