Rate Dr. John O'Mahony

Dr. John O'Mahony's Ratings

Dr. John O'Mahony is dedicated, hard working and thorough. He is without doubt the finest family physician that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Dr. O'Mahony's kind, gentle, understanding and engaging manner make seeing the doctor seem more like talking to a knowledgeable friend than going somewhere you would rather not be. Dr. O'Mahony engages his patients, involves them in meaningful discussion pertaining to their problems and comes up with correct tests, diagnoses referrals and treatments. He has been physician to both myself and my 88 year old mother for over a year now and this man impresses me more and more each time I see him, whether it be for a growth on my toe, a checkup or remembering that he visited my mother on just about every day for two weeks when she was hospitalized.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

Amazed at how caring this doctor is, he genuinely cares about his patients and his practice. I had to go to a walk in where there was an extremely incompetent doctor on staff, he made me feel like a complete idiot for coming in for actual health issues and made me bawl my eyes out. Doctor O'Mahony actually listened and ordered the proper tests and medication needed. I have only had great experiences with this doctor and will be referring friends and family.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

I thought I would try this new dr as I had gone to his father for years. I was disappointed when someone named Melissa told me that she misplaced my referral. I later found out that was his wife. Not a great start. I went for my last appointment only to be told again by Melissa it would be a two hour wait. I am all for family practice but maybe get a qualified receptionist to help so these issues dissipate. I have switched doctors and saw my specialist in a month. It's not the dr. its his incompetent staff.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. John O'Mahony is an excellent Doctor. I have been so pleased with his care. He genuinely seems to care about his patients. He listens and addresses concerns thoroughly. His nurse is excellent! I do appreciate the emergency spots they hold every day for the patients who need to be seen. When I was sick with pneumonia I was able to get in that day in one of those spots. I am very happy with the care I receive from Dr. O'Mahony and his team.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

I commented here after I started seeing Dr. John O'Mahony almost a year ago! My husband raved about him until I finally made an appointment. We BOTH RAVE about him now! Since I have been with Dr. O'Mahony ALL of my health issues have been addressed!!! Blood tests, MRI's, Specialists etc. He's never given up on me & takes me seriously. He's thoughtful, caring, and listens to me! If he isn't sure what the problem is, he refers me to a specialist. After YEARS being wasted with my prior MD who fluffed me off, I can honestly say that Dr. John IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR! He even called me at home to make sure that I was alright after I ended up in the hospital over the weekend! Now honestly, who does that anymore? That is old school, and quite an impressive personal touch in my books! I LOVE that there is a time held each morning between 11am-11:45 if you need to see him that day! A Great idea! His Staff are just lovely also! Our family has nothing but the best to say about Dr. O'Mahony :)

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

I had my first appointment with Dr O'Mahony a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed with him and his staff. I recently moved to Sarnia and my family and I had been with the same doctor for may years and finding a new one was always a big concern for me. He was great with my kids and both him an his staff made the first appointment very comfortable. It seems like they all have a great time working together while keeping it professional. The wait time for the appointment was a little long, but he makes up for it with the amount of time he spends with you to answer all your questions. Thank you Dr O'Mahony and staff for making the move to Sarnia a great experience.

Submitted March 11, 2013 | flag

I find Dr J Omahony staff incompetent. After numerous calls to see about referrals , I had to call the referral Dr myself to get an appointment . First time it took over 6 mths for the referral and then me having to go back and ask why I hadnt heard anything yet. This has happened a number of times. I am happy to see some patience get promp and proper care. I am getting very discouraged and am thinking of moving on . I don't feel I am taken seriously and I do have a couple of serious health issues that need to be looked after on a regular bases.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2013 | flag

I am a new patient of Dr. O'Mahony and I was very pleased with how friendly and helpful the staff and Doctor was. Doctor O'Mahony listened to not one but all of my issues and concerns without making me feel rushed or that I was a bother. He was very eager to help and I feel he has a true passion for what he does. I absolutely recommend him to those looking for a new doctor, you will not be disappointed.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

Not a good doctor for someone who is new to the field. Zero inter-personal skills, terrible listening skills, and horribly later for every appointment, an hour and a half for last visit. And I mean last visit I will not return.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

Staff was very rude and never called back for results, even though they were positive. When I called them asking for the results, since I never got better, they made me feel like I was just a huge bother and there was nothing wrong with me. I ended up getting so sick from the infection that I had to go to the hospital emergency room only for them to figure it out in just over an hour. I had to wait months just to get an appointment with him, and then I had to wait hours to see him, for him to only be dismissive of me. He seems like he has taken on too many patients because he just didn't seem very interested in helping me get better. He was very unhelpful to my situation and even though I'm sure he's knowledgeable, he just seems like he doesn't give a**** about his patients. I am very unhappy with John O'Mahony.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2012 | flag