Rate Dr. Sanjeev Sharma

Dr. Sanjeev Sharma's Ratings

Just filling in boxes does not give a good description of the practice and how it has evolved. YEARS ago, I was happy with Dr. Sharma. I did have two misdiagnosis from a nurse practitioner and a relatives severely sick child was not treated appropriately by a nurse practitioner. Misdiagnosis often occur during a work up, but these were related to blatant lack of knowledge. My concerns were acknowledged and I was told she was over working and would cut back her hours. As Dr. Sharma was less and less available for medical appointments, without extreme future booking, nurse practitioners were often the only option. There was one I was pleased with though he moved. Dr. Sharma may have been in the building, as required by law when the nurse practitioners were practicing, but if in the midst of a breast augmentation, Botox and other profitable "beauty" procedures, just how available was he to confer with, when needed? His office manager of the medical portion has been extremely rude to me. One instance was due to her lack of knowledge in the difference in Medicare Advantage and Medigap. I have not found this at any other very varied practices. It was her way of handling the situation. I was going to be denied treatment, even though my plan had no restrictions on doctors it accepted. I pay extra for this. I had to call outside in the parking lot myself for confirmation my information was correct and was met with an additude, even worse than I had been given initially. As I could see the doctor's new interest was in the greater income elective beauty services provided, even though he was not a board certified plastic surgeon, it was time for me to find a practice that focused on internal medicine. I have had "plastic surgery" for assistance in decrease of back pain. It was reduction, more involved when done with best technique than augmentation. Even if it had have been augmentation, never would I have such a procedure without an anesthesiologist present or in an office setting. Although his are anesthesia free, sedation is used, as the family of a person almost 40 years old that died due to a fall when still groggy the next day. DISCLAIMER : I have not read autopsy report, just the facts given. He has a lot of positive feedback on his elective beauty procedures. Please take time to investigate information. https://www.abplsurg.org/ModDefault.aspx?section=SurgeonSearch&Print=1 American Board of Plastic Surgeons do not have him listed as a member. They have extensive requirements aimed at quality medicine, patient safety and optimal outcome. I encourage anyone thinking of elective "beauty/confidence boosting" related procedures to read their site. I had heard he added a doctor to his practice, it did not entice me back. I just received notification that as of January 31, 2015 he will no longer accept ANY insurance. No need to take on clients relying on insurance to cover health conditions, even if you are a general practitioner, when you have income from procedures insurances do not cover. Again, this is not meant to be negative because he has changed his career path, but advise those seeking procedures to use professionals who have put in the extra education and passed rigorous exams to become board certified. Sedation does not come without danger, it is my personal choice that I would not be sedated to the point where I could undergo breast augmentation, even if massive amounts of local anesthetic can be of assistance (I do not know) in an office facility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639056].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

The front desk staff is very rude. They are out to make money and force us to comein for unnecessary reasons and will not renew regular maintenance prescriptions. When we do come in, they just give the same prescription without any tests. The phone line gets shutdown almost close to 11:30AM and will not be open until 1:30PM and looks like they take a 2 hour lunch every working day ! Very unfriendly on phone when we call for any reason. I would highly recommend everyone to avoid this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Patient's update
Thank you for your comments.

Please accept our apologies if your interaction with our front office staff was less than pleasant. Our staff typically does a great job of making our patients feel welcome and comfortable. Nonetheless, no member of our staff is immune from having a bad day once in a while. With that said, we sincerely regret that your visit was impacted by one such bad day on the part of our staff member.

We would also like to take this opportunity to provide information regarding our office policies and procedures. We switch our office phones to our answering service from 11:55 am to 1:00 pm - this is the time period that we close the office for lunch. Please note that we take lunch at the same time every day and for no longer than one hour, as is typical for most small businesses. The answering service can and does patch through all urgent and emergent calls.

Regarding office visits for prescription refills - it is, indeed, our policy to have regular check-ups for patients who are taking prescription medications, especially for an extended period of time. As a general rule, patients are given between 1 and 5 refills at each visit. We do like to see these patients back every 3 to 6 months - the purpose of these check-ups is to make sure that the prescribed dosage is still appropriate for the patient, and to keep track of any new medical developments. Depending on the prescribed medication, the patient's ailment and condition, follow-up tests may or may not be required. This is not just our policy. It’s good medicine.

Lastly, our door is always open to our patients, especially those who may have concerns about their care. Unfortunately, we are unable to identify you, as there is no name attached to this review. If you have any further questions or concerns, we invite you to contact our office at your convenience. We'd be glad to discuss solutions to any perceived problem. Whatever you decide, we wish you the best.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I went here because I needed a civil surgeon to fill out the forms for immigration medical tests. He charges you outrageous money. the people in the front desk are really rude. the doctor did not even see me and the nurse practioner was the one who did the forms for me. They screwed up my forms and the USCIS sent back my forms. these people are just money orieniented and doesnt even listen to you. gives you wrong advices and then wont take accountabily or responsibilty for their actions. I would never recommend anyone to go here to get your immigration forms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Whent in for a consultation, met with juliana who is one of the nurses who was very helpful. Put $500 down and booked my surgery date 3 weeks later. 2 weeks before surgery met with dr. Sharma and nurse nancy and he was completely honest of what was best gor me. Had blood work and was low on iron, was told to take over the counter iron pills and instead i got an iron infussion & was good to go. Everything went well and i love my new boobs! 8-D. I recomend him to all my friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][698768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

Only nurse practitioner is attending patients not the doctor. They are not listening the patients problem, however they are not confident to prescribe any medication. Also very rude. They just want to make money. I never suggest this doctor as he is not attending patients but still charge you for the visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][698767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I went to this doctor to consult for a breast augmentation. He did not even see me. The assistant did all the work, even measured me. He said the max. he would do was 280cc. I went to another doctors and they told me 350cc. Lukely, I did some research before paying him for the surgery and found out he is a FAMILY doctor. He is also being because a woman died after having a breast augmentation at his office. He does not have a special doctor to give anesthesia. He is the one who performs it. Do NOT go to him. He is not professional and does not what he is doing. It is better to pay more for someone who gives you confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][698766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2012

this doctor is out to make money and he could care less for anything else. he has nurse practitioners doing the work and they are awful. the place is easy to get to and walk in service is good, but i would rather go to a third world nation and get better quality medical service. i would rate this place as awful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][698765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2012

extremely bad doctor .doesnt know what he is doing.I was suffering from STD and he gave me wrong medicine without any tests and now i m suffering from side effects .Just want to make money everytime asks me to get an appointment to get the complete physical so he can make money and asking me to come again and again without reason just for the follow up .I am thinking of suing him now .he ruined my life .i explained him that this medicine is not good he said that it is good although on the internet i found more information that he knows .He has his assistance Steven Reyes who writes the prescription too .go to this doctor if you dont love yourself and dont want to get well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][698764].votes_count ]]