Dr. Harry Dhaliwal

Rate Dr. Harry Dhaliwal

Dr. Harry Dhaliwal's Ratings

Terrible experience. Dr.D did an unnecessary ERCP which caused pancreatitis and a 2 week stay in the hospital. He was terrible at following up. Whenever he visited (only after several phone and visits to his office by the family) he said that everything was normal. Should have seen a dietician (referred to by Dr. D) before leaving the hospital but his office didn't make any appointment until 3 months (and 30 pound weight loss) later. I now see a different gastroenterologist

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

I was referred to this office after visiting the emergency room twice with extreme abdominal pain. He told me he "see's patients like you" all the time. He doesn't expect anything is wrong. "Stress" was to blame. Endoscopy was performed. He took biopsy's and I have not heard back. I CANNOT get an answer when I call this office. I leave several messages with no response. I am so frustrated. At least have someone there who will answer the phone or respond to a message.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

I had the procedure done a couple years ago, He is an excellent doctor and very professional.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

I had a colonoscopy done in the past year. Dr. Dhaliwal is excellent for discussing any concerns you might have. He does not rush you. The preparation was easy and the procedure itself was done without any pain or discomfort at any time. I highly recommend this doctor if you need a colonoscopy.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

After the colonoscopy we had been left with bad news which was stressful. It was difficult to get further information as well as a follow up appointment. However when we finally got an appointment to see Dr Dhaliwal, he explained everything clearly, he answered questions and we didn't feel rushed. He has a kind and friendly personality and speaks to us as if we are his equal. The post colonoscopy follow up consultation process needs improvement.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dhaliwal and his staff were competent and compassionate. From the person who scheduled the appointment, to the nurses and doctors, everyone was helpful and seemed to understand that people were nervous and needed attention. The procedure started late, but that is not unusual in specialized medicine, and I was kept well informed along the way as to when we would get started.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

I met Dr Dhaliwal last month and he has been caring and compassionate. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and answered all my questions. He provides excellent care and I am happy he is treating me.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2012 | flag

Became sick July/11, stuck with Dhaliwal as he was on-call. 72hr stay & a colonoscopy later, I was diagnosed with Crohn's. Took til Nov/11 to have my 1st apt! Dr.D said he wanted me on Remicade but there it a process & I'd hear from his receptionist(HA!) After multiple calls & no reply, I saw him Jan/12 just to be told the paperwork still had to be done! Took until April/12 to start Remicade & I've still had issues that he dismisses as "non-Crohn's related" only to hear from others that there is! ie: ARTHRITIS can be onset from IBD/Crohn's! During my July/12 visit, he examined me for the 1st time since leaving hospital, found a lump in my hip area, said "that's a pretty little lump, see me in 4 months" I was livid, I expressed that I wasn't happy with my progress, but he again dismissed my concern, said "see me in 4 months!" Been looking for a new GI since! Dr.D is dismissive, disregarding, just seems to be waiting to leave the office. Very frustrated, disappointed, & exhausted!

Submitted Nov. 6, 2012 | flag

My experience with the doctor has been nothing but positive. Superlative office and bedside manner. Not just with me but also when I have observed him with other patients undergoing procedures. Although he appears fairly young his knowledge seems to be extensive yet has readily deferred to others when necessary.

Submitted May 30, 2012 | flag

I met Dr. Dhaliwal for the first time today as I needed a colonoscopy. I was very imprssed with his caring and excellent bed side manner. He took the time to ensure that I was very aware of the procedure and even came to speak to me afterwards. The nursing staff at the Civic were also excellent. Based on my experience today, I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag