Rate Dr. Sobia Awan

Dr. Sobia Awan's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Awan for awhile now and because I have a few health concerns I see her more than someone who is quite healthy. My experience has been nothing but positive. My interactions with the staff have always been good. I always have a quick chat with the ladies and they always take a moment to greet me and ask how I am doing. I find this exceptional seeing that they are working in very cramped conditions and are extremely busy most of the time. Dr Awan is also very kind and knowledgable. She never rushes me and has most recently made time for me in an emergency situation. She isn't a doctor that just prescribes a pill and sends you on your way. She shows a genuine and sincere interest in your overall health. And sometimes that means telling you something you may not want to hear. She does this in a most respectful manner. It is a skill not often seen, in my opinion, and I'm grateful I've found her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I agree with the fact that the front office lady (looks like a Bangladeshi or Tamil) is indeed very rude and unprofessional. She does not know how to talk to people and is very disrespectful. She walks around with more power that the doctor itself and makes it look like Dr.Sobia Awan is working for her. Wonder how she is kept employed in that office even in spite of the patients comments which is indeed true. Either Dr. Sobia turns a blind eye to it or may be acting ignorant. NEVER ...NEVER ..AGAIN ....Will me and my family step into that office UNLESS Dr.Sobia replaces her or keeps her in some other post where she does not interact with the patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

the staff is pathetic...rude and arrogant...but dr.sobia is good....will definitely go if she changes her staff otherwise NEVER :-(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

Her staff never follow up with anything. Dr awan herself sounds like a knowledgable perso. But she looks forgetful to me. After full check up I made an appointment with her to talk about the results. In that session she started writing me the exact tests again, till I remind her that I already did all that test and I am here to hear the results. Another time she was supposed to refer me to a specialist after the test results, she never did. No body followed up with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Sobia Awan is very well knowledgeable in her field. She is kind, friendly, has a great sense of humour and has one of the best bed side manners. She takes her time to explain everything to you and never rushes you. Her receptions help is another story. They are not very smart and rude. They make mistakes all the time. It took me 1 year to get them to correct my phone number on my file. It took them weeks to find an ophthalmologist for me, and when they did, he was in Brampton AND he didn't have any availability for 3 months! I live in Richmond Hill and told them to find me one close to the area. I called around myself and was able to find one close to the area that had availability within 2 weeks. I love Dr. Awan, my entire family goes to her but we dread having to deal with her receptionists.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

This is by far the worst doctors office I have ever been to. The staff is rude and the wait times are worse then a hospital,. I highly recommend finding a doctorand a or

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2613977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Best family doctor in GTA. She is caring, passionate and not wasting time or a money grabber.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Wonderful Dr and secretaries, especially Wanika. Before come into to this clinic, I did a revie for Dr awan, some of the comment is read is so not true. She take her time and explains step by step with me, not in a rush. Her office is very clean, and the location is perfect for me and my family. My referrals have been made and was seen by my specialist in 2 weeks. Thank you Wanika for you help. Looking forward for more visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Dr. Sobia Awan is an amazing doctor. She is patient and very knowledgeable when it comes to diagnosing a problem. She also makes you feel very comfortable and is always willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The only downside is one member of her staff who works at the office full-time ..so there is no way of avoiding her. I've had a number of mishaps and rude encounters with the West Indian receptionist over the course of my time with Dr. Awan and its a shame when you have such a great doctor with a staff member who makes you DREAD coming into the office. Because of the rude encounters I've had with this receptionist she has purposely "forgotten" to book appointments for me as well as get referrals to specialists I desperately needed. It took me nearly 3 months to get a referral to a dermatologist! And the only reason I ended up getting the referral is because I called Dr. Awan's office and spoke to a different receptionist who I explained my situation to and was able to get me an appointment with the dermatologist by the following afternoon! RIDICULOUS! It's so disappointing to see how such an amazing doctor can be weighed down by such an incompetent receptionist!!! I've seen countless reviews done by other patients who have also had problems with this receptionist and it boggles my mind to see her STILL employed at the office! If I could give her a no star rating, I would! I just hope that Dr. Awan finds a receptionist who is more patient and friendly like the one who helped me with my referral.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2598644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

VERY PROFESSIONAL DR. VERY FAST WITH REFERRAL APPT, OFFICE IS CLEAN, STAFF IS WONDERFUL, VERY HELPFUL. LOVE THEM. \THANK YOU DR. AWAN. WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEND PT TO THIS PRACTICE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560225].votes_count ]]