You may also like

Rate Dr. Philip Basile

Dr. Philip Basile's Ratings

Dr. Phillip Bassile carried out a full rebuilt of my foot for Charcote's foot in 2013/4. Although not a diabetic, the Tarsals had all shifted and I had dislocated and/or fractured each of the smaller bones in the foot.

From the first visit onwards, Dr Bassile made expressly clear exactly what was wrong, what was needed to be done, what the process of treatment would be, the pros and cons, the costs and benefits and who outcome might be expected.

I am a professional RN with extensive experience of orthopedics and general medical/nursing and surgical care and have run my own Medical Consultancy Companies in three countries with over 40 years of experience.

Dr. Basille, from day one consultation, offered and DELIVERED expert and sensitive service - resulting in complete restoration of function to the foot and return to working as a nurse manager.

There is a history with Charcotte reconstructions of failure by many surgeons of various specialties. Dr Basille delivers what he says he will. He also points out the risk if people do not follow his timetable. Is it easy, NO. It is realistic and, if followed, successful.

In all my years in 5 countries including USA, UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark and Tanzania, I have not found any surgeon or practitioner to which I would give a 5 star rating. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Bassile.

Robert O. RN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Though I live in NH, I chose Dr. Basile to deal with my bunion. I knew that bunionectomies frequently do not go well; in fact, my primary care provider in NH had discouraged me from having surgery because so many of her patients were unhappy with it when performed in our area. Fortunately, my daughter had had excellent results from a bilateral bunionectomy with Dr. Basile twenty years prior. Since I was unable to exercise or walk normally anymore due to bunion pain, I decided to take a chance on Dr. Basile.
I have nothing but good things to say about my entire process with Dr. Basile, his interns, his staff and Mt Auburn Hospital. I am now a little over a year out from having had a bunionectomy, joint replacement and implants to correct hammertoes. I have been back to normal, pain-free activities at home and at the gym for many months. I no longer have to wear oversized, clunky shoes with inserts. Those are the most important stats, but of almost equal importance was the process of getting to that stage. Dr Basile and his staff were friendly, helpful, polite, informative and willing to spend as much time as needed to answer questions and ensure that I felt at ease before and after surgery. I can honestly say that office visits were fun. Within a year or so I will be returning to Dr. Basile to have my other bunion corrected.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Basile when he had an office at the Mount Auburn Hospital. (so that goes back a bit-love the new office much better) I had two separate bunion surgeries and some work done on my toes and both surgeries went exactly as explained to me by Dr. Basile. The results were extremely successful and I've never had another problem with my bunion or toes again. Dr. Basile is very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain exactly what he needs to be done and what to expect for recovery time. He was accurate on the timing of everything. I would describe his demeaner as professional and kind; he makes it very easy to ask any questions you might have. His staff is always so pleasant and helpful on each of my experiences. Dr. Basile is the only doctor I would ever trust to go to with any of my feet issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr basile and his staff are AMAZING I had surgery on a bunion and 3 dislocated toes. Dr Basile was incredible he was told me that in 3 weeks I would be on a shoe and I was my foot looks fabulous . I would recommend him and I had to family and friends. I couldn't be happier with him or his staff your the BEST 😊

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2568545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Worst doctor i've ever had in my entire life ! He is the most uncaring unprofessional doctor, definately dose not care about his patients just in it for the money .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr. Basile did surgery on my right foot. At my last post-op visit, Dr. Basile berated me. I guess my comment that "My foot is very, very uncomfortable" wasn't what he wanted to hear. I left the office in tears, and I plan never to return. It remains to be seen if the surgery is successful or not. Dr. Basile did not adequately explain the recovery process. He did not even speak to me after the surgery. I complained to Mount Auburn Hospital patient relations, and I plan to file a complaint with the AMA. I sincerely wish I had gone to another surgeon. Working with him was a horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Basile did unnecessary surgery on my foot. My foot before surgery was fine as far as I was concerned. I had no problems with my foot. I was sent to him by my endocrinologist for a check up. Dr. Basile told me I needed surgery. It took me 2 years to recover from the surgery and the result of the surgery is catastrophic. I no longer can walk long distances or wear regular shoes. I used to be a hiker and now I have a hard time to walk my dogs. Dr. Basile told me at the end: "It is an unsuccessful result" and left the office. As far as I am concerned Dr. Basile is a BUTCHER. I wish I never met him. Every podiatrist I have seen since the surgery (every major hospital in Boston) is astonished by what he did to my foot. My x-ray is and example at major medical schools of unnecessary surgery and the effects it has on a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Basile and his staff are wonderful! It is almost 3 months after my last surgery and less than 1 month before I have my next. I am healing wonderfully and they were all so attentive to my care. My right foot is looking great after my reconstructive surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Basile to anyone with podiatry needs. Everyone, especially him, at his practice are compassionate and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

it has been 4 months since I had my second bunion done with Dr Basile. The first one he performed at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital. The second was done at Mt auburn, where he has switched his practice to, for a number of reasons. First and foremost being for the convenience of his patients. My experience was so wonderful at Mt.Auburn. It began with the parking ease. I drove in, parked next to an elevator and was in the bldg. in no time. The facility is beautiful, clean and modern. You do not feel like a number , as the staff does not have as many patients to deal with. The nurses were friendly, professional and caring. Now for the results of my surgery. The first foot healed beautifully with no complications and looks great minus the bunion. The second bunion was more complex and has taken a bit longer in recovering, but it is looking and feeling good. Dr Basile is a wonderful podiatrist and I feel confident that this second surgery has worked as well as the first. Thank you Dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

I've just completed my second bunion surgery with Dr. Basile and am recovering just as satisfactorily as after the first surgery. At my age, 69, I am thrilled to be able to walk pain free, for pleasure and exercise. He also did surgery on my heel and had to cut my achilles tendon to remove a heel bone spur. That required limiting ankle movement for quite awhile and again, I healed totally and pain free. Its nice to have a doctor that you can trust -he continues to study and attends conferences in his area of expertise. It's been a pleasure to work with him in my healing my feet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957133].votes_count ]]