Dr. Philip Walton

4165611515 View Phone Number

You may also like

Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

I can’t speak highly enough about Dr. Phil Walton.

My dentist had been recommending gum grafting for over 7 years now. I was very nervous about the procedure, but went ahead and met with their periodontist. I wasn’t at all comfortable with him. I did my research and had many questions. He made me very uncomfortable, rushed through my questions, etc. Both he and my dentist wanted me to use my own tissue. The only reason they gave me was that it provides better results. There was no discussion about the pros and cons given my personal situation (e.g. area of gum that needed grafting, the fact that my gums aren’t visible when I talk or smile, etc.).

I finally bit the bullet and decided to find a periodontist on my own. I came across Dr. Walton on rate MD. The reviews were very detailed and positive, and when I saw he worked in an office that was convenient to me, I had nothing to lose by booking a consult.

I felt at ease the moment I walked in. Everyone was friendly, approachable, and very helpful. Dr. Walton listened to me and took the time to go over all my options and discuss the pros and cons so that I could make an informed decision. I was more than nervous the day of the procedure, and he had no issue with adjusting my treating and adding nitrous oxide (laughing gas) even though we hadn't planned on it. The procedure went smoothly and was pain free. He followed up with me after and was very patient with all my emails and questions.

Shane was great assisting me with my claim issues. He never got frustrated and was very helpful. My procedure was Friday and I was told I would likely be back to work Tuesday, maybe even the Monday. I was off for an entire week. It would have been helpful if I could have been prepared for the longer recovery, then again, probably better that I didn't know what I was really in for ... I still remember being shocked when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror, and even more so when the my face continued to swell for the next 3 days ;)

Dr. Walton cautioned me that using alloderm wouldn't produce the same results as using my own tissue so I had realistic expectations. This was good. In the end, we both agreed the results were better than expected, even fabulous. I couldn't be more pleased!

I can't say enough about Dr. Walton, his work, and staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He has a patient for life! Although hopefully, only for checkups and no more procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

After not seeing a dentist of any kind for over 25 years due to an extremely high level of anxiety, I earned myself advanced gum disease that unfortunately required surgery. I will always carry some level of anxiety visiting doctors and dentists, but Dr. Walton helped drastically reduce my fears. The procedure went exactly as he said, he asked how I was doing throughout, while notifying me of successful milestones being met surgically and about how much time was left. In the procedure. I was pleasantly shocked when he said it was over. I healed in the time frame he said I would, but the topper was that he e-mailed me on the weekend to see how my recovery was going the next day. Now that's service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Absolutely excellent periodontist. Excellent bedside manner and explaining everything in detail before he does anything. His staff were excellent and I have had a fabulous outcome.... I would not hesitate a minute to give Dr. Walton 10 stars and refer anyone who wants the best in Toronto in their mouth!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2840129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I'd heard horror stories about gum grafting...but recently had it done by Dr Walton and was totally surprised. Almost no pain after the procedure- healed well with no issues. Would encourage anyone who needs the procedure to see Dr Walton.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2836302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Very clear in describing exactly what he was going to do. Very gentle, patient, and responsive to any questions and concerns I had. Excellent doctor, I had a great experience. Liked him very much.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2820142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

if you think going to the dentist is daunting... imagine being told that you need all of your teeth out. although this didn't come as a major surprise given the persistent soreness, and teeth feeling lose for many years - its not an easy thing to hear. what made things worse - was originally being told by a number of surgeons and dentists that i would need to wear a complete denture (think glass beside your bed) – for over a year. The reason I was told it would take so long is because there were many steps involved in getting implants to support an entire set of teeth – in my case all of the upper teeth. I was informed that at first the teeth would be removed, then we would several months, then the implants would be placed and then wait several months and then I would finally have teeth. I was also told there were potential additional costs and time that may be necessary pending on the need for something called a sinus graft or maybe needing to take bone from my hip. Given I wasn’t thrilled at this prospect – I decided to seek other opinions. I spoke to a colleague at work who recently had a couple of implants done by dr Walton and she mentioned it was done in a day. I decided to follow this lead and see if the same treatment may apply to my more extensive situation. Dr Walton was endlessly patient with my questions. He spoke to me in a genuine manner, ensuring I actually understood everything involved in the surgery from start to finish – you could really tell that he cared. He explained why the other lengthier techniques worked and the differences and advantages that came with the same day procedure. It has now been two years and I can tell you that this treatment was actually life changing. I smile with confidence and have had zero issues. I am forever indebted to dr Walton and his phenomenal team who made a very scary situation extremely easy and dare I say pleasant. If you require any type of implant care I highly recommend and urge you to consult with dr Walton.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2807407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Recently had gum grafting done by Dr. Walton. The procedure was quick, painless and completely professional. The recovery went well, only taking about 7-10 days to heal and return to eating normally. Dr. Walton's follow up and advice on healing was very helpful and comforting. If I ever had to have surgical dental work done again I would most certainly consider Dr. Walton's services.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2806101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I am still not sure how it is even possible that someone would consider seeing a surgeon who tells them they need to have multiple surgeries and bone grafting prior to an implant. I visited several specialists including the one my dentist "swears by" and all told me the same thing. Have the tooth out, wait months, then have the implant, wait months and then finally have the crown. So YES - I was suspect when dr Walton told me it would all be done at once in just over an hour... but sure enough - as you might guess - that's exactly what happened. If you don't want to undergo multiple surgeries and have to wear some hockey player denture - you should see dr Walton - really a no brainer

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2806076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I recently had gum grafting done - under the care of Dr. Phil Walton. Although I was very nervous going into the surgery - as I had heard horror stories about the level of pain I would incur post surgery - Dr. Walton assured me that the procedure would not be nearly as bad as 'some' had led me to believe. Pre-surgery, Dr. Walton gave me a detailed explanation of the process plus helped try to put many of my 'fears' at rest. During surgery, he provided an overview of what he was doing and ensure I was ok and post surgery, he provided details on proper post-operative care for the coming days/weeks. To summarize, the procedure was not nearly as painful / uncomfortable as I was led to believe and I believe a large part of that was due to the doctor. Dr. Walton obviously knows his stuff, is very credible, approachable and seems to be a genuinely nice guy. If you need to have gum graft surgery - he is your guy!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2800314].votes_count ]]