Rate Dr. Joseph Coffey

Dr. Joseph Coffey's Ratings

Dr. Coffey and staff provided excellent service during my appointment -- some of the best I've ever had in a doctor's office. They were on time, polite, and made me feel so comfortable. Everyone was professional but funny and kind at the same time. I especially liked the nurse, she was great! Thanks Dr. Coffey and staff for the pleasant appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

not a good experience. didnt seem to care about my problem. wouldnt even look at my neck and back, just assumed what it was. spent about 4 minutes with me, game me a cream and antibiotic for 3 months. now i have to travel 8 hours each way to get another appointment because his treatment didnt help. wondering if i should even go back to him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This Physician is amazing.
Knows his stuff cold!
I am surprised at some of the negative comments below.
If you're late for the plane in Gander by 5 minutes, guess what - they will not hold the plane for you.
Also, when we are referred to a specialist, we are referred for a specific reason. It's not a free for all - have your own personal dermatologist for the day.
Most clinics have a 1 visit, 1 issue policy.
I thinkyou should factor this into your opinion!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr Coffey was amazing. The issue I have been experiencing and being investigated for many years was finally resolved in minutes by him. I can't thank him enough. I recommend him for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I found him to be very personable, patient and has treated me and both my kids for skin issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Has helped a great deal with resolving my skin issues while trying to get pregnant. His staff is excellent and understands that we are from out of town so they try to accommodate us the best they can.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Everything poor about this Dr except punctuality, I was 1 minute late for my appointment and was rebooked for 6 weeks later. I explained that I was from out of town but he didn't seem to care. The secretary said he wouldn't see me. Some compassion coming from a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

This is one mean insensitive Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2500135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Dr. Joseph Coffey is a great doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I had such a terrible experience with this Dr. I came to my appointment prepared to answer questions and had a list of questions to ask about acne and moles/spots. I even brought all of my skin care products for him to look at. I spent 10 minutes with his LPN who asked me 2 questions. Then when he came into the office he literally sat down 3 feet away from me, looked at me for 2 seconds and said "You have rosacea and hormonal acne. I'll give you a prescription for cream and a pill and get some blood work to check your hormones." He didn't ask me any questions, didn't ask me my history or what products I use or what my skin care routine was. He didn't even tell me what he was prescribing. I had to ask what they were and what the side effects were. The "pill" he prescribed for me was an antibiotic that causes birth defects and told me to take a pregnancy test every month to catch it early so I can stop the antibiotics. After riddling off some statistics about adult acne and instructions for my bloodwork, he didn't give me a chance to ask any questions, stood up and started walking toward the door as I asked a question about a spot on my leg. He quickly glanced at it from the door and said not to worry about it then opened the door to leave. I quickly said, "could you look at some moles on my back?" and he opened the door and said "I'm not legally or medically allowed to look at anything but your acne. You need a referral for me to look at a mole. I shouldn't have even answered your question about the spot on your leg, but I did out of courtesy". Ok, fine. But he should have told me that from the beginning instead of making me feel like I'm 2 inches tall. After he left, his LPN went through a couple of pamphlets about rosacea and told me to follow up in 6 months. Dr Coffey saw me for only 10 minutes after waiting 2 months to see him. Like others have said previously, I felt like this appointment was a money grap and my acne didn't matter. I know it's not a serious condition like cancer or flesh eating disease, but my acne still affects my life and I think every patient deserves to be treated like they matter and are worth the Drs time. I immediately got my GP to get me a referral for a second opinion with another Derm.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2497679].votes_count ]]