Rate Dr. John M. Dalena

Dr. John M. Dalena's Ratings

Dr. Dalena is absolutely amazing, remarkably knowledgeable, tremendously efficient and a very genuine person. My husband and I both went to his office for the first time for a routine colonoscopy. Dr Dalena is very pleasant and gave us the time we deserved, without making us feel rushed. Right from the scheduling of the appointment, during the procedure, to the follow up phone calls after the procedure, the entire staff made us feel very comfortable. The people at the front desk, the nurses inside and the anesthesiologist were very helpful, and put us at ease right away. Sensing our nervousness, they were very gracious and answered all our questions very patiently that made us feel comfortable. From the bottom of our hearts, we wish each one of these wonderful people the very best in their professional as well as personal lives, because they just seem to be so unselfish and altruistic. Being very skeptical of doctors, I was immensely impressed by Dr. Dalena and his entire staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Dalena and his entire staff to all my close ones and everyone in the world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

I visited Dr Dalena last summer and he ran extensive tests for my chronic and severe diarrhea, including a colonoscopy, stool samples, blood work. His final report was that I am not properly digesting fats. I asked him what causes that. He replied "We don't know." He offered pills but without knowing the root cause, I was reluctant to take any more pills. I had already spent hundreds on Flagyl and Vancomycin. Symptoms continue, so I called to ask if Dr. Kelly Krueger, another doctor in Dalena's practice, could review all my test results and call me to talk about whether she has any ideas for what might be causing this. The office told me that she will not call me. I would have to come in for another office visit - of course further running up my bill. I can't see why she can't just call me to suggest other ideas for what might be causing my symptoms, when she has so many test results available in that office. No follow up call ever came from any doctor in the practice, and Dalena was perfectly satisfied to simply leave the final diagnosis as "we don't know".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Thank you Dr Dalena for helping me with my Ulcerative Colitis for the last nine years! I routinely have yearly colonoscopy and check ups to remain in remission, he works with specialists at Mt. Siani and as a team, have given me great health back. It is a good feeling to have confidence living with UC and not worring about all the issues that I once had. Dr Dalena is the best, he makes me feel like someone who really cares!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2582899].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Dalena and his staff run a very friendly, helpful and efficient facility at 65 Ridgedale Ave . Clearly Dr. Dalena sets a good "tone from the top". This was my second colonoscopy in the last year and my experience both times was the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. John Dalena is a great doctor: he knew what he was doing, and the colonoscopy procedure went extremely well this past March. His superior expertise aside, I could tell that John was truly interested in helping people with medical needs. He even answered all my phone calls very promptly. I don't think he became a doctor to make money, he became a doctor to help others in need. I am very happy to get to know a great doctor like John. His unparalleled knowledge, skill and service truly amazed me. You cannot go wrong with John... He will give you the best treatment possible, period. Thanks a million, John, for a job well done! To me, you are the pride of New Jersey!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have been to many physicians over the years, but, I have never met an extraordinary person like Dr. Dalena. He was wonderful and made me feel extremely comfortable and I am a very nervous person to begin with. He is extremely intuitive and knowledgeable. He ordered all the appropriate tests in order to get an overview of my situation. He was most generous with his time on the day of my colonoscopy, which was comforting, and he met with me shortly after the procedure to let me know his findings. Dr. Dalena is by far one of the BEST doctors I have been to in years and I will tell you that if you are looking for a great gastroenterologist; Dr. Dalena is the person you want to work with and his office staff is excellent and friendly to work with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2412315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I went in for a routine colonoscopy screening. Although he came highly recommended, I had never met Dr. Delena. I had some unusual circumstances. They were not serious, however both the staff and the doctor were extremely compassionate. I never felt that my issues were trivialized. The procedure was quick and painless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Dalena is very warm, personable, kind. He is unusual, to be honest... very genuine and really wants to help you get better, which is so nice to see. He's also very good at what he does, a nice plus. He helped me get better after years and years of being sick. I've been feeling great for over a year thanks to him! I am extremely grateful. The office staff is friendly, responsive and helps you with basics like getting appointments, testing, refills, and is also very good at working with your insurance company on difficult challenges. I have found the office in general to be fantastic to work with! I'd recommend Dr. Dalena to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Dalena for many years. He is personable, approachable, efficient, and timely. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699872].votes_count ]]