Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

I found Dr. Walton by googling 'Best Periodontist in Toronto' and I would like to say that google is not wrong! I had an implant and temp crown done in the same day. My other periodontist told me I had to wear a denture for 4-8 months! The implant was relatively pain-free and the temp crown looks super. Dr. Walton was professional and very gentle plus he keep me updated through the whole procedure. I would recommend him and the Queen Street Medical Centre wholeheartedly! 2 thumbs up and a five star rating!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr Walton takes the anxiety out of dentistry by being professional, caring, gentle and competent. His step by step commentary before, during and after was/is very comforting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I recently had a damaged molar removed and replaced with an implant. The full procedure, from the day the cracked molar was removed until the actual crown was installed took about 8 months as there are several steps involved and healing time needed between them. There is another quick check-up 6 months after the install to make sure everything has healed properly. So a little time consuming. The surprising part was the lack of pain or discomfort involved. Who’d have thought that having a small post screwed into your jaw caused no pain? Dr. Phil answered any questions and explained the procedure in great detail from start to finish. So I was never unaware of what was happening. If necessary I’d do it again with no reservations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I recently visited Dr. Walton to inquire about a procedure called Gum Depigmentation. This treatment is to remove dark areas of the gum and reveal the natural pink colour. After speaking to a handful of other Periodontists about Gum Depigmentation, most didn't even know know what this procedure was. I finally found Dr. Walton who possessed a lot of knowledge and had performed this procedure with an extremely high success rate.

During the initial consultation, Dr. Walton reviewed the details of treatment, determined that it was appropriate, and costs. Everything he had outlined was accurate and there were no surprises before or after the procedure. This is really a low risk procedure with a pretty short recovery time. During the recovery process, Dr. Walton made himself easily accessible to answer any questions or concerns that I had.

It's been a few months since I had Gum Depigmentation done, and I'm very happy with the results. I absolutely recommend Dr. Walton to anyone who's looking to have this procedure done. He's very professional and friendly, and an absolute expert in his field. The staff at Queen St. Dental are also fabulous! It's a comfortable and relaxing environment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575434].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Walton did gum grafting for me in 3 spots in my mouth (my two front eye teeth and one back molar), where the gum line had been gradually receding since having braces years ago. I am very pleased with the results. Amazing how the gums heal and regenerate! The appearance is a nicely blended, pink and healthier looking gum-line. I also appreciated Dr. Walton's calm and considerate bedside manner. His service was professional and felt genuinely patient-centred.

I liked that Dr. Walton took the time to teach and explain, to find out if I had any special needs or concerns, and to answer my questions. On the morning of my gum grafting I was pretty nervous, but Dr. Walton was understanding and considerate of this. He and his assistant made me feel at ease and well-taken care of. I found it nice that he told me what what he was doing at each step, and would check in to tell me how much time was left, or ask how I was doing. The entire thing took 1 hour and was over and done with before I knew it.

My mouth was a little sore and tender for a few days after, but nothing terrible or excruciating. Pain was well managed with ibuprofen and few Tylenol #3's. I did need extra rest for the first 3 or 4 days after. Over all, the experience and results exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Dr. Walton at Queen Street Dental Care to anyone considering this type of work, and I would return should the need arise in the future.

Rachel

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574172].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Before I was referred to Dr. Walton, I had talked to another periodontist about having a gum graft procedure. I had left the appointment with the other periodontist feeling pressured to spend a lot of money to get a lot of work done as soon as possible. I then talked to acquaintances who had undergone this procedure and their consensus was, "If I knew how much that procedure was going to hurt, I would have never done it." So I decided not to have the procedure done until a couple of years later when my new dentist highly recommended I talk to Dr. Walton.

I can't stress enough how pleased I am with how my gum graft with Dr. Walton went. He took the time to answer my questions, he didn't pressure me, and he was willing to spread the grafts out to better suit my financial needs.

More than anything, I was shocked at how little the procedure hurt. I did experience pain in the days after the procedure, but it was completely manageable and I was able to get on with my life. This especially surprised me given the pain other people described after having their gum grafts. I actually spent the first 24 hours wondering if my mouth was somehow still partially frozen. I don't know if this means that Dr. Walton is an especially skilled doctor or if my sources are wimps, but I do know I was incredibly happy with how the procedure went.

There's much more I could write, but I just want people to know that I was very anxious about having a gum graft (to the point where I refused treatment from another periodontist), but Dr. Walton made me feel very comfortable and I am completely satisfied with the work he did. He had an excellent bedside manner before, during, and after the procedure. He even emailed me in the days after the procedure to see how I was healing. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a gum graft.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566329].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Walton did a fantastic job with a gum graft on four of my lower front teeth at the Queen Street Dental Centre location.

The procedure lasted about 30 minutes and was painless except for the anaesthetic needle.

I took the pain killers that he prescribed for about a week afterwards, and experienced no pain after the first day or two.

I also followed Dr. Walton's recommendation to use an ice pack, and there was no visible swelling. I did notice some barely visible bruising almost a week after the procedure, but it disappeared in a few days.

Dr. Walton emailed me a couple of days after the procedure to see how I was doing, which I really appreciated.

I had a job interview scheduled for 16 days after my gum graft, which I had let Dr. Walton know about in advance. He had me come in seven days after the surgery to see if the bandage over the graft and at least some of the stitches could be removed early. The graft was healing well at that point, so he removed both the bandage and stitches. I looked and spoke perfectly fine well before the interview rolled around, so had no reason to worry.

Three weeks after the surgery, I saw Dr. Walton again and he confirmed that the graft was well on its way to healing fully.

Overall, I'm very happy with how well the procedure went, and how quickly and painlessly I healed up (even in time for a job interview). Dr. Walton really knows what he's doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562048].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

In the past year I had to consider having implant surgery and decided to look on line at various clinics and to read the testimonials from their patients. It was very difficult to decide which clinic to choose from, as so many claimed to be experts in every aspect of current technology. Living in Leslieville, I thought to go to Queen Street Dental Clinic for my first assessment. I am so glad that I made this choice, because of my experience with Dr. Philip Walton. First of all he has a very engaging personality, and I was immediately at ease. Dr. Walton explained to me in every detail the process, what to expect and a breakdown of costs. There were no surprises, and what I valued very much was that Dr. Walton assured me that this would be a pain free experience. Three months have passed, and my final appointments are drawing near. For anyone considering having any form of dental surgery, I suggest you look no further than Dr. Philip Walton. I can't thank him enough for the excellent results, and my friends cannot believe the difference. I have a great smile!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

I recently saw dr walton after having been told by my dentist that i would need to lose all of my teeth. initially i was referred by my dentist to the surgeon/periodontist he typically works with. after being displeased with this opinion and being told that i would need a great deal of bone grafting both in my sinus and other places - i decided to seek alternative opinions. one of my close friends recommended dr walton and sure enough - his treatment plan was less invasive (no bone grafting), less costly and was all performed in the same day vs the previous surgeon who suggested it would take over a year from start to finish. i can't thank dr walton enough for changing my smile and my life - all in one day - it truly was an incredible experience. i highly recommend seeking an opinion from dr walton if you are considering any time of dental implant surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

After having experienced two periodontal surgeries with another periodontist about 25 years ago, each followed by two weeks of great discomfort, I felt some trepidation before my recent appointment with Dr. Walton. I need not have worried. Although this surgery involved extensive gum grafting, it was completed in just over half an hour, and was completely painless. Nor, to my great surprise, did I experience any pain or discomfort afterwards. I took the pain medication as prescribed for 3 days and needed nothing further. Dr. Walton‘s manner is gentle and reassuring, his instructions for after-care are clear and helpful, and his skills produce an excellent result. His staff is competent and kind. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497861].votes_count ]]