Dr. Joseph Coffey

Rate Dr. Joseph Coffey

Dr. Joseph Coffey's Ratings

This is one mean insensitive Dr.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Joseph Coffey is a great doctor

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

I had such a terrible experience with this Dr. I came to my appointment prepared to answer questions and had a list of questions to ask about acne and moles/spots. I even brought all of my skin care products for him to look at. I spent 10 minutes with his LPN who asked me 2 questions. Then when he came into the office he literally sat down 3 feet away from me, looked at me for 2 seconds and said "You have rosacea and hormonal acne. I'll give you a prescription for cream and a pill and get some blood work to check your hormones." He didn't ask me any questions, didn't ask me my history or what products I use or what my skin care routine was. He didn't even tell me what he was prescribing. I had to ask what they were and what the side effects were. The "pill" he prescribed for me was an antibiotic that causes birth defects and told me to take a pregnancy test every month to catch it early so I can stop the antibiotics. After riddling off some statistics about adult acne and instructions for my bloodwork, he didn't give me a chance to ask any questions, stood up and started walking toward the door as I asked a question about a spot on my leg. He quickly glanced at it from the door and said not to worry about it then opened the door to leave. I quickly said, "could you look at some moles on my back?" and he opened the door and said "I'm not legally or medically allowed to look at anything but your acne. You need a referral for me to look at a mole. I shouldn't have even answered your question about the spot on your leg, but I did out of courtesy". Ok, fine. But he should have told me that from the beginning instead of making me feel like I'm 2 inches tall. After he left, his LPN went through a couple of pamphlets about rosacea and told me to follow up in 6 months. Dr Coffey saw me for only 10 minutes after waiting 2 months to see him. Like others have said previously, I felt like this appointment was a money grap and my acne didn't matter. I know it's not a serious condition like cancer or flesh eating disease, but my acne still affects my life and I think every patient deserves to be treated like they matter and are worth the Drs time. I immediately got my GP to get me a referral for a second opinion with another Derm.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

he is very, nice, kind, has good bedside manner. his staff is very friendly and polite. he helped me with my eczema. i recommend him to anyone :) <3

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

This was the most expeditious, timely medical appointment I have ever had in my life: from intro to interview, from explanation to treatment and out the door in 25 minutes.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

Amazing Doctor!!! Finally a Dr that knows how to treat acne and cares. Highly Recommend. Staff was excellent.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2014 | flag

I went to see Dr. Coffey for my psoriasis. He was very knowledgeable about the condition and prescribed me something that actually works! His staff was awesome...so friendly and treated me like a friend instead of just another patient. The doc himself was amazing! He introduced himself as Joe. He told me all about the medication I was using to treat my psoriasis and why it wasn't working. He prescribed me some new ointment and told me that if I needed to, I could come back and see him anytime. Overall I had an excellent experience!

Submitted Oct. 5, 2013 | flag

Amazing staff, amazing Doctor. Don't know what we would have done for my son without it. Severe eczema condition and the doctors here in NL were of no help other then causing more damage, but with the help of my family nurse getting in contact with the staff, my son had the treatment he needed and was fully on the mend in a matter of days. Living Labrador I recommend this doctor all the time, most willing to travel down to SJs to have top notch treatment for my child. We haven't had any issues with the office they are beyond accommodating. As for people saying there is a long wait list, its like that everywhere for any health care...at least here you get amazing service and support.

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

The Dr. is nice enough. There is a long wait for an appointment. The doctor advised that I should be in contact if I had any issues or questions. Too bad it is impossible to get an appointment to see him for months. I was not contacted with test results. I had to call repeatedly to get my results. After getting my results over the phone, I am waiting again for a month for my appointment before I can receive treatment for my condition.

Submitted April 29, 2013 | flag