Rate Dr. Deepshika Modi

Dr. Deepshika Modi's Ratings

I grew up with Dr. Gibson, and was told for Dr. Modi to take me as a client I would have to visit 3 times in one year. I am a healthy 35yr. old person who only visits when I am sick-I thought that was a bit odd. I did visit when I had a health concern, and was surprised that Dr. Modi did not ask any of my medical background, habits etc.... My experience was that she was very to the point of the matter, but leaving I did not feel that she was the GP for me. If you are looking for a GP who will spend the extra time with you, and who has strong soft skills it is my opinion she is not the GP for you. She did however, get me a referal and called for blood tests, so I do believe she dots her i's and crossed her t's. Personally I have decided to find a doctor who is willing to spend the time with me and to understand my full health spectrum.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor.. I am so happy that such a wonderful doctor care for my elderly parents

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

In my experience with Dr. Modi, she has poor bedside manner...walks with a chip on her shoulders...thinks the world ows her something. She can be knowledgeble and thourough, I think, but so sorry her manners are so bad that will not allow you to stay long enough to find that out. Lady! you need to improve your human side in you...if you can find it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I saw this doctor only because Dr. Gibson retired. I struggled to get to my appointment during a snow storm and when I finally saw her she didn't want to know anything about why I was there or my medical history, she was completely preoccupied with her personal life. She was very unprofessional, completely not what I had ever experienced from any doctor in the past. Very dissappointed by Dr. Gibson's replacement considering the excellent doctor he was, the choice of replacement for him could not have been more opposite to the kind of doctor Dr. Gibson was. I definitely would not recommend Dr. Modi to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. I give her a lot of credit because she has taken on a practice from an old doctor that wasn't the greatness. I am so happy that such a wonderful doctor has taken over the practice!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

She sees my children, one of whom has had various medical problems in his few years and she has always taken the time to explain things and make the kids feel at ease. I've had really good experiences with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Very nice doctor. Always very thorough during my visits. Happy to have her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2472494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

Dr Modi had given me a anti-inflammatory sample drug that was never cross checked with the other medications I was on at the time. Ended up having a seizure and spending the night at RGH. Just a few weeks ago I came I'm to see her in tears about how dizzy and sick I was feeling, she saw me for no more that 5 mins, I left, then she called me back because she forgot to do my blood pressure. Wrote me a prescription and some blood work and said she'd see me next week. The drug never help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Dr. Modi has finally pushed Dr Gibson out as Dr Gibson has left Marpole Medical. Dr Modi was rated by her peers as a "competent doctor". Please note if you see a doctor rated as "competent" this means mediocre at best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197360].votes_count ]]