Dr. Philip Walton

Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

After having experienced two periodontal surgeries with another periodontist about 25 years ago, each followed by two weeks of great discomfort, I felt some trepidation before my recent appointment with Dr. Walton. I need not have worried. Although this surgery involved extensive gum grafting, it was completed in just over half an hour, and was completely painless. Nor, to my great surprise, did I experience any pain or discomfort afterwards. I took the pain medication as prescribed for 3 days and needed nothing further. Dr. Walton‘s manner is gentle and reassuring, his instructions for after-care are clear and helpful, and his skills produce an excellent result. His staff is competent and kind. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I needed four teeth on the upper right side grafted for gum recession. I was a little nervous about the procedure but I didn't need to be. Dr. Walton has a terrific "chair side" manner. He immediately put me at ease, was extremely professional and made the whole process essentially painless. I had the grafting done on a Friday afternoon of a long weekend. On Saturday the right side of my face was swollen like a chipmunk (definitely ice your face regularly - it helps!) I rested all day Saturday, didn't talk much and iced my face. On Sunday, I had a golf game booked and was able to golf! I brought my ice pack in a cooler and iced between shots and took my pain pills. I looked noticeably swollen but I was able to play. I golfed again on Monday too. So I guess you could say it was a surprisingly simple procedure - or at least he made it seem that way. He did an excellent job and the recovery process really wasn't that bad.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr Walton has magic hands. I faced having an implant with great trepidation because I had heard so many horror stories. The implant was one of my better dental experiences. I had the tooth removed and the implant and crown on the same day with relative ease . I did not need a larger scale more expensive bone graft. I had literally a painless procedure . Dr Walton is the best and I will never again be nervous of an implant. Thank you Dr Walton.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

I was required to have gum graft surgery earlier this year. Before doing so, I met with Dr. Walton for a preliminary appointment to discuss the procedure. He was very knowledgeable and courteous and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. I decided to go ahead with the surgery which was performed in April. I had grafts done on two areas of my gums. The procedure was relatively quick and was done with care by Dr. Walton and his assistant. Following my procedure, Dr. Walton very thoroughly explained how to use the prescribed medications, how to look after my mouth during the healing process and what to expect in regards to pain and discomfort. My mouth was sore for about a week after the surgery, but the medications eased the pain and I was still able to eat with relative ease and function normally. I am very pleased with the results and am glad I went ahead with the graft. Dr. Walton is a highly skilled and professional periodontist and I would certainly recommend him to others.

Submitted June 29, 2014 | flag

I had visited three dentists before consulting Dr.Walton for potential bone grafting and tooth implant surgeries, but what set Dr.Walton apart from the others was his passion for what he does and his vast knowledge on the subject. As someone who is wary of even the simplest of fillings, bone grafting had initially seemed too daunting to process for me. However, Dr.Walton's confidence and knowledge encouraged me to proceed with the bone grafting surgery the very same day as my consultation! After the procedure, Dr.Walton remained in consistent direct contact with me through email to ensure my recovery process was going smoothly and answered any queries I had immediately. With regards to my tooth implant surgery, the procedure was very quick and I felt no pain at all and so left the clinic with a smile on face!

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

I recently had a graft done with Dr. Walton and just wanted to share the positive experience I had. The procedure did not take long at all and I was able to go straight to work after the procedure and didnt miss a minute. I followed his directions and took the drugs that were prescribed and I felt little to no pain during the healing process. I hope this helps your decision as well as reassure you that this procedure does not have to affect your daily life.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag

It is with deep appreciation to Doctor Philip Walton that I write this note to anyone who is agonizing over having work done on their mouths. Dr. Walton is: highly gifted, respectful, confident, at ease in his work, humble (he never told me he was a Harvard graduate),patient, obliging, and decent. (He noticed that my mom was feeling anxious for me so he went over and hugged her.)I had a bone graft and it was completely painless; less than that of having a tiny splinter removed from a thumb. There is no discomfort after either as I had feared there would be. His staff are fond of him, and he is just plain nice! He gives the patient ample opportunity to speak and his e-mails during and after are very well appreciated. It comforts me so much to know that we have him on side for any future work. I would highly recommend Doctor Walton to everyone, but especially the squeamish and the procrastinators. Finally, it was the dextrous, compact and non-intrusive way he had which impressed me.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2014 | flag

I chose to have my gum graft done with Dr. Walton based on his RateMD review. I was not disappointed! His work was fantastic, which meant that my post-surgery healing process was much less painful. He took the time to answer all my questions and alleviate all my (many) concerns about my (first) surgery (ever). He even personally followed up (via email) to see how I was doing! I was extremely happy with my choice. Thanks RateMD!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag