Rate Dr. Abram Berens

Dr. Abram Berens's Ratings

Complete scam artist. Does not know what he is doing. He will make follow up appointments and not tell you to then send you a bill for it. Then threaten you that it will be sent to collections if you do not pay. He is basically stealing for services not rendered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

At first I thought he was extremely knowledgeable until he started acting the fool. Constantly having to go back to his office for this and for that. I felt as though he may be hard up for money and patients. As I sat waiting for him in his office, I looked around and noticed how dirty everything was. The bathroom was dirty...it's a Doctors office for goodness sake, shouldn't it at least be somewhat sterile??? As time went on, my gut wasn't feeling right about him. I think he blows allot of hot air and talks others down. Bad experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

going to Dr. Berens' office was the most horrible experience one could imagine. Be careful, because he will try to charge patients for services that are covered by your insurance company, he will make sure he bills and gets paid by your insurance company, and YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

I went to see Dr. Berens for Botox and Juvederm. He made me feel uncomfortable right away he is not very friendly. I knew how much I needed because I have been getting this maintenance done for 5 years. He implied I needed a face lift (surgery) or a lot more than what I knew I needed (Juvederm & Botox). Then he tried to sell me on getting additional things done. In addition told me he didn't have the Juvederm I was looking for (which has its own numbing agent on it) and to numb my face he will have to charge me more. It was such a bad experience that I actually changed my mind and got up and left his office. Went to another Dr. a week later who told me what I needed and it coincided with what I knew it to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

He is the only doctor that was able to clear up my skin. He took his time with me and never rushed me out with my tons of questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

He spends more time adding info on his computer than with patients. He can be rude at times. If you want to take a chance, go and see it yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Dr. Berens is thorough and punctual. He seems knowledgeable and if he recommends specialists, they will most likely be of top caliber. He is not for everyone. You will need to sign waivers every time you go into the office. If you sign in blue ink, you will need to sign them again, in black ink. It is refreshing that a medical progressional spends more than a just a few minutes with you, but after several visits, you may just find yourself simply coming in to get a monthly refill. If you need to reschedule an appointment and his office needs to call in a prescription for you, you will be charged for this 'service.' If you can overlook his idiosyncrasies, he may be the doctor for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

When was the last time a doctor spend over a half hour with you assessing your history, your questions, and your go-forward plan? This doctor really cares, and works with the insurance companies to get you the tests and treatments you need. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

My family and I have been using Dr. Berens as our Primary Physician and Dermatologist for many many years. Not only has he been extremely helpful and informative with dermatological issues, but our health as well. Dr. Berens is defiinitely one of the most thorough and informed doctors I've seen/been to and could not ask for a more dedicated doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Dr. Berens has been my primary physician for decades and there is a reason I never wanted to switch. He never rushes you, treats you like a person (not a patient or a collection of symptons) and genuinely cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949034].votes_count ]]