Dr. Orel H. Knight

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Orel H. Knight has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Orel" to "Orel H."
RID: 2713547
19/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Knight delivered all four of my children (ages 8 - 15). We found him when we first moved here from L.A. We talked to many people and asked who they recommended for an OBGYN. They all gave glowing reviews about Dr. Knight. After my first visit with him I knew he was the Dr. for me. He's very caring and gentle. He's also very relaxed. Even at the hospital the nurses would tell me how great it is to have a Dr. like Orel Knight (not great for the nurses, I was told, because he'd put a lot of demands on them regarding his patients). He would constantly check in with the nurses to see how his patients were doing. I felt he truly cared for every one of his patients - like a father would for his daughter.
RID: 1810153
27/03/12 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Knights office with my first pregnancy and he was absolutely the the best DR I've ever had. Made me feel very comfortable, answered all questions, goes out of his way doing extra tests and taking extra pre-cautions to make sure you and the baby (twins in my case) are doing well. Office staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Have told many friends about him!  Respond
RID: 1627967
08/11/11 1 2 2 2 I went to see this Dr. because i was referred to him by a friend. I was very dissappointed by the way i was treated by both the dr. and his staff. I felt that I was interferring with his other patients and I felt that I was bothering Dr. with my questions. very dissappointing!!!!  Respond
RID: 1443199
17/05/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Knight has been wonderful. He delivered my sister's three boys and my step mother's two kiddos, too. Everyone loves him!
RID: 1434713
06/05/11 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Knight. He is so kind and helpful with all of my concerns. He is very informative. I love the respect and care I get from him and his staff.
RID: 1392010
20/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Knight is unlike ANY other doctor I've ever met. My husband and I have had a lot of trouble trying to conceive. We've gone through multiple miscarriages and multiple OBGYNs. Dr. Knight genuinely cares about his patience. He is knowledgable beyond words and I felt like he dedicated so much time and energy to me. I look forward to every visit and trust Dr. Knight completely. I am now pregnant and really don't know that this could've happened without him. I would recommend him to ANYONE looking for quality OBGYN care in Sacramento. Hands down... the best.
RID: 1374735
28/02/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Knight is good all the way around!!! There is nothing bad to say about him at all.
RID: 1286755
04/11/10 5 5 5 5 I still get teary remembering the tragic loss of my first baby, and how grateful I am that Dr. Knight was my wonderful, brilliant, sweet, sensitive, and truly CARING doctor. In all my 35 years, he is the first doctor I've met who clearly cared about me. I love Dr. Knight and his staff.
RID: 1212046
20/07/10 4 5 5 5 I started seeing Dr. Knight when I found out I was having twins. We felt better right away, he was full of questions, answers and confidence. I ended up in the hopital for many weeks due to preterm labor. He came every morning and every evening to check up on me and to make sure I was wearing my ted tights. He drives you crazy cause he's tough but I wouldn't have wanted to be in anyone else's hands the night I delievered. I think he makes the nurses crazy also he likes things done his way but in the end he brings you and your most precious babies into the world safely. I think he takes his job very seriously so he's all business until that baby is born and then he's all smiles and cheers again. He helped give us the best three things in our life!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 856978
09/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Knight is an amazing doctor, and I'm forever grateful to have found him. He delivered both of my two sons via c-section, one emergency -- smoothly and confidently, and left nary a scar I might add! He also performed both a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on me -- again no problems. I have always felt reassured by him and his professionalism and wisdom. In three years, I never waited more than 5 min. in the waiting room to see him. He is wonderful!!
RID: 824196
10/03/09 5 4 5 5 After a deeply disappointing labor and delivery with my first child, I switched to Dr. Knight during my second pregnancy when I found out I was expecting twins. Several friends, including one who is an OB and the mother of twins, said he was the go-to guy for multiples pregnancies, and had the best local rate of bringing them close to term. From my first visit, my husband and I felt we were in superior hands. Dr. Knight cares deeply about his patients, takes as much time as you need/want and gives you the straight scoop. (Another key indicator, the antenatal and L/D nurses at SMH love him.) I have heard story after story about how he puts his patients first (I don't know how his wife puts up with it). He has high expectations, but works tirelessly to ensure a healthy outcome for mothers and babies. I have gone on to recommend him to many other members of my local twins club, and they have all raved about his care.
RID: 687233
19/09/08 4 5 5 5 Dr Knight delivered my son December 2007. The delivery had complications and Dr Knight was very supportive and respectful of my HUGE family and our religious beliefs. He was there often after the birth and even after being re-admitted because of more complications. He is very professional and wants things done his way, but only in a manner that leaves you feeling safe in his hands. I highly recommend Dr Knight to anyone.  Respond
RID: 677517
02/09/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Knight has given superior service to both my family and a number of my friends. My husband and I have found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions and encourages me to call with anything--and HE calls back to talk about it. Very matter of fact and professional and makes other family members (that come along on doctor visits) feel very comfortable. We highly recommend Orel Knight to all of our friends. It will be a sad day for us when he decides to retire.
RID: 149753
20/02/07 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr Knight since I was 16 years old. He delivered my younger brothers & sister. I am now 38. He has delivered both of my children, the last of which was a difficult pregnancy which required a couple of weeks hospitalization. He's not like your "best friend" so he's doesn't sugar coat things. He's very matter of fact & had helped bring me back to reality many times during my awful stay. He was the voice of reason that probably saved my life. I have recommended to many friends & he has delivered many of their babies.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 133079
09/02/07 4 5 5 Dr. Knight has been my OB/GYN for over 20 years. He is a wonderful doctor who not only gives outstanding medical care to his patients but, cares for them on a personal level as well. I have received nothing less than excellent care from him since I was in my early 20's and will do so until he retires. I have referred numerous family and friends to him and they all have found him to be an all-around wonderful doctor. As far as my ratings go, he deserves the highest marks on helpfulness and knowledge. He is as punctual as circumstances allow. He is an OB which means he does have to leave the office at times to deliver babies or for other emergencies. These are the only times I have ever been kept waiting.
RID: 52302
24/10/06 2 1 1 He was a horrible doctor! Very dismissive on so many issues. I had to change my Ob/Gyn in the middle of my pregnancy! It was horrible and very stressful. I highly do NOT recommend Dr Knight!
RID: 36555
17/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Knight delivered both of our children. He is punctual, warm, and very professional. We think he is the best doctor we've ever had.