Rate Dr. Joseph A. Leming

Dr. Joseph A. Leming's Ratings

I went to Dr. Leming when he was in Colonial Heights and the visit the worst I have ever had. I went for one thing and he kept getting off topic. I went to him because he was my mother's doctor and I initally thought he was a good doctor, but I found out different. He wanted to refer me to someone else when he was the one I was coming to for a follow up to a visit with another doctor in his office. The other doctor in his office diagnosed everything and was great, but Dr. Leming seemed to have all this training but could only say oh and I think he did the right thing. He wanted me to come back to see him again, but I refuse to go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2410894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

We went to Dr. Leming for the first time for a sports physical. Our visit turned into a nightmare. My daughter had a black eye due to a soccer ball hitting her. The visit turned from getting a sports physical to a concussion check and some concern for her eye concerning a blowout fracture. The whole visit was very strange. The doctor recommended that we do two CTs: one for the blowout fracture and one for concussion due to her "headache" which she never stated having. We did not physically receive the referrals instead they were to make appointments which I found strange. I called the next morning and left a message on the answer machine that I was going to seek a second opinion. The doctor called back while I was in school to say that he was concerned and would have to call social services if I did not take her to get the procedures done. Social services called me around 2:00 (this is the day after we were at the doctors). Our usual doctor cleared my daughter fully days later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][694061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2014

It is concerning that this doctor is not board certified. Raises a red flag.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][694060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

Personally, I feel that Dr. Leming is way too quick to prescribe meds. He prescribed Lopressor (normally for high blood pressure) for my husband who does not have HBP - he has periodic bouts of anxiety - not actual attacks. He also prescribed a cholesterol med for him when his cholesterol was less than 200 - his bad cholesterol was 1 point high, he never even suggested a nutritional change. I like the other docs in the office. But I feel he likes to dazzle you with "brilliance" and give you meds so you think he is doing something.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][694059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I had been to several doctors in the Colonial Heights area. I was dissappointed that when I asked questions, some doctors sort of talked down to you. However, Dr Leming is FANTASTIC! He really shows respect for you, and he is very considerate. Also, Dr. Lemming is VERY knowledgable. I recommend him to everyone I know and I am glad to come here to give him a good report.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][694058].votes_count ]]