Dr. Deepshika Modi

Rate Dr. Deepshika Modi

Dr. Deepshika Modi's Ratings

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. I give her a lot of credit because she has taken on a practice from an old doctor that wasn't the greatness. I am so happy that such a wonderful doctor has taken over the practice!

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

She sees my children, one of whom has had various medical problems in his few years and she has always taken the time to explain things and make the kids feel at ease. I've had really good experiences with her.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Very nice doctor. Always very thorough during my visits. Happy to have her as my doctor.

Submitted July 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Modi had given me a anti-inflammatory sample drug that was never cross checked with the other medications I was on at the time. Ended up having a seizure and spending the night at RGH. Just a few weeks ago I came I'm to see her in tears about how dizzy and sick I was feeling, she saw me for no more that 5 mins, I left, then she called me back because she forgot to do my blood pressure. Wrote me a prescription and some blood work and said she'd see me next week. The drug never help.

Submitted July 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Modi has finally pushed Dr Gibson out as Dr Gibson has left Marpole Medical. Dr Modi was rated by her peers as a "competent doctor". Please note if you see a doctor rated as "competent" this means mediocre at best.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

It appears to me that several of these ratings were written by the same person. The use of language is suspiciously similar. I have been Dr. Modi's patient for at least two years and have nothing but the highest respect for her judgment, her professionalism and her sense of humour. If she seems abrupt it is because she has a patient waiting. The doctor arrived at work on time; if your appointment runs late, another patient is to blame, maybe someone like you.

Submitted May 4, 2014 | flag

Seeing that others have had the same negative experiences with her that I have is quite comforting. For those who don’t know, she came to Canada from her native India under the belief that she would be able to practice anesthesiology, her specialty. She then found that she was only going to be able to practice as a GP, and so now walks around with a big chip on her shoulder that she likes to take out on her patients. You’ll likely hear this story yourself if you try telling her of your own woes. She’s done me far more harm than good, and so unless you’re just looking for some prescription refills, I’d recommend steering clear, which is what I’ve since done.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Modi has been assuming another doctor's practice for a year or so. Initially I found her to be distant and rushed but after seeing her for the past year that has changed. I now find her to be warm and very accommodating. I am very happy to have her as my doctor.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2014 | flag

She is a not a good doctor.Inexperienced and rude. She thinks is always right. Doesn't listen to any patient's concerns or suggestions. She is condescending. No manners at all. Always, is her way or the highway,very stuburn even when she is wrong. Not tactful at all.When teenagers go with parents , she embarrassed them. Have to fight in order to be send to an especialist. Very different practice from the Dr that had it before. Would not recommend her,not even to my worst enemy.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag