Rate Dr. Alfredo Nova

Dr. Alfredo Nova's Ratings

Dr Nova was my daughter's doctor for her first pregnancy. Yes, there was frequently a wait at the office but he was always there for her throughout a rather challenging pregnancy. His bedside manner is really impressive. He is very personally involved with his patients and cares a great deal. I do feel that for his sake he needs a partner or a Nurse Practitioner in his office to offset the wait time and to assist him. He has many patients and he does everything alone. I do not know when he sleeps ! He is very experienced and has an old school way about him. I would recommend him if you want a doctor who cares and is very experienced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Nova accepted me as a patient after I left the office of Hall and Morales. Hall accused me of being anorexic when I began my pregnancy at a healthy weight and gained a total of 31 pounds during the pregnancy. Dr. Nova was very respectful and very kind. I completely recommend him. Please be prepared to wait as his practice is very busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I would not recommend this Doctor to anybody period. I Went him back in 2007 because I had friboids and he and his nurses and staff was a mess. He was telling me I needed to get pregnant. I ended getting another option and went to Spurgeon McWilliams and he was shocked when I told him Dr nova told me to get pregnant. He eas like you dont want to pregnant with friboids. Why would he tell you that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

i was in the emergency room with a very large sis he did not help me he left me in the room for 3 days until i check myself out. He was more interested in flirting with the technician in helping me. That was 8 months ago and i'm still in horrible pain he told me surgery was too expensive and i don't have insurance. i could have made payment then he didn't wanna talk about it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Dr. Nova is a great doctor. He accepts all patients. A majority of his patients are on medicaid. Very few MD's in this town accept medicaid. He is polite and has a great bedside manner. He is never rude to his patients. B/c he accepts so many low income patients, his practice is extremely busy. So, sometimes he runs a little behind schedule. Dr. Nova cares, first and foremost, about the well-being of all his patients. The negative comments left on this website about him are unfounded and untrue. Some people are just impossible to please. Dr. Nova is not perfect, but no person is. In addition to accepting pretty much most insurances, he also practices out of both of Tallahassee's hospitals. There is maybe only one or two other MD's that do. This means a woman can choose which hospital to go to for her delivery/procedure. Other MD's you get NO choice; either TMH or CRMC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

LET ME SAY, HE IS ONE OF THE WORST OB/GYNS. SOME PPL ARE SAYING HES GREAT, WELL READ THIS: I AM IN MY 5TH PREGNANCY. I HAVE ONLY 2 CHILDREN. HE CLAIMED I HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM WITH MY SECOND, AND A MOLAR WITH MY FOURTH SO I HAD A D&E. WELL THIS TIME AROUND I WAS ONLY 5 WEEKS PREGNANT AND INSTEAD OF WAITING TO SEE HE TELLS ME "UNFORTUNATELY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MISCARRIAGE LETS SET U UP FOR A D&C TOMORROW." WELL, NOT WANTING TO SO EARLY, I WENT TO A SECOND OPINION WHERE THE BABY WAS SEEN A WEEK LATER AND THE HEART BEAT. HE WAS MISDIAGNOSING ME BECAUSE OF SCAR TISSUE FROM HEMMORAGING AND BEING STITCHED UP FROM MY FIRST PREGNANCY. (SCAR TISSUE LOOKS LIKE AN ABNORMAL SHAPED SAC.) SO I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HAVE A BABY. GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR. I COULD BE PREGNANT WITH MY 5 LIVE CHILD RIGHT NOW BUT IM NOT. ITS MY 3RD LIVE CHILD. THANK U

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2011

I should start by saying I am writing this from the waiting room for my mothers surgery that she had to be here at 6am for and we were just informed at 8am that,that time has been pushed to 1pm. Now this is understandable, as Dr Nova is qouted "the baby gonna come when the baby wanna come!" (even when no delivery was preformed...)This is the 4th time this total hystorectamy has been scheduled, 3rd time being cancelled at the hospital. Also note this procedure is necessary for horrindous bleeding and reoccuring unturan tumors, This is sooo unprofessional!!! I myself have had only 1 "bad" visit w/Dr Nova, but that was all it took for me. My mother has seen him for a few yrs and is comfortable /him. But this is rediculous!!! I can not express how angry and dissapointed I am, but I will be doing my best to express it to Dr Nova...ONCE THIS IS COMPLETED TODAY-IF!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

An email that I sent Dr. Nova Today I had an appointment with you at your office at 9:00 am. I encountered several things that made me feel uneasy. 1. Your consent forms for a circumcision were from another country and very poorly photo copied. 2. I was asked to sign that I had spoken with you about the risks associated with the medical procedure even thought I had not spoken with you. I was asked lie about the fact that you had informed me of the risks with the procedure I was there for you to perform. 3. You were not present. I was on time and you were not. I waited 30 min and then I informed your receptionist that I was leaving and then I left. If these three issues are resolved then I would gladly be your patient, otherwise I will not return. You have my return address. I would greatly appreciate a response to this email. Sincerely,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

for all of thoes that is manking negatine comments needs to stop this is a very good doctor and he does his best so please stop i see you all kids are living unlike some other doctors who dont even take up the time with u jus c you and tell u everything is ok when its really not think b4 u talk negative n look at your self as for docyor nova keep doing what u are doing you have all my blessings {creshia s}

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1957861].votes_count ]]