Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

I recently had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Walton for a tooth extraction and bone grafting in preparation for an implant. I use the word, pleasure, which I would not normally use in reference to anyone who has anything to do with teeth. But I must say that the procedure and the recovery which followed was absolutely painless. I was able to go to work the following morning without any pain or anxiety. I have absolutely nothing but praise for Dr. Walton, he has an excellent chair side manner, his workmanship even better and his follow up is impeccable. I would highly recommend Dr. Walton to anyone requiring his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

whoever said that getting gum surgery done is painful has obviously never been to dr walton. i had the misfortune/pleasure of having to see dr walton for an array of procedures. to date he has performed several implants, gum grafts and even gum bleaching/depigmentation. the common themes to all of the procedures were the following: little to no pain following, costs were exactly as promised, exceptional communication both before, during and after the procedures.... tell me the last time you were able to text your surgeon on the weekend?? and - they got back to you 10 seconds later - pretty unreal. in addition - just about every person i spoke to prior to my procedures at work and through family/friends discussed nightmare type experiences when it came to any form of gum/mouth surgery. i dont know where they went - but it seems amazing that my experiences were so different in comparison. i have no shortage of praise for this fine doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Walton a couple months ago after my dentist told me I needed my third implant!! I was a bit anxious as the previous procedures were not pleasant and resulted in significant discomfort. To my surprise, Dr. Walton completed my implant in record time with absolutely no pain or post operative discomfort. I did not even need to take a Tylenol or any other medication following the procedure. Not only is Dr. Walton extremely competent, he is gentle to the touch and has an incredible bedside manner. In fact, I felt totally at ease from the moment we met! He has perfected his technique and exudes quiet confidence. He regularly checked up on me to see how I was doing and let me know that he was available at any time if I needed to speak to him. He certainly goes above and beyond the call of duty and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs periodontic treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

its comforting to see that in todays day and age where the trend has moved toward doctors spending less time with their patients and attending to questions and needs that dr walton and his team actually go above and beyond in this respect. the manner in which dr walton explained and addressed all of my concerns from the first time we met to his follow up calls and emails to correspond during my post operative period was incredible. i hate to use the term customer service when it comes to health care but it was apparent that he is truly a caring physician. beyond his bed side manner and calm demeanor what truly sets him apart is the surgical skill set and outcome he encompasses. i had seen other periodontists who simply had not heard of were not versed in the procedures dr walton undertook with great ease for me. the dental implants i had done were performed all in one day, including tooth removal, and getting an actual tooth...plus there was no bone grafting.. this was a huge contrast to the months of waiting and additional bone graft procedures suggested by other clinics. thank you very much dr walton for you care and expertise

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

i cant even begin to express my sincere thanks to dr walton and his staff. what is most amazing to me is how long i put off necessary treatment out of fear when in reality the experience was made so incredibly pleasant (relatively speaking). i need to have 2 teeth gum grafted due to extensive recession. i had been told this for many years and even visited other surgeons who confirmed the need. ultimately - i finally mustered the courage with dr walton because of his kind, caring and genuine personality. it was very clear from my first meeting with him - that he truly cares about the patient and his staff members. he is patient to a fault and spent close to an hour answering any and all of my questions. his explanation of the treatment recommended and post-operative care was so detailed and accurate of what actually took place. not only did the gum graft surgery take about 20minutes to do - there was hardly any discomfort following - i think i took some advils and that was about it. in addition - i was always told that the recession was too extensive to be covered yet the outcome of dr waltons work resulted in literally no roots showing. if you need gum grafting done, i simply cant begin to stress that you need to consider seeing this caring doc!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I just had an implant done on my molar with Dr. Walton @ Empress Walk Dental Practice. My experience with him & his staff was great. I was kind of nervous about getting the implant done, however I found that it was much easier than most other dental procedures. The whole procedure took less than 1/2 hr. I felt no pain or discomfort during or after the procedure.
Dr. Walton explained every step during the procedure which I found it very comforting. I went back to work after the visit with no problem. Dr. Walton is a knowledgeable, professional & caring doctor who I highly recommend to my friends & family.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

I found Dr. Walton by googling 'Best Periodontist in Toronto' and I would like to say that google is not wrong! I had an implant and temp crown done in the same day. My other periodontist told me I had to wear a denture for 4-8 months! The implant was relatively pain-free and the temp crown looks super. Dr. Walton was professional and very gentle plus he keep me updated through the whole procedure. I would recommend him and the Queen Street Medical Centre wholeheartedly! 2 thumbs up and a five star rating!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr Walton takes the anxiety out of dentistry by being professional, caring, gentle and competent. His step by step commentary before, during and after was/is very comforting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I recently had a damaged molar removed and replaced with an implant. The full procedure, from the day the cracked molar was removed until the actual crown was installed took about 8 months as there are several steps involved and healing time needed between them. There is another quick check-up 6 months after the install to make sure everything has healed properly. So a little time consuming. The surprising part was the lack of pain or discomfort involved. Who’d have thought that having a small post screwed into your jaw caused no pain? Dr. Phil answered any questions and explained the procedure in great detail from start to finish. So I was never unaware of what was happening. If necessary I’d do it again with no reservations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I recently visited Dr. Walton to inquire about a procedure called Gum Depigmentation. This treatment is to remove dark areas of the gum and reveal the natural pink colour. After speaking to a handful of other Periodontists about Gum Depigmentation, most didn't even know know what this procedure was. I finally found Dr. Walton who possessed a lot of knowledge and had performed this procedure with an extremely high success rate.

During the initial consultation, Dr. Walton reviewed the details of treatment, determined that it was appropriate, and costs. Everything he had outlined was accurate and there were no surprises before or after the procedure. This is really a low risk procedure with a pretty short recovery time. During the recovery process, Dr. Walton made himself easily accessible to answer any questions or concerns that I had.

It's been a few months since I had Gum Depigmentation done, and I'm very happy with the results. I absolutely recommend Dr. Walton to anyone who's looking to have this procedure done. He's very professional and friendly, and an absolute expert in his field. The staff at Queen St. Dental are also fabulous! It's a comfortable and relaxing environment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575434].votes_count ]]