Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

My story differs slightly than many I have read on this site but still has the same essence... that dr walton is a unique, gifted and talented surgeon and diagnostician. Like many I had decided to seek additional opinions regarding dental implant treatment. My dentist had sent me to two other surgeons who were quick to recommend the removal of my teeth and dental implants... in fact i was actually scheduled at one of the offices prior to hearing about dr walton from a friend.

Although dr walton was in agreement that the teeth were indeed dire and required removal, he brought to my attention the unusual look/nature of my gums and recommended a small biopsy prior to proceeding with implant care - to ensure nothing more was going on.

To my surprise, the results indicated i actually had an invasive form of cancer within my gums and jaw, specifically in the area being discussed for implant treatment. After dr walton informed me of the diagnosis he facilitated referral to an esteemed oral pathologist at sunnybrook who subsequently ensured those in oncology were informed.

The decision was made to remove a significant portion of my front lower jaw literally the following day due to the invasive nature of the cancer and to avoid spread.

So you may find it odd that im writing a positive testimonial of dr walton given my situation...but... The oncologist and surgeons told me that dr walton likely saved my life and for that i thank him beyond.

To think that the other surgeons were solely focused on placing implants and completely overlooked something that would have compromised more than my teeth is disheartening.

So although i can't speak to the quality of dr waltons implant surgery - i can tell you he is an incredibly gifted, attentive and brilliant doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr Walton is great!!! I saw him for some gum grafts recently and had a totally positive experience.
He explains clearly what he is going to do, and has excellent bedside manner. He's very calming. He did the proceedure quickly, I had very little pain. It took about 45 minutes. He ensured I had everything I needed for the recovery period. I didn't have much pain at all and didn't take all the pain killers I got after the surgery. Aside from doing really great procedures, Dr. Walton puts his email address on the post surgery guide and replies to your emails promptly. It's really reassuring to know that any questions you might have after dental surgery are just a quick email away.
Thanks so much for fixing up my gum situation!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I found Dr. Walton to be extremely knowledgeable and talented with 'magic' hands. The procedure he performed for me was much less painful then I expected from conversations with other people who have had it. I also found it very comforting to be guided very clearly through all stages of surgery and recovery and knowing what was happening and what to expect at each step. My sincere appreciation and grattitude!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

He is number one doctor in all ways. He did an implant in split of seconds without feeling any pressure or pain. I had an implant before for the same tooth with a different doctor , went really bad painful and the other doctor decided to take it out and said my gum is rejecting the implant so better have a bridge. As for Dr Walton he was 100% sure that the procedure is easily done and he guaranteed it and thanks to God I listened to him and went with the implamt plus gum graft and bone graft . The whole procedure finished within half an hour and thanks to Dr Walton everything went as he promised . A year passed and I am satisfied with my result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I went to see Dr. Walton for two implants. I had some anxiety about the procedure as I have had previous experience with an implant with a prior dentist. Dr. Walton eliminated all of my anxiety. He conducted a much faster and easier procedure in comparison to my last implant. I did not experience any pain after the procedure and was very impressed with how he genuinely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend receiving dental procedures from Dr. Walton!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I recently had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Walton for a tooth extraction and bone grafting in preparation for an implant. I use the word, pleasure, which I would not normally use in reference to anyone who has anything to do with teeth. But I must say that the procedure and the recovery which followed was absolutely painless. I was able to go to work the following morning without any pain or anxiety. I have absolutely nothing but praise for Dr. Walton, he has an excellent chair side manner, his workmanship even better and his follow up is impeccable. I would highly recommend Dr. Walton to anyone requiring his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

whoever said that getting gum surgery done is painful has obviously never been to dr walton. i had the misfortune/pleasure of having to see dr walton for an array of procedures. to date he has performed several implants, gum grafts and even gum bleaching/depigmentation. the common themes to all of the procedures were the following: little to no pain following, costs were exactly as promised, exceptional communication both before, during and after the procedures.... tell me the last time you were able to text your surgeon on the weekend?? and - they got back to you 10 seconds later - pretty unreal. in addition - just about every person i spoke to prior to my procedures at work and through family/friends discussed nightmare type experiences when it came to any form of gum/mouth surgery. i dont know where they went - but it seems amazing that my experiences were so different in comparison. i have no shortage of praise for this fine doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Walton a couple months ago after my dentist told me I needed my third implant!! I was a bit anxious as the previous procedures were not pleasant and resulted in significant discomfort. To my surprise, Dr. Walton completed my implant in record time with absolutely no pain or post operative discomfort. I did not even need to take a Tylenol or any other medication following the procedure. Not only is Dr. Walton extremely competent, he is gentle to the touch and has an incredible bedside manner. In fact, I felt totally at ease from the moment we met! He has perfected his technique and exudes quiet confidence. He regularly checked up on me to see how I was doing and let me know that he was available at any time if I needed to speak to him. He certainly goes above and beyond the call of duty and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs periodontic treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

its comforting to see that in todays day and age where the trend has moved toward doctors spending less time with their patients and attending to questions and needs that dr walton and his team actually go above and beyond in this respect. the manner in which dr walton explained and addressed all of my concerns from the first time we met to his follow up calls and emails to correspond during my post operative period was incredible. i hate to use the term customer service when it comes to health care but it was apparent that he is truly a caring physician. beyond his bed side manner and calm demeanor what truly sets him apart is the surgical skill set and outcome he encompasses. i had seen other periodontists who simply had not heard of were not versed in the procedures dr walton undertook with great ease for me. the dental implants i had done were performed all in one day, including tooth removal, and getting an actual tooth...plus there was no bone grafting.. this was a huge contrast to the months of waiting and additional bone graft procedures suggested by other clinics. thank you very much dr walton for you care and expertise

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

i cant even begin to express my sincere thanks to dr walton and his staff. what is most amazing to me is how long i put off necessary treatment out of fear when in reality the experience was made so incredibly pleasant (relatively speaking). i need to have 2 teeth gum grafted due to extensive recession. i had been told this for many years and even visited other surgeons who confirmed the need. ultimately - i finally mustered the courage with dr walton because of his kind, caring and genuine personality. it was very clear from my first meeting with him - that he truly cares about the patient and his staff members. he is patient to a fault and spent close to an hour answering any and all of my questions. his explanation of the treatment recommended and post-operative care was so detailed and accurate of what actually took place. not only did the gum graft surgery take about 20minutes to do - there was hardly any discomfort following - i think i took some advils and that was about it. in addition - i was always told that the recession was too extensive to be covered yet the outcome of dr waltons work resulted in literally no roots showing. if you need gum grafting done, i simply cant begin to stress that you need to consider seeing this caring doc!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616777].votes_count ]]