Dr. Kenton T. Bruice

Denver, Colorado Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Gynecologist (OBGYN)
Website: kentonbruicemd.com External Link
Practice: Dr. Kenton T. Bruice, M.D.
Hospital:
Phone:303-957-6686
Med. School:Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112
Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 38 reviews. Dr. Kenton T. Bruice has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what hospital does he practice at?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3655874
14/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bruice made me feel better after only 2-3 days on the Rx's. At only 41 yrs old, I suddenly began to wake in the middle of the night every night. 3 colleagues recommended that I see Dr. Bruice. He was compassionate, highly knowledgeable, and on time! All of my hormone levels were between 0 and very low. The hormones that Dr. Bruice prescribed immediately improved my sleep, my moods, and my energy. They also helped relieve a few other personal female symptoms; I feel like a woman again! THANK YOU DR. BRUICE!!!!!
RID: 3655254
14/01/14 5 5 5 5 He does charge alot for a short visit. So far, I am doing better than when I walked into his office. He seems genuinely concerned about my response to BHRT and wants to help me get to where I am optimal with the therapy. I like him. I would love to see him be more thoughtful in what he charges. I would suggest him to friends. Don't know what I will do once I go on Medicare. Hope he adjusts his prices for those of us on a "fixed" income! Love, love, his staff!
RID: 3648774
06/01/14 5 5 5 5 Exceptional Dr. for hormone replacement therapy. I have been to other doctors who claim they know how to treat this and all they did was guess at how to treat me. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Bruice uses a lab that is so exacting in the measurements of hormone levels. He is punctual with his appointments and I never have to wait. This shows me that he respects my time and I appreciate that. No more hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, irritability, confusion or other miserable symptoms associated with menopause. I feel great and have my life back! He treats men too. I recommend him to everyone I know that is experiencing hormone changes. It's real and it's treatable. He responds promptly to every issue or concern. I even referred him to friends outside of Colorado and they were so grateful for his expertise and the treatment they received. His staff is exceptional with scheduling and following up. He's simply the best in Denver!
RID: 3643395
28/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Bruice knowledge of HRT for men was life changing for me. Seeing the Dr. is now part of my yearly wellness routine.  Respond
RID: 3596539

05/11/13 4 3 1 1 I have to agree with all of the negative comments and would highly recommend avoiding this "doctor". I don't know who is writing all of the positive comments, maybe they are the doctor writing his own reviews as there is nothing on this rating system to prevent that. When I had a severe adverse reaction to the hormones he prescribed, he told me to take 50% more, which of course made my symptoms even worse. He is very slow in responding, it took him 4 days to get back with me when I contacted him re: my adverse reactions which seems unethical. Why should I suffer for days because of his lack of response? I believe he cares about money and not patients and once he has your money, he is not concerned about your welfare. It took me months to recover from his "treatment". Whatever happened to "first, do no harm?" I believe the reason for my adverse reaction was that he did not ramp up slowly, he immediately prescribed 5-10X what my previous doctor had me on. Very frustrating.  See Responses

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kenton" to "Kenton T."
RID: 2854642
13/09/13 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Bruice for over two years now and I have never felt better. He is very professional and prompt both in his office and by email. I have and will continue to recommend him to everyone. My husband has even started seeing him due to the positive changes in me. He is very pleased as well.
RID: 2823676
29/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bruice is an outstanding physician. He understands his business (hormones) better than any doctor that I have ever visited. He keeps both my wife and I in balance which greatly adds to our quality of life. Thank goodness that there are doctors like Dr. Bruice who specialize in this highly complex field of hormone management.
RID: 2673162
07/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Bruice was excellent. He is the only Dr who understood my issues and actually corrected my issue. In addition his treatment recommendation was exact. This is the first time in years I have been symptom free.
RID: 2670695

04/06/13 1 2 1 1 Patient Beware. Dr. Kenton Bruice is a scam that over charges patients. If you are one of the lucky ones that your insurance pays count your blessings. My first visit was a total of 1,759.00. Dr. Bruice uses a laboratory named Access and is not an approved lab. He bills for labs not Access, therefore increases the price of the labs by a large amount. I found that Access charges for a males panel cost is $199.00 not $1,500.00 that he charges you. My husband had labs as well as I. You can't order blood work directly through Access website but there are other sites which show their costs and they are much less. Please don't waste your money going to Dr. Bruice.
Respond

05/12/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "ASPEN" to "Denver"
RID: 1244020
05/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Bruice gave me a "new" life. I was depressesd, slept 4 hours a night, had anxiety attacks, was claustrophobic, had memory loss, had lost interest in sex; worst of all I thought I was the only person this was happening to.After attending Dr.Bruice's presentation I learned that there were other women experiencing the same issues. After a blood workup and an evaluation of the results Dr.Bruice prescribed bioidentical hormones and I got the old me back.I sleep 8 plus hours a night, elevators are no longer dreaded, my libido is comparable to when I was 25 (I am 60), no more anxiety attacks, no depression. I can't believe I had to go through 10 years of hell before I found the answer to my "problem". My "doctor" suggested prozac and valium-I am thankful that I found a natural way to deal with all my symptoms and didn't have to resort to a cover up approach.Most importantly Dr.Bruice keeps an open line of communication through e-mail.His replies are prompt and never condescending  Respond
RID: 1242257
02/09/10 2 2 2 3 He may be an authorized provider - but he fails to mention that he will be using a non-approved lab. Result is a bill that is 3 times the rate of the national authorized lab. Ask before your appointment how your labs will be billed.
RID: 1215234
25/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bruice gave me my life back. I've referred many friends to him who are equally thrilled with the results of his bio-identical hormone treatment.
RID: 1192220
18/06/10 5 4 4 4 I have been seeing Dr. B for about 5 years. I have had a complete hysterectomy, and the other HRT I had been put on just didn't work. I felt really bad. I was willing to pay whatever to feel good. I have felt great for the past 4 to 5 years. However, recently I decided to roll 2 doctors into 1. I have a new OB/GYN in Arvada, CO, who not only does exams but prescribes BioIdentical Hormones. She looked at my prescription and was horrified. My estrogen levels are so high they are in the stratosphere -- extremely dangerous territory. Over the next 1 1/4 years, my new doctor is going to bring my estrogen levels down to where she feels comfortable and to where I still feel great. The jury is still out on the long-term effects of high levels of estrogen on the body. I have to be hypervigilant because my sister has had breast cancer. Also, my new doctor does not begin to charge what Dr. B charges for his services. Shop around.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1162815
04/05/10 5 5 5 5 I've recommended Dr. Bruice to many of my friends and family. He listened with genuine concern, asked questions, promptly corresponded with me and my appointments always start at the scheduled time. I feel great and it's because of him.  Respond
RID: 1141400
01/04/10 5 5 5 5 I am so grateful to Dr. Bruice. When I first saw him a year ago, I was feeling depressed, woke up in the middle of the night, sufffered from hot flashes, etc... all the fun symptoms of menopause. Now I look better (even skin tone) and feel fantastic! Thank you Dr. Bruice!
RID: 1129496
16/03/10 5 5 5 5 Overall experience was great. I have not felt this great in a year, finnally Dr. Bruice got it right.Thankyou.
RID: 1125870
11/03/10 5 5 5 5 Not sure if Cigna will cover, I have always paid out of pocket in the past. Since Dr. Bruice is now a preferred provider, I hope my office visit will be covered. I have been going to Dr. Bruice for over 5 years and will continue to do so as long as he will continue being knowlegeable on womens health! Always a pleasure to see on my annual check ups.
RID: 1117318
01/03/10 5 5 5 5 I feel great! due to Dr. Bruices expertise and knowledge in the area of bioidentical hormones. I recommend him to all of my friends.  Respond
RID: 1113127
23/02/10 5 5 5 5 I feel like Dr. Bruice has gotten me on track to better health and more zest for life--amazing how hormones affect your being.
RID: 1103115
10/02/10 5 5 5 5 Fabulous experience with Dr. Bruice. Finally a dr who understands and knows how to treat women's hormonal imbalances. I have told everyone i know that they would benefit by going to Dr. Bruice.  Respond
RID: 1091932
29/01/10 5 5 5 5 My HRT with bio-identical hormones has been great. The improvement in my general health were quick and very positive.  Respond
RID: 1089661
26/01/10 5 5 5 5 He has given me "my life" back. I have more energy and even my co-workers have noticed that I am "much happier" and less "cheerful with an edge". I am definately in my "happy place". Would and have recommended him to every female I care about.
RID: 1085049
21/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Bruice is a truly caring MD who listens to your conserns and will tweek your hormonal levels until he gets them just right so that you can feel great. This process of getting the levels right may take up to a year. Hang in there and you will feel great for the rest of your life. If you need Bioidentical hormonal (natural) replacement in the Denver metro area--MAKE AND APPOINTMENT TO SEE DR. BRUICE NOW!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1063235
23/12/09 5 5 5 5 My experience with Dr. Bruice was particularly good. I was very pleased with the visit and the results of the visit.
RID: 1062917
23/12/09 5 5 5 5 If you are looking for a doctor that practices bio-identical hormones, Dr. Bruice is absolutely the best. I'm 39 years old and had to have a complete hysterectomy. I went to several other Dr.'s before finding Dr. Bruice. After the first visit/perscription I experienced a tremendous improvement in the quality of my life. All my symptoms of losing my hormones subsided. It literally feels like I have my life back. The other doctors I went to couldn't seem to get my perscription right. I have never felt so terrible. Dr Bruice changed all that and literally gave me my life back. I would recommend him to anyone experiencing hormone issues.
RID: 1062893
23/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bruice has been a great help in solving the various problems I have experienced due to a lack of estrogen and also found an additional problem with my thyroid that too, has been treated successfully. His care has made a significant difference in an increase of energy, hot flashes have decreased and my sleep has improved.
RID: 1062057
21/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bruice was very helpful in his diagnosis and prescribed medicine. He has tracked my health carefully and I have shown improvement with his suggestions and prescribed hormone therapy. He is also courteous, punctual with appointments, and knowledgeable.
RID: 1052369
08/12/09 5 4 5 5 Glad there is a doctor in Colorado who does hormones replacement. Would recommend every woman to consider this treatment.
RID: 1046027
30/11/09 3 5 5 5 after my experience for the last 3 years, I was skeptical that I would ever find relief, but I cannot THANK YOU enough, in less than 2 months I feel like a brand new person, even better than my old self.
RID: 1044495
27/11/09 3 3 1 1 Beware of this alleged "doctor." You will never get any service or aftercare from him if you have any problems. He has no concern for his patients once he gets his initial consult fee. It takes days for him to respond to questions or problems from patients--if you even get a response. He will not return phone calls. He gets hostile if you even try to give constructive criticism or express frustration about the fact that he won't get back to you. He even stated to me that he doesn't make enough money from self-pay patients to take abuse from them when I told him that I was disappointed in the fact that he would not return my phone calls and I felt like there was no aftercare or followup. It's all about money and I only hope that I can find someone else in the Denver area that can finish what he started. $490 is a lot of money for a 10 minute conversation (with no vitals taken)and blood work. And after the lack of and then hostile response from him, I don't want to go back.
See Responses
RID: 960465
11/08/09 5 5 5 5 Making an appointment with Dr. Kenton Bruice was probably one of the best things I have ever done. I have suffered from hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, memory loss, loss of energy and depression. All the other doctors that I went to, wanted to put me on more medication to mask the symptoms and I never felt any relief. Within 2 weeks of my appointment and taking the creams, along with the DHEA tablets, I noticed a considerable change in many areas. Although it has taken me over 5 years to find someone that actually listened to me and how I felt, instead of looking at me as another number, seeing Doctor Bruice was well worth the wait. I have already recommended him to several friends and will continue as there are so many women out there that are not educated on how a hormone imbalance can affect our day to day life. Thank-you for all your help!
RID: 959459
10/08/09 5 5 5 5 He has been very helpful in alleviating menopause symptoms that I have struggled with for a long time. I am feeling much better now.  Respond
RID: 955435
05/08/09 5 5 5 5 I highly suggest Dr Bruice for women who would like to feel great. I am so relieved that I found Dr Bruice after going to a lot of other doctors. He is very knowledgeable about hormone balancing and takes a careful holistic approach. He doesn't just rely on a standard pharmaceutical prescription that a lot of other OBGYN's prescribe (i.e. estrogen only--one size fits all regardless of your size or symptoms). He customizes your prescription based upon optimizing and balancing. He is very professional and puts you at ease to talk about your symptoms you are experiencing. He asks you very pertinent questions to achieve optimal well being. Dr Bruice is also always prompt and respectful of busy schedules. Excellent Doctor!
RID: 947253
26/07/09 5 5 5 5 I have seen many doctors and tried many different forms of hormones but nothing has worked until I saw Dr. Bruice. My hot flashes went away in 2 days. I am now sleeping through the night. My husband is thrilled because I have my sex drive back. Dr. Bruice spent 30 minutes with me and listened to all of my symptoms. It only cost me a $20 copay.
RID: 941226
20/07/09 5 5 5 5 I've read a ton of research on bioidentical hormone replacement, mostly European studies, and Dr. Bruice knows his stuff. As a breast cancer survivor, he told me exactly what he should have about risks vs benefits. I was very impressed. He takes his time with you, and really listens. I didn't feel like an assembly line patient...the one size fits all behavior some doctors exhibit. No God-complex here, either. It's great to find an actual MD that is open to complimentary medicine. I'm very thankful I found Dr. Bruice after searching for four years for someone in his specialty that my insurance would actually cover.
RID: 847223
30/03/09 3 4 1 1 When I had a severe adverse reaction to one of the hormones this guy prescribed he told me, in short, "tough" and to keep taking it. He was rather rude in my dealings with him also. I definitely will recommend any of my friends NOT to EVER consider seeing him.  See Responses
RID: 659364
08/08/08 2 3 1 2 Pricey. Difficult to reach. Seems Denver patients are second to Aspen's. Initially okay, but with time becomes wearing in regards to getting questions answered. Would recommend Denver-based MD over this part-time MD to ensure continuity of care.
RID: 648883
26/07/08 2 3 1 2 "Doc Hollywood". $490.00 for one appointment to talk 20 minutes (no vital signs, no exam) and blood draw for three lab tests (approx $50 total) which my insurance would have covered with another provider. Does not respond to email questions as promised. No phone number by which to reach if ? reaction to prescriptions. GYN cash charge in Denver for exam, vitals, PAP $180.00. Paying this provider is simply supporting his lifestyle in Aspen where the billionaires are pushing out the millionaires. Avoid this doctor--there are several in Denver who prescribe bioidentical hormones and don't charge outrageous fees and who take insurance! Only doctor I've gone to who tries to be a doctor without being one. More of a marketer than a physician. Absolutely ridiculous charges! Seems clueless to needs of working class in Denver. Needs to care for the "Aspen babes" bloated with self-importance and leave the real people in Denver alone!!  See Responses
* - Rating left by a registered user