Rate Dr. Denise Man

Dr. Denise Man's Ratings

Dr Denise Man is very helpful, friendly, down to earth doctor. She made sure you are taken care of. One incident was in regards to my mom. My mom went in for her check up after she has fallen in the bathroom. She got mom in for x-ray, and when she found out what was wrong with her, she immediately processed the paperwork so she could be admitted to VGH as soon as possible. As for the receptionist in the office.... HORRIBLE, RUDE...etc.etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Dr. Man is very accessible and helpful. She takes the time to talk things through and answer questions and is not in a rush to shoo you out the door like some other doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

Dr. Man's great...on time, quick diagnosis. Relatively accurate. The reception staff could be a little friendlier but Dr. Man's bedside manners makes up for it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

Dr. Man is very friendly, down to earth, and explains all my results to me line by line. She also takes the time to answer questions in detail and does not feel like just rushing you in and out. I've had other GPs before and she is by far the MOST punctual one (sometimes even takes me in earlier) - max I've had to wait is 10 minutes from my scheduled appintment time. This is a very busy office with many GPs all packed in one, so don't expect friendly receptionists or an empty chair in the waiting room. The location is also very convenient (Oakridge Centre) and there are labs and many other services on the same floor. Last I heard, she's not taking any new patients though...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2013

She is a terrible doctor. The info she gave me was all wrong. I looked up where she studied for med school and it was in the Carribeans. You go to those places when no other school will accept you. I will never see her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Dr. Man is the best and the most helpful doctor that i have ever had. She is friendly get gets right to the point. Very knowledgeable and seems to really care about her patients. She puts you at ease and assures you with the most appropriate answers and solutions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Dr. Denise Man is a very friendly doctor. She replaced my previous Dr. who had disappeared. She would give me tests and referrals if I asked for them. Only problems are the receiptionists. They are very rude and not at all friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

I was seeing a total quack who did nothing for me, then I changed to Dr Man in 2010 and she's been fantastic. Gave me referrals when I needed them, very informative and knowledgeable and willing to talk things out when needed. An excellent dr that I would (and have) recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

My first appointment with Dr. Man was very good. She was on time (which is a hard trait to find in family doctors sadly) and was very friendly off the bat. I have a lot of issues that need to be sorted out and she is already completely on top of them. As this is only my first appointment i definitely can't guarantee how great of a doctor she is. But she puts you at ease, doesn't make you feel uncomfortable at all. And so far seems to make any issue you are concerned with a top priority. So far i am very happy with having the chance to have a doctor like her, i have been meeting with new GP's for a while, and have been thoroughly disappointed during the first five minutes of my visit. So its refreshing to have someone treat you like a person they actually want to see, as opposed to the other option that i see much more often.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Friendly but clueless Doctor. Horrible Receptionist!! Here is my unbiased and fair review. I had 3 consultations with Dr Denise Man (it should be 4 but please read on). Average wait time for her is anywhere from 5-15 minutes. She's a really friendly doctor with a warm smile and generally seems like she cares about you as her patient. Where she drops the ball is her in ability to correctly diagnose illness. 2 times in our consultation she would leave the room half way through to go back to her office to "search and read up on the illness" and return with an answer. On my 4th and final visit. I was scheduled the the last appointment at 12:50 on a thursday. Due to traffic I was late 10 minutes and when I had arrived the receptionist informed me that the Dr Man had left for the day. I was shocked, appalled and was not offered an alternate doctor and even yelled at by the staff for being late ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL NEVER RETURN TO SEE DR MAN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154044].votes_count ]]