Dr. Leo Gerczuk

Rate Dr. Leo Gerczuk

Dr. Leo Gerczuk's Ratings

Upon being referred to Dr. Gerczuk from my dentist, the initial appointment - which cost $300, he sent me for a CT Scan at a private clinic (which was not communicated to me the cost of this CT Scan when we have CT Scans covered under OHIP) which cost $400 to bring him an xray that showed him my jaw was out of his ability to fix, but went ahead and tried to create a bandaid solution for me anyway. He ordered a mouth guard for me at the cost of $1000+ and was not fit to my mouth properly. Every two weeks, I went in and had to have it re-shaped with no difference being made on my TMJ. Prescribing countless pills for pain, but not listening when I suggested they made me depressed. He literally laughed at me. Dropped me as a patient when no progress was being made after 4 months and the only reason I got my TMJ fixed is because his receptionist felt sorry for me when I called to complain and got me an appointment with Dr. David J. Psutka - who can REALLY fix your TMJ.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

An honest review of this place: This is a long story, and I am only limited to 1000 characters. For full story, please go to: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/periodontal-associates-mississauga Staff: They are polite and respectful. No reason not to give them higher rating. However, they still made the mistake of miscommunication within the clinic (from my full story). So I gave them a 4. Punctual: The appointments weren't very late, but they weren't exactly on time either. I gave him a 3. Helpfulness: They kept making mistake of miscommunication. I ended up paying for their mistake. It was not helpful at all. I gave him a 1. Knowledge: The doctor has enough knowledge and skills. I remain neutral because I have no one else to compare to. I gave him a 3.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Went to see this guy ( Leo Gerczuk) 1st two visits did not see him. On the 3rd visit he looked in my mouth. Once he noted on my questionaire that I smoked he wanted nothing to do with me. He claimed that as a smoker there would be complications and did not want any involvement with a patient that smoked. I can certainly understand his point but .... why would they take me for $1,200.00and later tell me he does not want me as apatient. Leo Gerczuk has very poor people skills and found him down right rude. He has a way about him that just rubbed me the wrong way. This guy makes a ton of money and treats people as they are cattle not human. I was referred to him a 2nd time but asked for a differant doctor; Leo Gerczuk does not deserve my business and would caution others, the guy is not a very nice human being.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

Leo and his staff are top notch in the Dental field. He did amazing work in my mouth, reconstructed someone else's mistake,beautifully done!

Submitted July 16, 2011 | flag

Upon having surgery... my anxiety was instantly reduced and I truly like the option of dental hypnosis performed by Dr. Gerczuk. Thanks to the staff and Dr.

Submitted June 26, 2011 | flag

This periodontist does good work however has an extremely poor personality/attitude. Didn't even ask me how I was before doing a $1300 gum graft. I also expressed concern that he was doing work on the wrong tooth but brushed me off like I didn't matter. he is not personable at all and for someone who is cutting in to my mouth and is paid a boatload of money, I expect a "how are you today."

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag