Rate Dr. Philip Basile

Dr. Philip Basile's Ratings

I started seeing Dr. Basile when he had an office at the Mount Auburn Hospital. (so that goes back a bit-love the new office much better) I had two separate bunion surgeries and some work done on my toes and both surgeries went exactly as explained to me by Dr. Basile. The results were extremely successful and I've never had another problem with my bunion or toes again. Dr. Basile is very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain exactly what he needs to be done and what to expect for recovery time. He was accurate on the timing of everything. I would describe his demeaner as professional and kind; he makes it very easy to ask any questions you might have. His staff is always so pleasant and helpful on each of my experiences. Dr. Basile is the only doctor I would ever trust to go to with any of my feet issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr basile and his staff are AMAZING I had surgery on a bunion and 3 dislocated toes. Dr Basile was incredible he was told me that in 3 weeks I would be on a shoe and I was my foot looks fabulous . I would recommend him and I had to family and friends. I couldn't be happier with him or his staff your the BEST 😊

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2568545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Worst doctor i've ever had in my entire life ! He is the most uncaring unprofessional doctor, definately dose not care about his patients just in it for the money .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr. Basile did surgery on my right foot. At my last post-op visit, Dr. Basile berated me. I guess my comment that "My foot is very, very uncomfortable" wasn't what he wanted to hear. I left the office in tears, and I plan never to return. It remains to be seen if the surgery is successful or not. Dr. Basile did not adequately explain the recovery process. He did not even speak to me after the surgery. I complained to Mount Auburn Hospital patient relations, and I plan to file a complaint with the AMA. I sincerely wish I had gone to another surgeon. Working with him was a horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Basile did unnecessary surgery on my foot. My foot before surgery was fine as far as I was concerned. I had no problems with my foot. I was sent to him by my endocrinologist for a check up. Dr. Basile told me I needed surgery. It took me 2 years to recover from the surgery and the result of the surgery is catastrophic. I no longer can walk long distances or wear regular shoes. I used to be a hiker and now I have a hard time to walk my dogs. Dr. Basile told me at the end: "It is an unsuccessful result" and left the office. As far as I am concerned Dr. Basile is a BUTCHER. I wish I never met him. Every podiatrist I have seen since the surgery (every major hospital in Boston) is astonished by what he did to my foot. My x-ray is and example at major medical schools of unnecessary surgery and the effects it has on a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Basile and his staff are wonderful! It is almost 3 months after my last surgery and less than 1 month before I have my next. I am healing wonderfully and they were all so attentive to my care. My right foot is looking great after my reconstructive surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Basile to anyone with podiatry needs. Everyone, especially him, at his practice are compassionate and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

it has been 4 months since I had my second bunion done with Dr Basile. The first one he performed at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital. The second was done at Mt auburn, where he has switched his practice to, for a number of reasons. First and foremost being for the convenience of his patients. My experience was so wonderful at Mt.Auburn. It began with the parking ease. I drove in, parked next to an elevator and was in the bldg. in no time. The facility is beautiful, clean and modern. You do not feel like a number , as the staff does not have as many patients to deal with. The nurses were friendly, professional and caring. Now for the results of my surgery. The first foot healed beautifully with no complications and looks great minus the bunion. The second bunion was more complex and has taken a bit longer in recovering, but it is looking and feeling good. Dr Basile is a wonderful podiatrist and I feel confident that this second surgery has worked as well as the first. Thank you Dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

I've just completed my second bunion surgery with Dr. Basile and am recovering just as satisfactorily as after the first surgery. At my age, 69, I am thrilled to be able to walk pain free, for pleasure and exercise. He also did surgery on my heel and had to cut my achilles tendon to remove a heel bone spur. That required limiting ankle movement for quite awhile and again, I healed totally and pain free. Its nice to have a doctor that you can trust -he continues to study and attends conferences in his area of expertise. It's been a pleasure to work with him in my healing my feet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Basile didn't even look at my foot and carefully and said there are no bunions on my feet. i was out in 5 mins. I told him it's been painful for a while and cannot walk much. And, I cannot find any shoes that fits me becaus forefeet are getting wider and wider becasue bones are sticking out. He told me it will go away in couple months.... I asked about how long and he said it will take a while. I was so dissapointed my his misdiagnosis. I had no other questions to ask i just left. I didn't feel comfortable talking to him. I would never go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Basille. He’s knowledgeable, thorough and is supported by an excellent team, in the office and at the hospital. I met Dr. B. several yrs ago, when I wasn’t recovery from a fall. He picked up where the ortho left off, addressing the damage and I walked pain free for my 1st trip to EU. He also addressed other foot issues in hopes of avoiding surgery. Two yrs later when my other foot swelled, I immediately made an appt with Dr. B, who remembered me. I needed multiple surgeries, including a bunionectomy. He set me up for a successful surgery and post op by informing me what to expect at each stage of recovery. I had one minor setback, because I walked barefoot too soon, but Dr. B. coached me through my frustration and told me what I could do to get back on track, in time for my 2nd trip to EU! Pain in my right foot (the one I broke 2 ½ ys ago) returned this summer and long story short, I am again electing Dr. B. for my surgery. Thank you Dr. Basille!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957131].votes_count ]]