Dr. Yuri Mark Edward Power

Rate Dr. Yuri Mark Edward Power

Dr. Yuri Mark Edward Power's Ratings

I believe Dr Power is too fast to medicate. He over medicated me from the start which I had to self reduce as he would not listen to my point of view and recognize my zombie drugged state. Since self medicating, using way less drugs, I have witnessed vast improvements. I now am under another doctors care in St. John's.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Power is an excellent psychiatrist. He informs patients about about their provisional diagnosis and his planned course of treatment. He even provides to patients books from his own medical library. He does listen to his patients--I have read his clinical notes and he charts exactly what is said to him along with his own impressions. Patients must remember that the treatment of medical illness is 95 percent art and 5 percent science. This doctors art was developed by his training and his experience as a doctor. He has an excellent command of the science involved. Western Newfoundland would be well served if the Province would hire more psychiatrists just as well trained as is Dr Power. His diagnosis and treatment of me was excellent! I have a doctorate degree in another field and I know a good physician when I see him or her. Do exactly what this doctor tells you and you will have an excellent outcome.

Submitted July 15, 2014 | flag

hhhmmmmm as a comment id like to mention Psychiatrist Dr Loren Mosher's Soteria Project and if Dr Power would consider the proven facts from this project done in the USA by caring professionals as a model for future treatment for patients labeled with schizophrenia. Since it was proven in this project that patients labeled with schizophrenia improved vastly living in a compassionate caring prescription drug free environment as apposed to their counterparts that were drugged with prescription psychiatric drugs and the outcome for those individuals was no where near as positive or helpful. I feel a drug free compassionate environment should be a priority in health care. What does a person have really if they don't have compassion understanding and respect shown to them.Several professionals agree that a drug free treatment approach is far superior and yields much better outcomes that use of prescription drugs.

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Power definitely shouldn't be working with patients with mental health issues. He is a very cold, rude, mean hearted person. After seeing him only twice he figured he had me pegged and brushed off everything I said to him. Not a good listener. Doesn't accept any way of doing things unless it's his way. Has a "Im the best" way about him Seems to thinks people with MHI's are mentally delayed, like we don't know what we're saying or feeling. Most of us are a lot smarter than he can imagine. But belittling is his way, and it doesn't help a patient who is in a crisis. Shoving books in our face doesn't help. Telling us our problems are because of our weight doesn't help. LISTENING DOES!! He has NEVER listened to me. After seeing him two more times , and him pretty much telling me he couldn't help me, I haven't been back, and have no plans to go back. The thing he doesn't realize is he's putting patients lives at risk (suicide) when he treats them like that and they are in a crisis.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2013 | flag

drpower doesnt know what he is talking about. he told me i had one ilnessthen he changed his mind about me next time he talked to me.now he says i have something else.how does he know i have a sickness when he gave me no test!why would he say i was sic thats so stupid he doesnt know what he is talking about an i dont think he has been a dr for very long we need drs why do newfoundland get these drs thanks

Submitted Aug. 12, 2012 | flag

This doctor has a cold bedside manner and he is a pill pusher.. He forces hospitilizations and is extremely rude. He overdoses medication as well. Would never recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2012 | flag

this doctor constantly misinterprets what i say he dosent listen he is a pill pusher he has a very cold bedside manner he is mean to patients do not recommend

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag