Dr. Thierry Mesana

Rate Dr. Thierry Mesana

Dr. Thierry Mesana's Ratings

My husband was first brought in to the Gatineau emergency for sceptic choc, but the infection spread and he developed a heart valve infection (endocarditis) and his condition became even worse. He was transferred to the Hull ICU heart unit where they said they couldn't operate and unless his valve was replaced, he wouldn't survive the night. They called the Montreal Heart Institute who also refused my husband since he was too unstable for the 3 hrs ambulance transfer. Dr Mesana was called at the Ottawa Heart Institute, thank goodness he was on call. He saved my husband's life, he operated the valve that night. He was the only heart surgeon on staff at the Ottawa Institute who was willing to replace the valve, while the other surgeon's said my husband would die on the operating table. That was last year 2012. This year, we just celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary. God Bless you Dr Mesana.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Mesana is not only and amazing surgeon, but also a gentelman and a noble person. He cares for his patients and has a gift for bedside manners and reassuring hope for the patients relatives.I hope there would be more Mesanas in the worls!

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mesana , not only are you the best in your field, you are truly a gentleman. You care for the people and you do everything you can to help and save lives. You saved my life and gave me a second chance. Ottawa is very lucky to have you and we hope you will lead this institution to bigger and brighter things. Thank you again. You are truly the best!

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

In June 2007 Dr. Messana Operated on me to hopefully repair my Mitral Valve. 5 Hours on the Operating Table, I know if it would not have been for his knowledge, expertise and kind heart, the outcome would have differed. The outcome was a success. Thank you also for We are now sitting March 2013 and my heart has been great. I was back playing hockey 4 months after the surgery...not that I recommend this to everyone :) No complications. Excellent staff, knowledgeable at the Heart Ottawa Institute. Thank you Thierry and thank you Leagh. Not an easy experience to live through, however Dr. Messana has made this a routine matter. Thank you.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

Il m'a opéré il y a un an de cela et je suis très satisfaite. Une opération à coeur ouvert assez douloureuse mais maintenant j'ai repris mes activités normales. Mille mercis DR Mesana pour votre beau travail.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

Je crois que le Dr. Mesana m'a sauvé la vie et je lui serai toujours reconnaissant pour cela. Il a réparé avec succès ma valve mitrale (postérieure et antérieure), et je n'ai eu aucune complication après la chirugie. Quelques mois ont passé depuis, et je me sens de mieux en mieux!

Submitted June 28, 2012 | flag

dr mesana operated me for the mitral valve n i feel great thank you doctor you saved my life he's the best

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

After receiving shocking news I needed mitral valve surgery, I spent much time researching information and various surgeons for my condition. Fortunately, one of the world's best surgeons in mitral valve repair, Dr. Mesana was at the Ottawa Heart Institute. At the consultation, I was immediately put at ease by his respectful, kind and calm demeanour. He took the time to answer all our questions and was very sensitive to my concerns as well as the emotional impact that a surgery of this magnitude carries. I underwent a successful mitral valve repair! This doctor is truly dedicated to his vocation, lives by the “hippocratic oath” and is the ONLY surgeon I would entrust my future cardiac care with. He is a man of integrity, compassion who truly cares and puts his patients first. Dr. Mesana is a testimonial to the highest standards of the medical profession. I sincerely hope that all future cardiac surgeons follow by his example. Thank you so much Dr. Mesana. You are the BEST.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

We just recently had my Dad back into the UOHI for his follow up appointment with Dr. Mesana. What an amazing man!!! My Father went from the uneasy, anxious patient, worried about his recovery to a man who was very at ease and couldn't say enough positive about the surgeon. Dr. Mesana took the time and showed he really cared about his patients and believed that what he was doing was making a difference. We can't thank him enough for everything he's done. What a remarkable group of people at the UOHI... from the Doctors, RN's, Volunteers right down to the maintenance people....Thank you!!

Submitted Nov. 28, 2011 | flag

There is good reason why this man is at the top of this list. He is an excellent surgeon. I had no complications at all after the surgery. He does off-pump surgery which not many surgeons can do. If you need heart surgery try to get him. He also has excellent bedside manner and lot's of time for any questions.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2011 | flag