Rate Dr. Joseph Coffey

Dr. Joseph Coffey's Ratings

I was a new patient having just been referred by my family doctor. I thought my appointment was at 10:55am but when my mom called to double check, it turns out it was actually at 9:55am. I managed to get there only 20 minutes late when I was turned away by the WENCH of a receptionist. She said the earliest I could get in again was over 2 months from now even though I told her I don't attend school in the province and that I'm leaving after Christmas. Meanwhile, the waiting room was empty so it's not like they could have fit someone in instead of me. You'd think they would give new patients some wiggle room regarding appointment times especially since I told her the message left on our phone said 10:55am. I told her I wouldn't be returning and that I'd find another dermatologist. Does it make her feel good to be so rude to people? I don't think any doctor in town can afford to be driving new patients away like this. What a complete power trip. I would recommend that anyone looking for a dermatologist to stay clear of this office. Just like one of the other reviews said, where's the compassion?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

It seems this office values punctuality. They reminded me by phone of the importance of being on time and the reviews below suggest the same. This office is tricky to find so if it's your first time leave early! I did and was greeted by friendly staff. Dr. Coffey was very kind and thorough and I was pleased with the visit. I saw him as a referral following surgery for melanoma. He was very concerned, checked my skin and lymph nodes thoroughly and offered helpful advice and knowledge around treatment planning. The nurse was lovely and supportive. I am so glad I was referred to a doctor who takes melanoma seriously and did not rush through the appointment. Answered my questions thoroughly and without hesitation. If you are a melanoma patient, you need to see this doctor. Thank you Dr. Coffey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr. Coffey seemed like a great dermatologist when I saw him first. All his prescriptions were very effective for my eczema, but upon reviewing the side effects and feeling them first hand I can say that it felt like he was just prescribing things to deal with the issue short term. The staff were not kind the several dealings I'd had with them. Disappointed with the service I've received here as I'm looking for a cure to my problem, not a quick fix for a couple monthes that will have detrimental effects over time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Coffey and staff provided excellent service during my appointment -- some of the best I've ever had in a doctor's office. They were on time, polite, and made me feel so comfortable. Everyone was professional but funny and kind at the same time. I especially liked the nurse, she was great! Thanks Dr. Coffey and staff for the pleasant appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

not a good experience. didnt seem to care about my problem. wouldnt even look at my neck and back, just assumed what it was. spent about 4 minutes with me, game me a cream and antibiotic for 3 months. now i have to travel 8 hours each way to get another appointment because his treatment didnt help. wondering if i should even go back to him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This Physician is amazing.
Knows his stuff cold!
I am surprised at some of the negative comments below.
If you're late for the plane in Gander by 5 minutes, guess what - they will not hold the plane for you.
Also, when we are referred to a specialist, we are referred for a specific reason. It's not a free for all - have your own personal dermatologist for the day.
Most clinics have a 1 visit, 1 issue policy.
I thinkyou should factor this into your opinion!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr Coffey was amazing. The issue I have been experiencing and being investigated for many years was finally resolved in minutes by him. I can't thank him enough. I recommend him for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I found him to be very personable, patient and has treated me and both my kids for skin issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Has helped a great deal with resolving my skin issues while trying to get pregnant. His staff is excellent and understands that we are from out of town so they try to accommodate us the best they can.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Everything poor about this Dr except punctuality, I was 1 minute late for my appointment and was rebooked for 6 weeks later. I explained that I was from out of town but he didn't seem to care. The secretary said he wouldn't see me. Some compassion coming from a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512005].votes_count ]]