Dr. Philip Walton

4165611515 View Phone Number

You may also like

Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

Very clear in describing exactly what he was going to do. Very gentle, patient, and responsive to any questions and concerns I had. Excellent doctor, I had a great experience. Liked him very much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2820142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

if you think going to the dentist is daunting... imagine being told that you need all of your teeth out. although this didn't come as a major surprise given the persistent soreness, and teeth feeling lose for many years - its not an easy thing to hear. what made things worse - was originally being told by a number of surgeons and dentists that i would need to wear a complete denture (think glass beside your bed) – for over a year. The reason I was told it would take so long is because there were many steps involved in getting implants to support an entire set of teeth – in my case all of the upper teeth. I was informed that at first the teeth would be removed, then we would several months, then the implants would be placed and then wait several months and then I would finally have teeth. I was also told there were potential additional costs and time that may be necessary pending on the need for something called a sinus graft or maybe needing to take bone from my hip. Given I wasn’t thrilled at this prospect – I decided to seek other opinions. I spoke to a colleague at work who recently had a couple of implants done by dr Walton and she mentioned it was done in a day. I decided to follow this lead and see if the same treatment may apply to my more extensive situation. Dr Walton was endlessly patient with my questions. He spoke to me in a genuine manner, ensuring I actually understood everything involved in the surgery from start to finish – you could really tell that he cared. He explained why the other lengthier techniques worked and the differences and advantages that came with the same day procedure. It has now been two years and I can tell you that this treatment was actually life changing. I smile with confidence and have had zero issues. I am forever indebted to dr Walton and his phenomenal team who made a very scary situation extremely easy and dare I say pleasant. If you require any type of implant care I highly recommend and urge you to consult with dr Walton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Recently had gum grafting done by Dr. Walton. The procedure was quick, painless and completely professional. The recovery went well, only taking about 7-10 days to heal and return to eating normally. Dr. Walton's follow up and advice on healing was very helpful and comforting. If I ever had to have surgical dental work done again I would most certainly consider Dr. Walton's services.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2806101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I am still not sure how it is even possible that someone would consider seeing a surgeon who tells them they need to have multiple surgeries and bone grafting prior to an implant. I visited several specialists including the one my dentist "swears by" and all told me the same thing. Have the tooth out, wait months, then have the implant, wait months and then finally have the crown. So YES - I was suspect when dr Walton told me it would all be done at once in just over an hour... but sure enough - as you might guess - that's exactly what happened. If you don't want to undergo multiple surgeries and have to wear some hockey player denture - you should see dr Walton - really a no brainer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I recently had gum grafting done - under the care of Dr. Phil Walton. Although I was very nervous going into the surgery - as I had heard horror stories about the level of pain I would incur post surgery - Dr. Walton assured me that the procedure would not be nearly as bad as 'some' had led me to believe. Pre-surgery, Dr. Walton gave me a detailed explanation of the process plus helped try to put many of my 'fears' at rest. During surgery, he provided an overview of what he was doing and ensure I was ok and post surgery, he provided details on proper post-operative care for the coming days/weeks. To summarize, the procedure was not nearly as painful / uncomfortable as I was led to believe and I believe a large part of that was due to the doctor. Dr. Walton obviously knows his stuff, is very credible, approachable and seems to be a genuinely nice guy. If you need to have gum graft surgery - he is your guy!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Walton is an excellent periodontist. He recently completed my gum grafting surgery. I went into the procedure pretty nervous, but he is very calming and explains exactly what is going to happen. His post-op instructions are very detailed and as long as you follow them, the recovery is very quick and painless. He personally follows-up the next day to make sure you are doing well and if you have any questions, you can email him and he is very quick to respond. If you are in need of a periodontist, Dr. Walton is simply the best!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2792589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr Walton recently completed my tooth implant surgery. I am very happy to report, that the outcome was EXACTLY the way he told me it would be. I thought it was going to be painful but I didn't feel a thing, it was great.It looks great, feels great so at the end of the day it was nothing to worry about he did a terrific job and I would highly recommend him to anyone for dental work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr Walton recently completed my gum grafting procedure. I jumped into this procedure based on a "leap of faith" - I did no independent research on this procedure what so ever. This procedure really sounds awful but the simplicity in which Dr Walton explained it, staying crystal clear and fact based from start to finish, just put me at ease. I am very happy to report, that the outcome was EXACTLY the way he told me it would be. The procedure was "textbook" and I'm so pleased that I went for it! Dr Walton kept the entire experience upbeat and positive, even giving me play by plays as he was stitching up my gums. I was never in the dark, wondering, I knew exactly what was happening, every step of the way. The recovery may sound daunting but again, it was pretty straightforward. Dr Walton set me up perfectly, with my own "care bag" and notes, so I really had nothing to worry about. I followed it, did everything I was told to do and my recovery was pretty seamless, no big deal at all. I would definitely do this procedure again, and should that situation come up, I would call up Dr Walton to do it!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2747281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

i just completed my care with dr walton and i not only want to thank him and his team - but also this site...
when i was told i needed dental implants and was sent by my dentist to the usual surgeon he worked with, i felt i should consider exploring other options. although at first i thought it was crazy to be literally googling for the best or most qualified periodontist - thats exactly what i did.. and it lead me to ratemds.
frankly - i was totally skeptical at first and nervous to even consider using this as a tool to choose a surgeon but i figured it was worth a shot and that a consult couldn't hurt.
well - sure enough - what everyone had said/written was indeed true. from the moment i met dr walton i felt a sense of being incredibly genuine, caring and willing to sit spending time to explain everything to me in a manner i could actually understand. more importantly - the other surgeon i saw was adamant that the on ly way to do my case was to extract the tooth, wait many months, then get the implant and wait even more months and then finally get my teeth... all the while i was to wear a denture or what he called a flipper but essentially resembled what a hockey player pops out.
anyhow - to end my story - dr walton removed 6 of my teeth and placed 4 implants at the same time and also delivered teeth on the same day...something i was told could not be done by the other surgeon. the whole appointment took approximately an hour and i had mild discomfort in the following days. i have had the teeth for over 2 years without a single issue...and not to mention the fees, although costly were somewhat more reasonable with dr walton relative to the other surgeon.
if you have been told you need dental implants - i would at least entertain a consultation with dr walton to see if his expedited techniques apply to you... because i cannot imagine going through several surgeries and being without teeth for months - just wasn't happening

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703516].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

My story differs slightly than many I have read on this site but still has the same essence... that dr walton is a unique, gifted and talented surgeon and diagnostician. Like many I had decided to seek additional opinions regarding dental implant treatment. My dentist had sent me to two other surgeons who were quick to recommend the removal of my teeth and dental implants... in fact i was actually scheduled at one of the offices prior to hearing about dr walton from a friend.

Although dr walton was in agreement that the teeth were indeed dire and required removal, he brought to my attention the unusual look/nature of my gums and recommended a small biopsy prior to proceeding with implant care - to ensure nothing more was going on.

To my surprise, the results indicated i actually had an invasive form of cancer within my gums and jaw, specifically in the area being discussed for implant treatment. After dr walton informed me of the diagnosis he facilitated referral to an esteemed oral pathologist at sunnybrook who subsequently ensured those in oncology were informed.

The decision was made to remove a significant portion of my front lower jaw literally the following day due to the invasive nature of the cancer and to avoid spread.

So you may find it odd that im writing a positive testimonial of dr walton given my situation...but... The oncologist and surgeons told me that dr walton likely saved my life and for that i thank him beyond.

To think that the other surgeons were solely focused on placing implants and completely overlooked something that would have compromised more than my teeth is disheartening.

So although i can't speak to the quality of dr waltons implant surgery - i can tell you he is an incredibly gifted, attentive and brilliant doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2700927].votes_count ]]