Rate Dr. Rachel K. Ashby

Dr. Rachel K. Ashby's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Ashby by a friend. She seems very competent and face to face, she is nice. However, it is impossible to get in touch with her for follow up questions. The NP would not escalate our calls to Dr. Ashby, rushes through questions, and is extremely curt and condescending. My husband is a specialist so we are pretty understanding of doctors and their limited schedule but this has been awful. We are starting our 1st treatment in a few days but despite multiple phone calls and emails, we still haven't had a follow up from Dr. Ashby since our initial consultation. The NP said we can't even get a follow up appt for 3 months. We would switch but we've already waited 6 weeks for our appointment with Dr. Ashby and we are hoping it will get better. However, we are keeping contemporaneous notes in case of a malpractice lawsuit because we are going into our treatment without any follow up from Dr. Ashby, just the NP.

Submitted April 15, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of dr ashby's for 5 yrs after leaving a previous reproductive clinic that consistently failed and then have up on us then we found dr ashby and our lives changed. She not only encouraged us but never gave up on us to have a baby and did everything in her power to fix the surgical mistakes the previous clinic did . After 8 ivf see finally got pregnant and have a beautiful baby boy who I will forever be grateful to dr ashby for her dedication to us and never giving up on me when we wanted to give up . I speak from 10 yrs of fertility treatment if you are looking for one of the best fertility drs them dr ashby is the one you want .

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

I agree with the previous comments about how clinical she is. And, more importantly, she was ONLY able to see one thing about my and my overall health - my weight. She said I may be healthy today (as per my own physician who clearly knows my entire medical record) but I won't be down the road. I'd go to pretty much anyone before going to her! Said she knew my medical record, but then had questions that were central, blamed my previous negative experience on me (which no one else has!) and then suggested adoption as an "easy and quick" option. Yeah, get a grip.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Ashby is incredible. She's skilled, professional, reassuring, compassionate and everything you want in a doctor.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag

This doctor is kind and knowledgeable. We had our first consult today, and we left feeling more optimistic. Dr. Ashby took a lot of time to answer our questions and share information with us. She also had reviewed our chart prior to our visit and went through everything step by step. I'm sad that we have to deal with infertility but am confident in her care.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

Due to our history it would have been easy to encourage us to go in-vitro but instead she said she was there to help us not to get our money and that the in-vitro would not be our best chance. She did help us bring to this world a beautiful daughter and helped us every step of the way. I am pregnant of my second one and we will trust in her care.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2011 | flag

I couldn't disagree more with previous 2 reviewers. I can only say positive things about both Dr. Ashby and the entire practice. Dr. Ashby was kind, professional and informative about providing us with a 2nd opinion. I really respect that she just doesn't jump right into doing surgery unless it's medically necessary like our previous RE had suggested. Her office Manager Amy, goes above and beyond the call of duty for being professional and helpful with time sensitive tests. Any voicemails I left with Susan her nurse or the office appt coordinator were returned usually within an hour or sooner. After doing a HSG again last month, happy to report I am 4 weeks pregnant!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ashby is the best doctor I've ever seen. She is warm, compassionate, kind, and caring. She helped me conceive my daughter and even came to visit us when my daughter was born. I almost feel like the previous reviewers are talking about a different doctor.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

I have to agree wholeheartedly with the last raters comments. I was very disappointed with Dr.Ashby's empathy skills, and also thought she was extrodinarily clinic. She also blows hot and cold, whic is almost worse. Dr. Ashby is, in my estimation, and based on the way that she treated me, an extrodinarily unkind person. She is more concerned with her practice, and being a doctor, than she is with the patients in front of her. I had a horrific experience with her that I don't want to get into, but it was extremely unproffesional. I would encourage anyone seeking fertility treatments to find a doctor who is more even keeled and always puts the patients first. When you are undergoing fertility treatments you need a doctor who you can count on emotionally and for the best care. A doctor who really understands how hard it is, and what loss you are experiencing. Dr. Ashby is not that doctor.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

I would not recommend Dr. Ashby. She is extraordinarily clinical and has little to no empathy for patients. She treats you as a number or stat for her clinic, as opposed to an individual. Dr. Ashby does not explain the process and only speaks to you in medical jargon. Her staff is equally as cold and uncaring. Beware - her staff needs to be micro-managed by the patient. They do not order the correct tests, return calls promptly and have even called using another patient's name. Very disappointing for such a reputable hospital. This feedback is based on a series of consistent experiences, not one isolated event. If you are looking for a personal, caring relationship with an infertility doctor, then Dr. Ashby is not your person.

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag