Rate Dr. Erik E. Alexander

Dr. Erik E. Alexander's Ratings

I called the Ironwood square office today to ask what the office visit fee was for a self-pay, new patient. She said "between $200 and $400". I said I just want to know the office visit portion of a self-pay, new patient exam, which would exclude any additional tests, etc. She then repeated "between $200 and $400". I then explained I didn't want the dollar range, I wanted to know the exact amount of a self-pay, new patient exam. I asked her what the range was based on so I could determine what I would pay. She refused to tell me. She just replied "because that is how it is set up - between $200 and $400". The tone of voice she was using was as if we were old enemies. She sounded extremely bothered and upset by my simple, reasonable question. I can't speak about the doctors here... I never made it that far. But I have to believe they are losing potential customers everyday if this type of behavior is the norm.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2014 | flag

I spent most of my time with low level female medical assistants. No nurses here. Okay if you are female, could be uncomfortable if you are male. Doctor was very rushed.

Submitted June 13, 2011 | flag

My dad had prostate removed by Dr. Alexander and I was having prostate issues. Dad recommended Dr. Alexander to me, and I have been nothing but good things to say about Dr. Alexander and his staff. Very professional and personable.

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor and staff. I have been seeing Dr. Alexander for over 5 years. Always attentive ans supportive. His handling of my high PSA readings, tests and Rx's have kept my enlarged prostate healthy and intact. Does seem rushed at times, but never to the extent that he does not answer all of my questions and concerns. Very good bedside manner, never arrogant or rude.

Submitted July 4, 2009 | flag

I saw Dr. Alexander when my prostate "locked down" and I was unable to download urine. He was very attentive and caring and spent more than 1 hour caring for my problems. He even called me on the weekend to see how I was doing. He gave me flomax and treated my infection it was very efficacious. I followed up with his PA who was just as good. Crystal his MA was fantastic. I would not hesitate to see him again.

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

I have seen Dr. Alexander several times, have always had a very good experience with him. Spends plenty of time with me, have sat in his personal office with him and gone over scheduling with him, nurse is great, receive calls to remind me of apointments. Great sence of humor.

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

I am surprised to see the positive reviews of this physician. He has the worst case of "hand on the doorknob" syndrome that I've ever seen. Dr. Alexander tries to signal that he doesn't have much time to talk to the patient by continually getting up and moving toward the door while they are trying to ask questions. I have had three separate appointments with him. The first two appointments lasted approximately 15 seconds each and the last appointment lasted 2 minutes. So I am currently scheduled for a procedure, and, despite my best efforts, I have no (non-internet) information about the particulars of the procedure, side effects, etc. When Dr. Alexander DOES respond to questions, he treats the patient as if they have an IQ of 60. This doctor epitomizes what is wrong with medicine today -- he is arrogant, disinterested, and trying to cram as many patients as possible into each hour to maximize his own compensation.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2008 | flag

Dr. Alexander is a great Doctor i recommend you see him if you want to get cured.The doctor has a personality that will make you happy you saw him.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2007 | flag

One of the best Doctors I have ever had for explaining proceedures, etc. His changing partners & offices somewhat disconcerting. Was billed by another Doctor for reading test results, but it was corrected.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2007 | flag

Dr. Alexander is ok. Doesn't spend much time with me.

Submitted July 28, 2007 | flag