Dr. Anil K. Sharma

Foreign Lang: Hindi

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Anil K. Sharma has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6
RID: 5232281
10/03/14 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Sharma with complaints of back pain/ buttocks. prior to that time had been to a famous hospital in New York who weren't able to diagnose my pain. Dr. Sharma did two diagnostic blocks, and was able to exactly pinpoint the source of my pain and subsequently did radio frequency ablation of SI joint. I am now pain-free, working out and feeling great. I would recommend Dr. Sharma to all my friends and family strongly.
RID: 5185777
16/02/14 5 5 5 5 Excellent physician, one of the most caring and very knowledgeable in the field of spinal pain. He was referred to me by several friends. He performed radio frequency treatment on my back and I have minimal discomfort now, I am able to do all my activities and have stopped taking all my pain medications. I recommend him highly and will send my family members to him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 3640970
22/12/13 4 4 2 3 Was referred to this doctor by an associate. Dr. Sharma performed two epidural injections which were not successful. He was trying to convince me to have another "before my insurance runs out." Prescribes pain medications. He is not a very compassionate person and does not want to hear about other conditions you have that cause you pain. You can tell what is important to him when he walks in the room. His suits and shoes which cost more than I make in a month. He is not a nasty person however, I would like a doctor to care about my well-being and do whatever he can to help me and not just care about his wallet. His assistant is not that much better. Will be looking for a new pain mgmt doctor in the New Year.  Respond
RID: 2874491
24/09/13 5 5 5 5 Very good doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Sharma. I was afraid to have an injection in my back at first but Dr. Sharma assured me that it was not going to be painful . He explained the procedure in detail and I was very comfortable getting it done.. Once I had the injection, I was truly amazed how painless the procedure was. I am 70 percent better. I am due to have my second injection soon and I'm no longer afraid.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2819203
28/08/13 5 5 5 5 I have had neck, back, shoulders and arms pain for years. My spine surgeon suggested that I saw Dr.Sharma for pain management two years ago. Dr.Sharma has been very compassionate and patient with me. He actually listens to my complaints and even returns my phone calls. I trust Dr. Sharma advice and would recommend him to any one who needs help in pain management. Also Found out Dr Sharma has been rated as a "TOP DOC " by NJ monthly for 2 years in a row, He Defiantly deserves it
RID: 2756102
07/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Sharma is a excellent Pain management doctor. He was able to accurately diagnose the source of my spinal pain and then did a procedure to relieve it. I had this pain for several months and had seen several physicians and was also recommended surgery. I will recommend him to all my friends and family. Very knowledgeable and caring but on the quiet side.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

07/08/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2707816
13/07/13 5 4 2 5 I've been seeing Dr Sharma for 6 months for back pain. He has never laid a finger on me. He has never checked my range of motion. No EMG, no PT. Basically he just stands there in the exam room and not listens to anything I try and tell him. Yes, he has done a couple of procedures on my back - the procedures were very painful and not beneficial at all. He's "affiliated" with Riverview Hospital but doesn't do any procedures there. (That's the reason why I chose him was so I could go to Riverview). 6 months later I'm no better and now he wants to refer me to another Doctor. He doesn't "connect" with his patients - your just on an assembly line........$$$
RID: 2619064
16/04/13 4 4 1 1 Worst doctor i've ever seen.Unpleasant,could care less about you or your condition. The only thing he's concerned with is slapping you on the table for shots so he can make a quick buck.Has music blaring in the operating room.Treatment and managing your pain he could care less.About as unprofessional as you can get.  Respond
RID: 2577462
05/03/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor and staff. Always very punctual and polite. Phone calls are returned quickly.
RID: 2576192
04/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sharma and his staff are great,very helpful and knowledgeable.Even after back surgery I had lower back pain and now thanks to pain medicine and procedures i'm pain free.I highly reccomend.
RID: 2573362
28/02/13 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend him to everyone. His staff is friendly and helpful and got me an appointment quickly since I was in so much pain. I walked in the office in so much pain that my quality of life was diminished,after just two procedures I was back to my active lifestyle I was used to.
RID: 2490965
05/12/12 5 5 5 5 As a busy, active mom, back pain does not fit into my life. Dr. Sharma addressed my pain, explained to me exactly what was wrong and worked with me to make it better. He offers options for care, letting me decide what worked for me. I ended up having an injection which fixed my pain. What a great experience.
RID: 2390265
01/08/12 5 5 5 5 Have lots of confidence in Dr Sharma. He helped me completly with my lower back pain. Staff helpful and friendly, prompt with appointments
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1698299
27/01/12 5 5 5 5 my first contact with this doctor. He was thorough and accurate with diagnosis. He resolved my problem quickly. He also gave me instruction on how to avoid condition in the future. A pleasant person, and easy to talk to.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

10/01/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Internist" to "Pain Management", Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"
RID: 1681613
09/01/12 5 5 5 5 Thanks to Dr. Sharma my back feels great, i no longer have any pain after getting a procedure done with him. He explained everything to me very well and his staff was excellent also.He is always on time and anytime i had questions everyone was happy to help me. I would highly recommend his office.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1665385
19/12/11 5 5 5 5 One of the best doctors I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Helped me every step of the way and truly helped me in every aspect throughout my ordeal.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1637956
18/11/11 5 5 5 5 I have had back pain for many years and no one else was able to get to the root of my pain but Dr. Sharma was able to.His staff is awesome and I never had a problem getting help or answers to my problems.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user