Rate Dr. Thierry Mesana

Dr. Thierry Mesana's Ratings

Good surgeon and an overall great team at the HI. Nurses, physio, ICU staff were all fabulous. I had a few issues afterwards. Unfortunately, he was away during that time. I guess to be expected.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr. Mesana operated on my five years ago and successfully rebuilt my mitral valve. I have made a full recovery and appreciate more every day the great work that he and his team carried out on me! Sandy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Dr. Mesana is not only the best surgeon but he is also the kindest and most understanding person.. He has such patience with people. Dr. Mesana has operated on me twice and each time was successful. He always made me feel very secure and without worry. You are the very best. Thank you so much Dr. Mesana

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

My husband was first brought in to the Gatineau emergency for sceptic choc, but the infection spread and he developed a heart valve infection (endocarditis) and his condition became even worse. He was transferred to the Hull ICU heart unit where they said they couldn't operate and unless his valve was replaced, he wouldn't survive the night. They called the Montreal Heart Institute who also refused my husband since he was too unstable for the 3 hrs ambulance transfer. Dr Mesana was called at the Ottawa Heart Institute, thank goodness he was on call. He saved my husband's life, he operated the valve that night. He was the only heart surgeon on staff at the Ottawa Institute who was willing to replace the valve, while the other surgeon's said my husband would die on the operating table. That was last year 2012. This year, we just celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary. God Bless you Dr Mesana.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr Mesana is not only and amazing surgeon, but also a gentelman and a noble person. He cares for his patients and has a gift for bedside manners and reassuring hope for the patients relatives.I hope there would be more Mesanas in the worls!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Mesana , not only are you the best in your field, you are truly a gentleman. You care for the people and you do everything you can to help and save lives. You saved my life and gave me a second chance. Ottawa is very lucky to have you and we hope you will lead this institution to bigger and brighter things. Thank you again. You are truly the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

In June 2007 Dr. Messana Operated on me to hopefully repair my Mitral Valve. 5 Hours on the Operating Table, I know if it would not have been for his knowledge, expertise and kind heart, the outcome would have differed. The outcome was a success. Thank you also for We are now sitting March 2013 and my heart has been great. I was back playing hockey 4 months after the surgery...not that I recommend this to everyone :) No complications. Excellent staff, knowledgeable at the Heart Ottawa Institute. Thank you Thierry and thank you Leagh. Not an easy experience to live through, however Dr. Messana has made this a routine matter. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Il m'a opéré il y a un an de cela et je suis très satisfaite. Une opération à coeur ouvert assez douloureuse mais maintenant j'ai repris mes activités normales. Mille mercis DR Mesana pour votre beau travail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Je crois que le Dr. Mesana m'a sauvé la vie et je lui serai toujours reconnaissant pour cela. Il a réparé avec succès ma valve mitrale (postérieure et antérieure), et je n'ai eu aucune complication après la chirugie. Quelques mois ont passé depuis, et je me sens de mieux en mieux!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

dr mesana operated me for the mitral valve n i feel great thank you doctor you saved my life he's the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165868].votes_count ]]