Rate Dr. Nazira Chatur

Dr. Nazira Chatur's Ratings

Very helpful, caring and really wants the best for your health. Does not rush into procedures. Asks other gastroenterologists for advice and consults when the situation is difficult and tricky. Amazing support staff to relay information and ask for advice. Does everything she can to expedite care when things are not going well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis two years ago and had a second flare after the first. I found Dr Chatur to be mostly mediocre. She refuses to consider other approaches other than stronger and stronger drugs, denies the positive effects of dietary changes, and can be condescending and insulting when asked questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I am grateful to Dr. Chatur for her care and diagnosis of my long term gastro issues. Upon our first visit, she did a thorough history. Her calm explanation of the upcoming procedures and possible results soothed any anxiety I had. The medication prescribed has given me back a quality of life that had been missing for years. Her staff is always professional but warm when I deal with them, and I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Chatur to anyone I loved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr Chatur is the most kind and considerate Dr. I have ever met. Talking to her was like talking to a longtime friend - unhurried, no pressure and full of human empathy. She diagnosed my problem immediately and did not press me to have any further intervention as she believed further investigation 'under the knife' carried serious risks. I will continue to see her every 3 years - I trust her skill and expertise and I would give her 6 stars I could:-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I must have seen a different Dr. than the one the other comments describe. Without a doubt the most arrogant, insensitive and dishonest Dr. I have ever encountered. Prescribed a motility agent she insisted was "the most powerful anti-nauseant on the market" but was nothing of the sort. Refused to discuss any alternate treatments or any alternate anti-nauseants (thankfully a more compenent Dr. was able to help me). Bragged incessentatly about herself and how great she was throughout both consults (had to phone and beg her staff for the second appointment - apparently Dr. C does not see any value in following up with her patients re: test results). I would sooner see a Vet then have anything further to do with Dr. Chatur.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

From our first visit we found Dr.Chatur very caring, compassionate and helpful with a family member who has disabilities. She was recommended to us by another Doctor, who suggested that she would be the right Doctor to deal with our situation. We are thankful to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

My experience with Dr. Chatur last year was all positive. I felt an empathy and caring that was so appreciated after being newly diagnosed with colon cancer. I am seeing her for a follow up and have absolutely no "white coat syndrome" about a return visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Chatur. Apart from being the only doctor in my personal history who apologized for being late she was also clear and courteous talking to me. The nurses I spoke at at UBC were very enthusiastic also in their support or her and she has a clearly compassionate regard for her patients. The office staff were also very helpful when I called about my appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

I had a colonoscopy from Dr Chatur today. I had previously had a failed colonoscopy done by another physician about 10 years ago, which was a horrible experience and was unsuccessful...thus waiting 10 years to find the courage to have the procedure done again. Dr. Chatur was completely wonderful. She is so knowledgeable, compassionate, competent, patient and takes the time to explain everything about the procedure and answer all of your questions. The procedure was completely painless, very successful and I was treated with tender loving care. I felt so comforted and had complete confidence in Dr. Chatur and her staff. Dr. Chatur was very gentle and professional and really listened to my concerns. She is a fabulous gastroenterologist and I highly recommend her .... and I will to all of my family and friends. Her staff are also amazing...they take lots of time with you and are so gentle and caring. It was a very very good experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Dr. Chatur listened and explained things and really expedited surgery once something serious was found. She is a very compassionate and caring person who gives bad news in a sympathetic but hopeful way. She went beyond the call of duty with emails and phone call followups. I feel she was very thorough and careful in everything she does. One of the nicest doctors I have ever met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138498].votes_count ]]