Dr. Wylie Goodman

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 22/07/06    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Wylie Goodman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5477297
14/05/14 3 3 5 5 I saw Dr. Goodman for 3 1/2 years between 2009 and 2012. She helped me through an extremely difficult time during which I was going through a divorce, readjusting to being single, dealing with some family difficulties, and ultimately taking the first tentative steps back into dating and relationships. She was hands-down the most helpful therapist I have ever worked with. I found her practical approach to therapy extremely valuable and appreciated the "homework" assignments she would give me when I wanted them. I also liked the mix of conventional (Western) and Buddhist-oriented principles. Even now, almost two years after our last appointment, I find myself drawing almost daily on the tools and strategies I learned from her to help me make positive decisions and live well. One caveat: Dr. Goodman could be disorganized about scheduling, so if you are sensitive about that kind of thing, it might not be the best fit. Otherwise, I recommend her unequivocally.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 3617674
24/11/13 5 5 5 4 I saw Dr. Goodman for a few years and she helped me through an incredibly hard time. I appreciated that she was willing to work with me on a short term basis and believed in setting goals. While I saw her, I got through a very hard time when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, needed to leave a toxic job and tumultuous relationship. She helped me make tough but healthy decisions. I highly recommend her. - J. Katz
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1324481
31/12/10 5 5 5 4 Dr. Goodman is a compassionate and caring woman who has given me hope when I had none and helped me navigate the Path to a better emotional life.
RID: 1323783
30/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goodman was wonderful. Gently guided me through a rough time.  Respond
RID: 1299410
22/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Goodman has a unique style which is both compassionate and encouraging in nature. She is a wonderful therapist, and makes you feel less like a patient, and more like someone you are just talking to. She offers unique meditation and visualization exercises that are rooted in Buddhism. They may seem difficult to embrace initially, but are incredibly helpful as you progress. Her therapeutic style is one of kind, as she offers homework exercises to help you utilize the tools you learn in sessions into real world situations. I highly recommend Dr. Goodman; for she creates an empathic bridge between her and her patients, and is truly invested in their well being. I have been seeing her for a short time, but have reaped the benefits, tremendously. A wonderful therapist for anyone who is in need.
RID: 1106029
15/02/10 5 4 5 5 Wylie was incredibly helpful to me at a time when everything seemed to be falling apart in my life. She was a very patient listener, and would not be afraid to try different approaches over time to see what worked best for me. What still resonates with me is how she would reinforce that my feelings are valid, and not wrong or bad, but also, that it is up to me how to respond to them.  Respond
RID: 1087103
23/01/10 5 4 5 4 It has been several years now since working with Wylie, but she was really a source of strength for me when I needed her. Ultimately, I was not able to get to the place I needed in my life in our work together, but she set a solid foundation and taught me invaluable tools that I have taken with me that continue to help me grow. I still think of her and many of her unique and personal techniques regularly and value or time together. I feel that she is very different from most therapists in that she doesn't sit back and say "now how does that make you feel" but instead guides you through your emotions. At times she became impatient or frustrated at my actions or state, which was very hard as a sensitive person. I realized then, and recognize now, it came from a place of truly wanting to see me happy and achieve my dreams. I'm working on it still, but no doubt she helped with that.  Respond
RID: 1071821
07/01/10 5 5 5 5 Wylie was very helpful at a time when I felt lost and distressed with my life. She is fabulous and I would highly recommend her.  Respond
RID: 1066905
31/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goodman is the best therapist I have ever had. She came highly recommended to me after trying 3 other therapists; it was obvious early on that she is like no other. She has raised the bar for what a therapist should be, as she employs various techniques to best fit my needs. This could be a meditation session one week or a visualization technique the next. It amazes me how much she can personalize each session, which allows me to leave each week with the necessary tools to navigate through life. Speaking of which, one of the best things about Dr. Goodman is that she gives me "homework" (if I ask for it), where I can become more self-reliant within my own healing. She is amazing - always striking the perfect balance between being supportive and proactive. Highly recommended.
RID: 899579
28/05/09 3 2 3 2 Wylie and I were not a good fit. I found her style at times judgmental and not very nurturing or compassionate about the challenges I was having. She even missed an appointment of ours after changing our regularly scheduled time and didn't offer a free make-up appointment, only an apology. Overall I was not impressed. Too bad it took 8 months working with her to figure it out.
Paid (or co-pay): $90
See Responses
RID: 446427
19/11/07 5 5 5 5 Seeing Wylie was hugely helpful. Her office is a supportive, non-judgmental place to find perspective and get guidance on any number of issues. She's easy to talk to and presents concrete, straightforward techniques for dealing with life's challenges. Her approach is rooted in Buddhist principles that I found really accessible.
RID: 37215
22/07/06 5 5 5 This doctor specializes in Buddhist-Oriented Psychology. She has a Psy.D. and has been practicing for over 10 years.