Rate Dr. Rustom Guzder

Dr. Rustom Guzder's Ratings

After the visit I did all my research and decided that I would do best to not have surgery or radiation and could not find any where about this bone loss. My next visit he pressed me again to have surgery or radiation, I said to him that I was not interested and that I was not able to find any info stating bone loss from Tapazol, where he said "oh no thats not a side effect" what??????
Then he prescribed me the max dose of Tapazol that a person can have. I questioned him as I had been on this drug for many many years. After
a few months on this dose, and my face swelling up severely, I had self medicated my self back to my reg dose. Then he called as we were at phone visits and did not even have
written down what dose of medication he had me on. I brushed it off until the next phone conversation he did it again?. Like why was he not
keeping notes. Since losing all confidence in his judgments I made all my own dosage adjustments after the blood tests.
Good luck if you have to see him, make sure you take close watch of your own meds.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

It's been awhile since my appointment. I wasn't going to rate him. But the whole appointment bothered me. As a woman with pcos, I have seen numerous doctors, numerous specialists. Not one of those doctors upset me the way this doctor did. I arrived for my 8:30am appointment at 8:20am. There was no other patients. I finally got in at 8:55am. I walk into his office and he has a medical student in there. Normally this wouldn't bother me. But sometimes speaking about things can be somewhat awkward and uncomfortable. I wish I was given the option because I would have chosen to have the young beautiful medical student not be there. There's nothing like sitting there being told "well lose weight" (oh really? Like that's not obvious but it is much more difficult for pcos women). I felt like I was being judged by both the doctor and the student. As if I was lazy and stupid. I waited 6 months for this doctor and it was a waste of my time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2639751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Bad experience 3 docters in the room only 2 introduce themselves they kept leaving to another room to discuss symptoms without me. Questions were reapeated too many times over. I was told pop or sugar wouldn't make you feel better with low blood sugar even though I seen a diabetes councillor she told me to drink pop or hard candies and lots of protein. I haven't been diagnosed yet but have readings of 2to4mml no further tests or help was offered for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Definitely a great doctor! Very helpful with every question I had for him, goes above and beyond trying to find a fix for my disease! Great doctor, I am happy to have been recommended to him by my own doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

He got me off a terrifically high dose of Cortef. However he does not believe in supplement dosing which scares me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Very very happy with Dr Guzder :) Very accomodating when it comes to seeing me as I travel from over 4 hours away for appts. He even shares an office with my OBGYN so they do a fabulous job of corresponding and rarely have I had to make separate trips. I am a high risk pregnancy patient ATM and when I am unable to make it to Nanaimo, the office staff and him are 1000% promt to view my info via email and provide me with necessary changes. YAY!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr Guzdar is the gold standard for a physician. He is obviously highly competent, but it is his willingness to listen, to engage in a dialogue, to make every attempt to help you understand an issue, and to accomplish all of this in an extremely caring and thoughtful manner that sets him apart. At no point do you ever feel you are being rushed or that he is anxious to move on to his next patient - you have his undivided attention during a consultation. He is extremely thorough and you leave knowing that you really have received the best of care. Any delay in appointment time is obviously a result of how conscientious he has been with preceding patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Best experience I have had with a Dr. Dr Guzder is not only friendly and approachable but he treats me with dignity and respect. He has referred me to other specialists and added medication that my GP never bothered to care about. I wish I could have Dr Guzder as my GP because I feel well cared for and confident in his knowledge. He not only is a specialist in his field he has repeatedly picked up the slack that my GP has skipped over. Can not say enough about the quality of care he provides.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Dr. Guzder is a very patient, very knowledgeable doctor. He did not rush the appointment and asked a lot of questions. He made sure I understood what he wanted to do. He gave me a chance to talk about my condition. I feel I am in good hands with Dr. Guzder and that I can see him if I have any problems between appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2013

Dr. Guzder was most knowledgeable- he explained the situation thoroughly. took his time evaluating test results and explained any necessary changes as blood work indicated.He is courteous and very kindly. Punctuality is not a big deal in the great scheme. He is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152682].votes_count ]]