Rate Dr. Leo Gerczuk

Dr. Leo Gerczuk's Ratings

Upon being referred to Dr. Gerczuk from my dentist, the initial appointment - which cost $300, he sent me for a CT Scan at a private clinic (which was not communicated to me the cost of this CT Scan when we have CT Scans covered under OHIP) which cost $400 to bring him an xray that showed him my jaw was out of his ability to fix, but went ahead and tried to create a bandaid solution for me anyway. He ordered a mouth guard for me at the cost of $1000+ and was not fit to my mouth properly. Every two weeks, I went in and had to have it re-shaped with no difference being made on my TMJ. Prescribing countless pills for pain, but not listening when I suggested they made me depressed. He literally laughed at me. Dropped me as a patient when no progress was being made after 4 months and the only reason I got my TMJ fixed is because his receptionist felt sorry for me when I called to complain and got me an appointment with Dr. David J. Psutka - who can REALLY fix your TMJ.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2473355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

An honest review of this place: This is a long story, and I am only limited to 1000 characters. For full story, please go to: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/periodontal-associates-mississauga Staff: They are polite and respectful. No reason not to give them higher rating. However, they still made the mistake of miscommunication within the clinic (from my full story). So I gave them a 4. Punctual: The appointments weren't very late, but they weren't exactly on time either. I gave him a 3. Helpfulness: They kept making mistake of miscommunication. I ended up paying for their mistake. It was not helpful at all. I gave him a 1. Knowledge: The doctor has enough knowledge and skills. I remain neutral because I have no one else to compare to. I gave him a 3.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][157743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Went to see this guy ( Leo Gerczuk) 1st two visits did not see him. On the 3rd visit he looked in my mouth. Once he noted on my questionaire that I smoked he wanted nothing to do with me. He claimed that as a smoker there would be complications and did not want any involvement with a patient that smoked. I can certainly understand his point but .... why would they take me for $1,200.00and later tell me he does not want me as apatient. Leo Gerczuk has very poor people skills and found him down right rude. He has a way about him that just rubbed me the wrong way. This guy makes a ton of money and treats people as they are cattle not human. I was referred to him a 2nd time but asked for a differant doctor; Leo Gerczuk does not deserve my business and would caution others, the guy is not a very nice human being.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][157742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

Leo and his staff are top notch in the Dental field. He did amazing work in my mouth, reconstructed someone else's mistake,beautifully done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][157741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Upon having surgery... my anxiety was instantly reduced and I truly like the option of dental hypnosis performed by Dr. Gerczuk. Thanks to the staff and Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][157740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

This periodontist does good work however has an extremely poor personality/attitude. Didn't even ask me how I was before doing a $1300 gum graft. I also expressed concern that he was doing work on the wrong tooth but brushed me off like I didn't matter. he is not personable at all and for someone who is cutting in to my mouth and is paid a boatload of money, I expect a "how are you today."

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][157739].votes_count ]]