You may also like

Rate Dr. Joseph Coffey

Dr. Joseph Coffey's Ratings

I have been going to DR. Coffey for a number of years now. I found him to always be up front with my issues, caring & concerned about what to do to avoid reccurance of my Melanoma. I travel across the island to see him twice a year and know I am going to be seen and get a complete screening by a Dr. who cares about my well being. He takes the time to explain the seriousness of my condition and make sure I understand that I need to take precautions with the sun and he's not joking. I'm glad he has a no late policy. I go there and I'm in and out very close to my appointed time. Will continue to see him on a regular basis. great Doctor...5 stars across the board.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I saw Dr. Coffey for the first time today and he was excellent. The staff were very friendly, yet very professional. The office was very clean. The nurse was very helpful and took her time to explain things to me. When I saw Dr. Coffey, he was very thorough and didn't rush. Both he and the nurse took time to answer my questions thoroughly. I was extremely satisfied with my experience and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

My daughter has been seeing Dr Coffey for just over a year ! The staff and service has been amazing !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

On time, nursing assessment was thorough and intelligent. I appreciated that she gave me the knowledge to have a detailed discussion with the doctor. Dr. Coffee was very personable, friendly and practical. As for the comments below related to punctuality, just be punctual. I don't want to wait because someone else didn't get there on time, and if I'm late then I'll take responsibility and the consequences. However I do think that point should be made very clear up front so everyone knows the rules. First time in years that I've ever seen a doctor at the time scheduled, and I liked it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Coffey ever since I was 16. He is very kind and compassionate and is always making sure I know what is going on and that I'm doing good. Nurses are also very kind and have patience to explain all your questions. Dr.Coffey is extremely knowledgeable and personable and I am very happy he is my dermatologist. Overall an excellent office with amazing staff and would highly recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

0 Compassion for people. I'd rather see a robot. . Rude staff and redicilous policies for being late. Anyone should be given 5 mins grace based on the driving conditions and traffic in this city. This guy would walk over you if you were dying in the street and needed help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I was a new patient having just been referred by my family doctor. I thought my appointment was at 10:55am but when my mom called to double check, it turns out it was actually at 9:55am. I managed to get there only 20 minutes late when I was turned away by the WENCH of a receptionist. She said the earliest I could get in again was over 2 months from now even though I told her I don't attend school in the province and that I'm leaving after Christmas. Meanwhile, the waiting room was empty so it's not like they could have fit someone in instead of me. You'd think they would give new patients some wiggle room regarding appointment times especially since I told her the message left on our phone said 10:55am. I told her I wouldn't be returning and that I'd find another dermatologist. Does it make her feel good to be so rude to people? I don't think any doctor in town can afford to be driving new patients away like this. What a complete power trip. I would recommend that anyone looking for a dermatologist to stay clear of this office. Just like one of the other reviews said, where's the compassion?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2653552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

It seems this office values punctuality. They reminded me by phone of the importance of being on time and the reviews below suggest the same. This office is tricky to find so if it's your first time leave early! I did and was greeted by friendly staff. Dr. Coffey was very kind and thorough and I was pleased with the visit. I saw him as a referral following surgery for melanoma. He was very concerned, checked my skin and lymph nodes thoroughly and offered helpful advice and knowledge around treatment planning. The nurse was lovely and supportive. I am so glad I was referred to a doctor who takes melanoma seriously and did not rush through the appointment. Answered my questions thoroughly and without hesitation. If you are a melanoma patient, you need to see this doctor. Thank you Dr. Coffey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr. Coffey seemed like a great dermatologist when I saw him first. All his prescriptions were very effective for my eczema, but upon reviewing the side effects and feeling them first hand I can say that it felt like he was just prescribing things to deal with the issue short term. The staff were not kind the several dealings I'd had with them. Disappointed with the service I've received here as I'm looking for a cure to my problem, not a quick fix for a couple monthes that will have detrimental effects over time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Coffey and staff provided excellent service during my appointment -- some of the best I've ever had in a doctor's office. They were on time, polite, and made me feel so comfortable. Everyone was professional but funny and kind at the same time. I especially liked the nurse, she was great! Thanks Dr. Coffey and staff for the pleasant appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626624].votes_count ]]