Dr. Alfredo Nova

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/01/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Alfredo Nova has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5590742

01/07/14 1 1 1 1 I would not recommend this Doctor to anybody period. I Went him back in 2007 because I had friboids and he and his nurses and staff was a mess. He was telling me I needed to get pregnant. I ended getting another option and went to Spurgeon McWilliams and he was shocked when I told him Dr nova told me to get pregnant. He eas like you dont want to pregnant with friboids. Why would he tell you that.
RID: 5539609

06/06/14 1 1 1 1 i was in the emergency room with a very large sis he did not help me he left me in the room for 3 days until i check myself out. He was more interested in flirting with the technician in helping me. That was 8 months ago and i'm still in horrible pain he told me surgery was too expensive and i don't have insurance. i could have made payment then he didn't wanna talk about it  Respond

16/02/13 SYSTEM: 3 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2134742

12/05/12 1 1 1 1
RID: 1660228
13/12/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Nova is a great doctor. He accepts all patients. A majority of his patients are on medicaid. Very few MD's in this town accept medicaid. He is polite and has a great bedside manner. He is never rude to his patients. B/c he accepts so many low income patients, his practice is extremely busy. So, sometimes he runs a little behind schedule. Dr. Nova cares, first and foremost, about the well-being of all his patients. The negative comments left on this website about him are unfounded and untrue. Some people are just impossible to please. Dr. Nova is not perfect, but no person is. In addition to accepting pretty much most insurances, he also practices out of both of Tallahassee's hospitals. There is maybe only one or two other MD's that do. This means a woman can choose which hospital to go to for her delivery/procedure. Other MD's you get NO choice; either TMH or CRMC.
RID: 1557117
09/10/11 1 1 2 2 LET ME SAY, HE IS ONE OF THE WORST OB/GYNS. SOME PPL ARE SAYING HES GREAT, WELL READ THIS: I AM IN MY 5TH PREGNANCY. I HAVE ONLY 2 CHILDREN. HE CLAIMED I HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM WITH MY SECOND, AND A MOLAR WITH MY FOURTH SO I HAD A D&E. WELL THIS TIME AROUND I WAS ONLY 5 WEEKS PREGNANT AND INSTEAD OF WAITING TO SEE HE TELLS ME "UNFORTUNATELY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MISCARRIAGE LETS SET U UP FOR A D&C TOMORROW." WELL, NOT WANTING TO SO EARLY, I WENT TO A SECOND OPINION WHERE THE BABY WAS SEEN A WEEK LATER AND THE HEART BEAT. HE WAS MISDIAGNOSING ME BECAUSE OF SCAR TISSUE FROM HEMMORAGING AND BEING STITCHED UP FROM MY FIRST PREGNANCY. (SCAR TISSUE LOOKS LIKE AN ABNORMAL SHAPED SAC.) SO I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HAVE A BABY. GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR. I COULD BE PREGNANT WITH MY 5 LIVE CHILD RIGHT NOW BUT IM NOT. ITS MY 3RD LIVE CHILD. THANK U
RID: 1485429
13/07/11 4 1 3 4 I should start by saying I am writing this from the waiting room for my mothers surgery that she had to be here at 6am for and we were just informed at 8am that,that time has been pushed to 1pm. Now this is understandable, as Dr Nova is qouted "the baby gonna come when the baby wanna come!" (even when no delivery was preformed...)This is the 4th time this total hystorectamy has been scheduled, 3rd time being cancelled at the hospital. Also note this procedure is necessary for horrindous bleeding and reoccuring unturan tumors, This is sooo unprofessional!!! I myself have had only 1 "bad" visit w/Dr Nova, but that was all it took for me. My mother has seen him for a few yrs and is comfortable /him. But this is rediculous!!! I can not express how angry and dissapointed I am, but I will be doing my best to express it to Dr Nova...ONCE THIS IS COMPLETED TODAY-IF!!!
RID: 1450216
26/05/11 1 1 1 2 An email that I sent Dr. Nova Today I had an appointment with you at your office at 9:00 am. I encountered several things that made me feel uneasy. 1. Your consent forms for a circumcision were from another country and very poorly photo copied. 2. I was asked to sign that I had spoken with you about the risks associated with the medical procedure even thought I had not spoken with you. I was asked lie about the fact that you had informed me of the risks with the procedure I was there for you to perform. 3. You were not present. I was on time and you were not. I waited 30 min and then I informed your receptionist that I was leaving and then I left. If these three issues are resolved then I would gladly be your patient, otherwise I will not return. You have my return address. I would greatly appreciate a response to this email. Sincerely,
RID: 1423407
22/04/11 5 4 5 5 for all of thoes that is manking negatine comments needs to stop this is a very good doctor and he does his best so please stop i see you all kids are living unlike some other doctors who dont even take up the time with u jus c you and tell u everything is ok when its really not think b4 u talk negative n look at your self as for docyor nova keep doing what u are doing you have all my blessings {creshia s}
RID: 1325371
02/01/11 5 5 5 5 I cant put in the words to express how good you are.Thank you for being such a good dr. and a good person.I will choose you anytime as my dr.lashonda
RID: 1097058
03/02/10 1 2 5 5 The doctor and staff are great accept a girl named Ashley. She is not a very good receptionist.  Respond
RID: 1062609
22/12/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Nova is an amazing person AND Doctor. We have three children and he was our doctor for the last two. He is honest, trustworthy and will do anything for his patients. He also helped me through a miscarriage with care and support. You might have to wait longer to see him but that is only because he gives everyone of his patients his full attention and goes above and beyond any other doctor I have ever dealt with. Our family loves Dr. Nova!!!
Respond

22/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 623349
24/06/08 3 2 5 5 If it weren't for Dr. Nova I would not be alive today. He has been my doctor since the day I found out I was pregnant (6 wks) til after the birth of my twins. I had major complications (postpartum hemorrhage) and had to get a transfusion. He spent the night at the hospital in case anything went wrong with me. Most days he wasn't on time, but he is definitely worth the wait. He is very knowledgeable and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 400462
10/09/07 1 1 1 1 I was a patient of dr.nova in june. at first he seemed to be nice until he was made aware i was on medicaid. he was never on time and really rude when he did arrive. i felt bad for his nurse at the time. she was knowlegeable and really kind., but yet again he canme in and was really rude to the nurse and the office staff. to be quite frank the only reason i did not transfer my records was because of his nurse. at my last visit , to my surprise his nurse had quit and moved on . i'm really happyfor her and decided to transfer my records. i advise anyone to do an extensive search of dr. nova , because if you are a medicaid patient he will treat you like " CRAP!" thanks but no no thanks
RID: 351710
22/06/07 3 5 5 Dr. Nova is the most personable physician I have ever had. No he was not always on time but he always had time for me. My daughter had complications after he delivery and he was supportive and caring and helped me through the whole ordeal and still checks on her two years later. I would and have recommended him to many of my friends and colleagues.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 275801
12/04/07 3 5 5 Dr.Nova always took his time when seeing me. He made me feel comfortable about asking questions and never made me feel rushed like some doctors do. After I lost my baby(I had an ectopic) he was concerned that my husband and I were doing well emotionally. I feel strongly that he sincerely cares about his patients which is a quality not many doctors have.  Respond
RID: 39097
03/08/06 1 2 2 He is so slow and it takes him for ever to get to the office. When I went, I sat on the table for over 2 hrs while he looked at the news in Italy. He is rude and thinks he is the best thing ever. I hope that no one has to go to him and if you do then you better take a book or better yet a pillow so that you can sleep while you wait. In total I give him a -5million on a 1-10 scale. Also he keeps wanting you to come back..yea right I was already their for 5 hours. My apt was at 9 and I left slightly after 1!!!