Rate Dr. Deepshika Modi

Dr. Deepshika Modi's Ratings

In my experience with Dr. Modi, she has poor bedside manner...walks with a chip on her shoulders...thinks the world ows her something. She can be knowledgeble and thourough, I think, but so sorry her manners are so bad that will not allow you to stay long enough to find that out. Lady! you need to improve your human side in you...if you can find it.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

I saw this doctor only because Dr. Gibson retired. I struggled to get to my appointment during a snow storm and when I finally saw her she didn't want to know anything about why I was there or my medical history, she was completely preoccupied with her personal life. She was very unprofessional, completely not what I had ever experienced from any doctor in the past. Very dissappointed by Dr. Gibson's replacement considering the excellent doctor he was, the choice of replacement for him could not have been more opposite to the kind of doctor Dr. Gibson was. I definitely would not recommend Dr. Modi to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. I give her a lot of credit because she has taken on a practice from an old doctor that wasn't the greatness. I am so happy that such a wonderful doctor has taken over the practice!

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

She sees my children, one of whom has had various medical problems in his few years and she has always taken the time to explain things and make the kids feel at ease. I've had really good experiences with her.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Very nice doctor. Always very thorough during my visits. Happy to have her as my doctor.

Submitted July 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Modi had given me a anti-inflammatory sample drug that was never cross checked with the other medications I was on at the time. Ended up having a seizure and spending the night at RGH. Just a few weeks ago I came I'm to see her in tears about how dizzy and sick I was feeling, she saw me for no more that 5 mins, I left, then she called me back because she forgot to do my blood pressure. Wrote me a prescription and some blood work and said she'd see me next week. The drug never help.

Submitted July 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Modi has finally pushed Dr Gibson out as Dr Gibson has left Marpole Medical. Dr Modi was rated by her peers as a "competent doctor". Please note if you see a doctor rated as "competent" this means mediocre at best.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

It appears to me that several of these ratings were written by the same person. The use of language is suspiciously similar. I have been Dr. Modi's patient for at least two years and have nothing but the highest respect for her judgment, her professionalism and her sense of humour. If she seems abrupt it is because she has a patient waiting. The doctor arrived at work on time; if your appointment runs late, another patient is to blame, maybe someone like you.

Submitted May 4, 2014 | flag

Seeing that others have had the same negative experiences with her that I have is quite comforting. For those who don’t know, she came to Canada from her native India under the belief that she would be able to practice anesthesiology, her specialty. She then found that she was only going to be able to practice as a GP, and so now walks around with a big chip on her shoulder that she likes to take out on her patients. You’ll likely hear this story yourself if you try telling her of your own woes. She’s done me far more harm than good, and so unless you’re just looking for some prescription refills, I’d recommend steering clear, which is what I’ve since done.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag