Rate Dr. DONNA C. ROOSA

Dr. DONNA C. ROOSA's Ratings

She was very rude and made my wife burst into tears and tried to get us to come back for more tests by scaring us that our child might be down syndrome and we needed to do some serious expensive testing just I be sure

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

I have had the pleasure of attending Avalon for over 10years now. The office is absolutely wonderful. I recommend them to anyone I meet. Donna is always my first choice for any appointment needed. Donna gets to know her patients on a personal level and makes them feel comfortable. Donna was not on call the night I delivered my son but had promised she would be there for the delivery and she was. I will be forever grateful to her for the birth experience I had. She is kind and will not sugar coat things but tells you how it is (which I totally appreciate!) I highly recommend Donna and the rest of the Avalon staff!!

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag

My experience with Donna Roosa as my midwife was a great one. I was looking for a happy balance between the knowledge of a midwife and natural birth and a hospital setting. I found that balance at Avalon. They are midwives that work in a hospital. Donna brings as much if not more knowledge about the child birth process as any doctor that I met but with the added benefit of a person who will do all it takes to ensure that my child's birth was as natural as possible. As it turned out I had to be induced due to some complications I was having but Donna allowed me to still deliver vaginally without any other additional drugs which was what I was looking for. Had I been with anyone else, I would probably have had to have a c-section but because of her impressive knowledge and experience, I was able to still deliver vaginally and have a healthy beautiful baby girl as a result. Donna gave me as close to the birth experience that I wanted and I am forever grateful to her.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

Avalon Women’s Center was everything I had hoped for. All of the midwives and Susan the nurse practitioner were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The office staff is very friendly and accommodating. Donna Roosa delivered my second baby after having a caesarean section the first time with doctors. I was able to have a waterbirth with the encouragement of my midwife. She was supportive, caring and encouraged me the entire time giving me the confidence to stay strong and know that my body was able to have a vaginal birth. Morristown Medical Center was a great place to have my baby and I am expecting my third child and looking forward to delivering there again. I would recommend Avalon to any new mom looking for a caring and excellent midwifery practice.

Submitted June 28, 2013 | flag

Donna is an amazing midwife and the person you would want by your side delivering your baby. She delivered all 3 of my children and I could not have asked for a better coach by my side. I cannot thank her enough for her patience, kindness, and knowledge. I had a challenging 3rd pregnancy and she was there not only for the delivery but through all the steps of the way explaining everything to me. I highly recommend Donna to anyone looking to have a comforting labor.

Submitted June 28, 2013 | flag

I had a baby with Avalon in October 2012. I couldn't disagree with this negative comment about Donna Roosa more!I had the PLEASURE of having Donna for my delivery! She met me at the hospital at midnight on a sunday & was all smiles! She had the tub filled up & ready to go & the hightlights of the football game on for my hubby lol!She even rubbed my back & held my hand through my contractions. After 10 hours of laboring & intense pain i elected to get into the bed to start pushing. Donna never left my side. She told me exactly how & when to push. About 10 minutes later by beautiful baby girl was born (tear free thanks to Donna)! She explained everything that was happening to me in full detail despite my ignorance!She was compassionate & sympathetic! I had such a positive experience with her! Not only is she an exceptional midwife, she's a genuine person! I Highly recommend Avalon & hope that everyone else has the same great experience that i was lucky enough to have!

Submitted June 10, 2013 | flag

I have to say I had a wonderful birth with Donna Roosa! She helped me throughout my entire delivery. I cant say enough about Donna she was outstanding. I was very happy with how comfortable she made me feel. She was happy to answer any questions I had and was very compassionate. She made me feel she understood exactly how I wanted my birth plan to go. I was very pleased with my experience at Avalon. Avalon is a terrific practice and I look forward to future experiences with these women!

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

I have to say I had the most amazing experience for my delivery! Donna Roosa was my midwife and she was beyond supportive! I can't even imagine anyone else doing my baby's delivery. She really seemed to work with my birth plan and My husband and I are forever thankful to have had her there! Can't wait to have some more : )

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

Horrid bedside manner. Gave me very inaccurate information about the Rhogam shot. Long fingernails (midwives should keep them short), so her exams were painful. Seemed kind of annoyed to be at my birth, frankly. Not encouraging or supportive in the least. However, ALL of the other midwives in this practice are stellar, I can't say enough good things about them. Unfortunately, there's usually one in the bunch who brings the quality down.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag