Dr. D.J Costain

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Unknown

Profile updated 26/03/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. D.J Costain has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: healing time for knee replacement?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3659465

18/01/14 5 1 1 1 I am a nurse and have worked in 6 different hospitals over the last 30 years. Never have I ever seen a doctor show more disrespect to his nurses, clerical staff, radiology staff and wardclerks as I have with doctor costain. I noticed it personally when I broke my arm and I got to see first hand how he handles things. And being a nurse I noticed a lot. I have been passed on to a different doctor and have experienced nothing but respect and kindness.
RID: 2835331
04/09/13 5 5 5 5 I have had nothing but positive interaction. Starting with my initial meeting, Dr. Costain has taken the time to treat me with concern and respect and has gone above and beyond anything I've received from any other Doctor. Right now he is still working with me to get to the root of the problems but I can't begin to explain how calm and safe I feel with everything he is trying to do and with everything he is saying. I know that whatever procedure he has to do will be handled in a very caring, reassuring and safe way. That in itself is worth it's weight in gold. I can only really say that I completely trust him and feel that I've at last found a Doctor that truly cares about his job and most importantly, his patient. And, of course, let's not forget his wonderful Secretary, Carly, who is cheerful, helpful and respectful - a true credit to Dr. Costain.  Respond
RID: 2646012
11/05/13 5 5 5 5 Outstanding is the word I would use about this Doctor. He takes the time in the pre-op visits to make sure you undertand everything about the operation. He takes the time during the operation to make sure everything is done correctly and that there will be no post-op surprises. My wife has had both hips replaced - the second one by Dr. Costain and it was the more difficult operation but she sailed through it wonderfully thanks to the good doctor. We recommend him to anyone who needs a hip or knee replacement.
RID: 2441257
08/10/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent patient-doctor manner and also was very good at making me, the patient relaxed and aware of all procedure's he did. Explained all prodedure's, giving information of all care needed and how he could be of assistance. I was very pleased with his attitude and also referred me to another specialist, for aid for an ongoing problem. Excellant care and assistance, very pleasant and understanding!!