Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

In the past year I had to consider having implant surgery and decided to look on line at various clinics and to read the testimonials from their patients. It was very difficult to decide which clinic to choose from, as so many claimed to be experts in every aspect of current technology. Living in Leslieville, I thought to go to Queen Street Dental Clinic for my first assessment. I am so glad that I made this choice, because of my experience with Dr. Philip Walton. First of all he has a very engaging personality, and I was immediately at ease. Dr. Walton explained to me in every detail the process, what to expect and a breakdown of costs. There were no surprises, and what I valued very much was that Dr. Walton assured me that this would be a pain free experience. Three months have passed, and my final appointments are drawing near. For anyone considering having any form of dental surgery, I suggest you look no further than Dr. Philip Walton. I can't thank him enough for the excellent results, and my friends cannot believe the difference. I have a great smile!

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

I recently saw dr walton after having been told by my dentist that i would need to lose all of my teeth. initially i was referred by my dentist to the surgeon/periodontist he typically works with. after being displeased with this opinion and being told that i would need a great deal of bone grafting both in my sinus and other places - i decided to seek alternative opinions. one of my close friends recommended dr walton and sure enough - his treatment plan was less invasive (no bone grafting), less costly and was all performed in the same day vs the previous surgeon who suggested it would take over a year from start to finish. i can't thank dr walton enough for changing my smile and my life - all in one day - it truly was an incredible experience. i highly recommend seeking an opinion from dr walton if you are considering any time of dental implant surgery!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

After having experienced two periodontal surgeries with another periodontist about 25 years ago, each followed by two weeks of great discomfort, I felt some trepidation before my recent appointment with Dr. Walton. I need not have worried. Although this surgery involved extensive gum grafting, it was completed in just over half an hour, and was completely painless. Nor, to my great surprise, did I experience any pain or discomfort afterwards. I took the pain medication as prescribed for 3 days and needed nothing further. Dr. Walton‘s manner is gentle and reassuring, his instructions for after-care are clear and helpful, and his skills produce an excellent result. His staff is competent and kind. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I needed four teeth on the upper right side grafted for gum recession. I was a little nervous about the procedure but I didn't need to be. Dr. Walton has a terrific "chair side" manner. He immediately put me at ease, was extremely professional and made the whole process essentially painless. I had the grafting done on a Friday afternoon of a long weekend. On Saturday the right side of my face was swollen like a chipmunk (definitely ice your face regularly - it helps!) I rested all day Saturday, didn't talk much and iced my face. On Sunday, I had a golf game booked and was able to golf! I brought my ice pack in a cooler and iced between shots and took my pain pills. I looked noticeably swollen but I was able to play. I golfed again on Monday too. So I guess you could say it was a surprisingly simple procedure - or at least he made it seem that way. He did an excellent job and the recovery process really wasn't that bad.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr Walton has magic hands. I faced having an implant with great trepidation because I had heard so many horror stories. The implant was one of my better dental experiences. I had the tooth removed and the implant and crown on the same day with relative ease . I did not need a larger scale more expensive bone graft. I had literally a painless procedure . Dr Walton is the best and I will never again be nervous of an implant. Thank you Dr Walton.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

I was required to have gum graft surgery earlier this year. Before doing so, I met with Dr. Walton for a preliminary appointment to discuss the procedure. He was very knowledgeable and courteous and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. I decided to go ahead with the surgery which was performed in April. I had grafts done on two areas of my gums. The procedure was relatively quick and was done with care by Dr. Walton and his assistant. Following my procedure, Dr. Walton very thoroughly explained how to use the prescribed medications, how to look after my mouth during the healing process and what to expect in regards to pain and discomfort. My mouth was sore for about a week after the surgery, but the medications eased the pain and I was still able to eat with relative ease and function normally. I am very pleased with the results and am glad I went ahead with the graft. Dr. Walton is a highly skilled and professional periodontist and I would certainly recommend him to others.

Submitted June 29, 2014 | flag

I had visited three dentists before consulting Dr.Walton for potential bone grafting and tooth implant surgeries, but what set Dr.Walton apart from the others was his passion for what he does and his vast knowledge on the subject. As someone who is wary of even the simplest of fillings, bone grafting had initially seemed too daunting to process for me. However, Dr.Walton's confidence and knowledge encouraged me to proceed with the bone grafting surgery the very same day as my consultation! After the procedure, Dr.Walton remained in consistent direct contact with me through email to ensure my recovery process was going smoothly and answered any queries I had immediately. With regards to my tooth implant surgery, the procedure was very quick and I felt no pain at all and so left the clinic with a smile on face!

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

I recently had a graft done with Dr. Walton and just wanted to share the positive experience I had. The procedure did not take long at all and I was able to go straight to work after the procedure and didnt miss a minute. I followed his directions and took the drugs that were prescribed and I felt little to no pain during the healing process. I hope this helps your decision as well as reassure you that this procedure does not have to affect your daily life.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag