Rate Dr. Julie R. Brandies

Dr. Julie R. Brandies's Ratings

She is awesome. I had kidney stone problem and she suggested me to very good doctor. Beside being good doctor she is compassionate and caring,which I think is the most imp for a doctor

Submitted Sept. 7, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr Brandies for close to 20 years. She is the best doctor I have ever had. I will always have her as my MD. She is just the best..

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

What I like most about Dr. Brandies is that she doesn't jump to treating every ache & pain with medication. She works with a patient to find alternative methods; for example, treating chronic pain with acupuncture or stress with meditation/mindfulness exercises. She incorporates Eastern medicine with Western. I've yet to come across another doctor who does this. She is also warm, patient and responsive to my needs. She will continue to be my doctor as long as she is in Chicago.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2010 | flag

I've used Dr. Brandies as my doctor for over 15 years. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, kind, caring, and an excellent physician. I have never been disappointed in the services provided, and am very comfortable knowing that Dr. Brandies keeps up on the latest medical information in order to be the best possible doctor. As a woman, I am especially pleased with Dr. Brandies, who specializes in women's health care issues. She is empathetic, listens to everything I have to say, and asks appropriate questions to insure her full understanding of the problem at hand. If you want an intelligent, kind, helpful doctor who provides excellent medical care, Dr. Brandies should be your choice.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

I did not find her compassionate at all; in fact she was judgmental and rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I will not go back. Not only did she run $1300 worth of unnecessary tests, she made inappropriate comments and complained about me taking up too much of her time because I mentioned more than one issue. Then she said I have an alcohol problem because I drink once a week with my friends. She started putting words in my mouth saying that I "pass out" once a week, and when I said I never said that, she accused me of changing my story. She wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. She also accused me of watching too much TV and prescribed "No more TV." At that point I realized she was making empty and false accusations because I didn't even own a TV until recently because it's not important to me. When I relayed Dr. Brandies' "diagnosis" to family and friends, all reacted with shock and the same advice: find a different doctor.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2009 | flag

Excellent doctor with a great "bedside manner". I have been her patient for 10 years and have recommended her to several friends who are very pleased with her. She is busy so appointments are not always easy to come by.

Submitted July 27, 2009 | flag

I love Dr. Brandies! She truly is a great doctor that listens. She is definitly a pro-active doctor and provided me with a ton of info and listened to everything I had concerns about. Im very happy she is my doctor and look forward to using her as my general care doctor!

Submitted April 30, 2008 | flag

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Brandies. She's compassionate, a straight shooter and down to earth. I've met a ton of doctors over the years and Dr. Brandies is one of my favorites. I've been a patient of hers for over ten years and I am very happy with her.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2008 | flag

Dr. Brandies always takes the time to listen and provides valuable information. She's professional and direct but very responsive. You always leave with a "plan" for what you need to do.

Submitted May 30, 2007 | flag

Dr Brandies is very thoughtful. She listens to everything you have to say before making an evaluation. She is not quick to prescribe. She is also open to eastern medicine.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2006 | flag