Rate Dr. John O'Mahony

Dr. John O'Mahony's Ratings

Very unprofessional. They were taking new patients, so I filled out a registration form. The staff was rude and not at all helpful, and told me I would have to wait a week to get a callback on whether or not I was "accepted" (I didn't realize healthcare was an elite club or popularity contest all of the sudden, I always assumed the health of all people was important and that they took an oath to help all people, regardless of status/circumstance). I filled out the form and they asked if I had a current doctor, and I told them no (as I just left my previous doctor) but mentioned who my previous doctor was. I explained that I was very unhappy with my previous doctor because of his lack of knowledge, unprofessionalism and the fact that he only gives out drugs and doesn't care about anything else. First of all, why is it their business why I left my previous doctor? Don't we all have the right to healthcare in this country? Long story short - I was discriminated against because I left my previous doctor (who he knows well) and had no doctor to go to. Not only did they not call back in a week, they just never called back at all. I left them several messages asking about the status of my application, with no response. Almost every single time I called, no one answered the phone or it was busy, so I had to keep on trying. When I did finally reach a rude staff member, she told me I hadn't been accepted. I asked why and she attempted to divert the question, answering vaguely, "Dr. O'Mahony will not be accepting you at this time." I told them it was ridiculous and bias (because I obviously knew why I had been declined - because of his personal relationships with the other doctor), and I asked her if this was their standard practice to just ignore applicants, not even having the courtesy to let them know they haven't been accepted, when they wait over a week for a call-back. She responded some snappy comment, and I said thanks for nothing.

Awful - I would never recommend anyone to go to this doctor. Clearly unprofessional, rude and discriminatory. Not able to separate personal emotions from business and the health of his (potential) patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576601].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Awsome! Very happy with Doctor John and bless him for delivering my sons safely. 5 stars for the attention we receive EVERY time we see John!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. John O'Mahony is dedicated, hard working and thorough. He is without doubt the finest family physician that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Dr. O'Mahony's kind, gentle, understanding and engaging manner make seeing the doctor seem more like talking to a knowledgeable friend than going somewhere you would rather not be. Dr. O'Mahony engages his patients, involves them in meaningful discussion pertaining to their problems and comes up with correct tests, diagnoses referrals and treatments. He has been physician to both myself and my 88 year old mother for over a year now and this man impresses me more and more each time I see him, whether it be for a growth on my toe, a checkup or remembering that he visited my mother on just about every day for two weeks when she was hospitalized.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Amazed at how caring this doctor is, he genuinely cares about his patients and his practice. I had to go to a walk in where there was an extremely incompetent doctor on staff, he made me feel like a complete idiot for coming in for actual health issues and made me bawl my eyes out. Doctor O'Mahony actually listened and ordered the proper tests and medication needed. I have only had great experiences with this doctor and will be referring friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

I thought I would try this new dr as I had gone to his father for years. I was disappointed when someone named Melissa told me that she misplaced my referral. I later found out that was his wife. Not a great start. I went for my last appointment only to be told again by Melissa it would be a two hour wait. I am all for family practice but maybe get a qualified receptionist to help so these issues dissipate. I have switched doctors and saw my specialist in a month. It's not the dr. its his incompetent staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][154430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2013

Dr. John O'Mahony is an excellent Doctor. I have been so pleased with his care. He genuinely seems to care about his patients. He listens and addresses concerns thoroughly. His nurse is excellent! I do appreciate the emergency spots they hold every day for the patients who need to be seen. When I was sick with pneumonia I was able to get in that day in one of those spots. I am very happy with the care I receive from Dr. O'Mahony and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2013

I commented here after I started seeing Dr. John O'Mahony almost a year ago! My husband raved about him until I finally made an appointment. We BOTH RAVE about him now! Since I have been with Dr. O'Mahony ALL of my health issues have been addressed!!! Blood tests, MRI's, Specialists etc. He's never given up on me & takes me seriously. He's thoughtful, caring, and listens to me! If he isn't sure what the problem is, he refers me to a specialist. After YEARS being wasted with my prior MD who fluffed me off, I can honestly say that Dr. John IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR! He even called me at home to make sure that I was alright after I ended up in the hospital over the weekend! Now honestly, who does that anymore? That is old school, and quite an impressive personal touch in my books! I LOVE that there is a time held each morning between 11am-11:45 if you need to see him that day! A Great idea! His Staff are just lovely also! Our family has nothing but the best to say about Dr. O'Mahony :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

I had my first appointment with Dr O'Mahony a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed with him and his staff. I recently moved to Sarnia and my family and I had been with the same doctor for may years and finding a new one was always a big concern for me. He was great with my kids and both him an his staff made the first appointment very comfortable. It seems like they all have a great time working together while keeping it professional. The wait time for the appointment was a little long, but he makes up for it with the amount of time he spends with you to answer all your questions. Thank you Dr O'Mahony and staff for making the move to Sarnia a great experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I find Dr J Omahony staff incompetent. After numerous calls to see about referrals , I had to call the referral Dr myself to get an appointment . First time it took over 6 mths for the referral and then me having to go back and ask why I hadnt heard anything yet. This has happened a number of times. I am happy to see some patience get promp and proper care. I am getting very discouraged and am thinking of moving on . I don't feel I am taken seriously and I do have a couple of serious health issues that need to be looked after on a regular bases.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][154434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

I am a new patient of Dr. O'Mahony and I was very pleased with how friendly and helpful the staff and Doctor was. Doctor O'Mahony listened to not one but all of my issues and concerns without making me feel rushed or that I was a bother. He was very eager to help and I feel he has a true passion for what he does. I absolutely recommend him to those looking for a new doctor, you will not be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][154426].votes_count ]]