You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan Brock

Dr. Jonathan Brock's Ratings

The hospital staff was disorganized and did not actively listen to my symptoms. They booked me in with chest pain which was not the case. The problem only got worse after I finally saw the ER physician Dr Brock. Im sorry to say it's scary that Dr Brock still has a medical license. Dr Brock seemed uninterested in examining my area of complaint which was my throat. He was very dismissive and did not treat me with humility while examining me. His demeanor reflected fatigue/ frustration after a long shift of people with mild symptoms (not ER worthy) and did not want to waste time with me. He actually said the words, " ..people come in with the same symptoms and are a LOT sicker than you. Take some Tylenol or Advil and tough it out". After I pleaded with him to take a second look, he said it was a "bit red". He said that he "respectfully disagrees but theres nothing I can do here". A throat culture was taken but no results are anywhere to be found. I got to look at my blood work results via E-health, which showed a C Reactive Protein test, with results more than doubling the range. The criteria read "Values greater than 7.5 mg/L are significant for active inflammation or infection and require follow up as clinically needed." My result was 17.3 mg/l. Dr Brock TOTALLY misdiagnosed me and seriously put my health at risk as I am a type 1 diabetic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2717644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I see good reviews about Dr. Brock . Unfortunately I had a bad experience with him. He misdiagnosed my mid foot fracture as ligament stretch inspite of my concern that I heard a cracking sound when I fell and unable to put weight on that leg. He looked at the X-Ray and said nothing wrong and do whatever I want with that foot.He didn't bother to read the X-Ray report which said it was a fracture ( later I saw the report at family doctors office). My concern about not having a cast for a fracture was dismissed by my family doctor too. As my foot was not immobilized, it has lead to complications to the point I have been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon now. All this could have been avoided with correct ER diagnosis. This repeated at family doctors office too. Our healthcare system for non emergency has failed. My ordeal is not over yet. I faced financial loss now unable to go to work with uncertainity about my future. More than that my foot is never going to be normal again. My advice to anyone is when in doubt go for a second opinion. I pray that this doesn't happen to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

My mother was attended by Dr. Brock after a serious fall where she broke her L1. Dr. Brock's care, treatment, attention and ability to communicate is outstanding. We're so glad he was the Dr. on at the time. Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

Out of all the Emergency doctors, Dr. Jonathan Brock is one of the nice ones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

I went to Surrey Memorial Hospital because all the walk in clinics were not accepting anymore patients that day. Despite the long wait in the emergency room, the staff were nice. The registering and triage area was quite disorganized and registered myself and my son separately so we had to go through everything twice. When I saw Dr.Brock he was very pleasant and upbeat. He diagnosed myself and my son accurately. He listened to me as I described our symptoms, instead of cutting me off half way through and just quickly walking out the door like every other doctor we have seen since moving here. I appreciated his sincere nature.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71822].votes_count ]]