Rate Dr. Ronald Werb

Dr. Ronald Werb's Ratings

Dr. Werb is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I started having kidney problems a few years ago and when I was in hospital he followed me rather than a rotating staff of residents. I've had a series of other health problems and whenever I've felt helpless from other doctors he has always been reliable to help me with my other issues, even outside of nephrology. He is frank when he speaks but he is the most compassionate, honest doctor I have ever had, and when he doesn't know the answer to something he will go and consult with other doctors to help me to the best of his ability. Wish I could give him a higher review.

Also his receptionist Calista is very kind and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

several days after perfect renal transplant surgery, probably due to mismanagement of the urinary catheter, my wife developed severe b-coli sepsis and unbearable muscle pain, and we run to ER at SPH. on call dr werb was supposed to wait there, but in spite of several phone calls from the intern ( they always put there intern, to have an cover themselves) he came 1 hr and 20 minutes later, when she already recovered, typical for septic spike. he sent her home ! next day we came for a rejection treatment(incorrect diagnosis) and when this was started, she fell into a septic shock and respiratory failure. ICU director refuse to transfer her and along with dr werb, responsible for her as a transplant doctor on call, and other two doctors, simply all went home (around 5pm) and she was left possibly to die.she survived the night, was intubated in the morning when already all her lungs were fatally infiltrated. luckily survived, with damaged new kidney, donated by our daughter.14 years ago. simply luck, in spite of the "treatment".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][153434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

Dr. Werb is a great nephrologist and kind human being. He is open minded, caring, and hard working. I couldn't say enough good things about him. He diagnosed my FSGS with a kidney biopsy and got me started on treatment right away. His treatment has been highly effective!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

Dr. Werb ,Is a wonderful helpful Doctor he has helped me feel better mentally physically and my spirit seems be smiling when the appointment was over . I wish he was a GP here in Powell River . I love him :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

The best doctor in Vancouver. My kidneys are depending on him and he is doing a fantastic job. He is punctual, polite, calm, understanding, reassuring, professional......and just simply perfect. I would recommend him to anyone who's looking for a kidney specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr Werb is the best! I love him:) super nice guy. I saved my kidneys. What more do I need to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

I have to say Dr Werb is indeed a wonderful Dr....with that i say he was my dr for many many years and was indeed good. Then that all changed and he did very little to give and see to a very serious health issue. I have been on dialysis for so long and he never even bothered to see to me and what was happenig to me. He is a wonderful dr but he failed me in the end. I heard he retired probably it was time for him anyway.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][153429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Great doctor. Knowledgable and willing to discuss things thoroughly. Has a very calm, reassuring tone even when results aren't great. Has a great sense of humour once you get to know him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2011

Dr Werb IS man's best friend! His approach to not only the patient but the anxious family of the patient is comforting, assuring beyond words. His knowledge profound. His presence comforting. His approachabilty exceptional. Without him and his expertise we would not have had the last few years with our husband and father. Would that he could be the Physician of ALL Maladies - available to all patients. He is a man highly regarded and justifiably so. Thank you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2011

Amazing Doctor, so caring and knowledgeable. He was so willing to do everything possible to make my very ill husband comfortable. More doctors could take a lesson from Dr. Werb on bedside manner. Our family felt very confident that with Dr. Werb on Ahmad's case, he would receive the utmost care possible. Unfortunately we only received the privy of his care for two weeks, that is how the system works at St. Paul's Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153426].votes_count ]]