Dr. Les J. Gurwitt

Grad. Year: 1965

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Les J. Gurwitt has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Les" to "Les J."
RID: 2664200
28/05/13 4 5 4 4 I have seen Dr. "G" for a few years. Always found him to be knowledgeable, compassionate, gentle and understanding. Recently, however I placed a new and special pen w/some papers on the counter in rm during exam. A staff person took my pen! I did not say anything. That is a bad sign but no reflection on him. I have moved away so will be going to a new doctor near my home but have great respect for him. Sounds corny but when he enters the room there is the sense of the luminosity that occurs when a good soul is present. My sympathies to anyone with United Healthcare!

RID: 803475
01/03/09 5 5 5 5 Perfect Dr. the only tiny criticism is he used a midline incision instead of a mediolateral incision, but he may have had a good reason other than it is old school, I did not ask. "In cases where an episiotomy is indicated, a mediolateral incision may be preferable to a median (midline) incision as the latter is associated with a higher risk of injury to the anal sphincter and the rectum" from Wikipedia
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 630320
03/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gurwitt and staff are the best! When I had a miscarriage, he was so sweet and wonderful, even called me at home!! During my next pregnancy he was more than cautious! I delivered a VERY healthy 8 lb 2 oz girl!! His staff ALWAYS made me feel like I was their favorit patient! All of the kindness and patience I felt from them was unbelievable! I wouldn't use anyone else!!
RID: 559406
07/04/08 2 3 2 2 No bed-side manner in that Dr. made me feel like a number not a person. It was as though he was ready to retire and didn't care if I came back. This yearly appt, my first time with Dr. Gurwitt, was not thorough and left me with the impression of slam, bam, thank you mam. The questions I asked about menopause, etc. were never answered.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 490263
21/01/08 5 5 5 5 DR GURWITT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST OB/GYN!! HE DELIVERED MY BABY IN SEPTEMBER 2007 AND I COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER DOCTOR. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH I COULD SAY ABOUT HIM!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR GURWITT AND HATS OFF TO STELLA FOR RUNNING SUCH A GREAT OFFICE! ALLISON PD  Respond
RID: 355660
28/06/07 5 5 5 5 Dr G, Is the best OB/GYN I have been to, and I have been to alot. he delivered my first 2 kids and in Feb 2008 will be delivering my third. i wouldn't have it any other way. The office staff are exellent and always make you feel good
RID: 22713
10/02/06 4 5 5 What an awesome Doc! He delivered my daughter back in 2003 and had very excellent bedside manners. I hihgly recommend........... My previous female Doc who delivered my son in 2000 was a horrible Doc. Dr. Gurwitt is very attentive and takes the time to ask questions. Yes, he is getting older but, I see it as more experience rather than ready to retire.........
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2826
03/11/04 4 4 5 He is the person who delivered me, so I give him much credibility. He is very knowledgable in the field, but may be close to retirement.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user