Rate Dr. Victor Wong

Dr. Victor Wong's Ratings

I went for a consultation re a problem/pain I've been having for over 2 years - even though I've had dozens of diagnostic tests. I was hopeful to see Dr. Wong. Well, he is NOT a nice person - insulting, disrespectful-mean. , I think he may have anger issues or ??? SOMETHING WRONG -he is not professional and I've decided to sacrifice having a colonoscopy by him (frustrating because this delays my progress in finding out what's wrong) because I don't want any further contact with this person. And, looking at all the negative comments in this site, I believe there is a serious problem with this doctor that needs addressing by the BC College of Physicians. Other people may not be as peaceful as I tried to be at the appt - they may lash out at his insulting ways - I would not be surprised.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

He just blew me off and said women are anxious by nature and that my pain is caused by stress and sent me away.
Wow.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2523444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Not sure why all the negative ratings. Saw Dr. Wong last year for my colonoscopy (without consultation which I opted for) and had it done without sedation. The nurse at the hospital stated that if it was any other doctor she would recommend sedation as she has had other doctors perform the procedure on her and Dr. Wong is the best. Dr. Wong was gentle and explained everything to me as her performed the procedure. Today my 81 year old mom went to see him for a consultation. Yes he does look at his computer because that is where the information is. He is only interested in the facts and asked only pertinent questions. He provided a thorough explanation and examined my mom. The procedure has been scheduled. My mom thought he was great and she has seen many doctors in her lifetime. Do not get intelligence confused with arrogance. He is an extremely efficient and highly intelligent doctor who knows his skill well. I would highly recommend him. You are in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2231494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Wong for a colonoscopy. He is a very experienced gestroenterlogist, although a bit cool. He explained the detials to me while in his ofice a week before the procedure. At the hospital while Dr. Wong was performing the procedure, he also asked me that the operation took only 10-15 minutes and comforted me not to be nervous. I finally finished the procedure without under sedation medicine. I walked out of the hospital 15 mintues after leaving the operation room for breakfast. However, the colon preparation a day before the procedure was more tiring than the colonoscopy itself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

My goodness what a HORRIBLE experience (Rude and Arrogant) he spends more time looking at his computer with no interest on what you have to say 'no personal skills.' I was angry and frustrated after the visit what a waste of time. I contacted by GP and asked to be rescheduled with a different specialist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][182202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Dr Victor Wong is THE most arrogant and burnt out doctor I have ever met in my life! He never looked at me when he was firing off questions and remained focused on his computer screen. I found out that his receptionist gave me the wrong info and I could only get the colonoscopy done and not the gastro copy when I was at the hospital. Dr Wong did not once come over to see before the procedure and just told me that he will not be performing the gastro copy when I was being wheeled into the OR. I complained that I was not given the right info and he defended his assistant. He gave me the sedation just before the colonoscopy and it was quite uncomfortable. He just walked passed me (ten feet away) when I was recovering and told me everything looked good and his assistant will call me to reschedule the gastro copy without even stopping. I will not let him touch me with a ten foot pole. Dr Wong is a disgrace to his profession and frankly he should have been a coroner instead.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][182200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2013

His receptionist barely speaks English and is hard to understand. He is the most brash, rude dr. I've ever met. He gave us no information aside from"your liver is shot" and "most people with cirrhosis will die from kidney failure." My husband is an alcoholic but deserved more respectful advice than a death sentence. I asked about confusing and memory problems and was told it's his liver. I knew that, I needed help understanding what lay ahead. Husband decided he may as well drink a beer and die then I guess. He's now in hospital unaware of what's around him. All I needed to know was that there was a medication that might help. The hospital has him on it now and it may or may not work but if we'd known he could have been on it weeks ago. It's his own fault he got to be an alcoholic but it is a disease and deserves to be talked to like a human being, not like some lowlife the dr doesn't give a**** about. Going to him is the worst mistake we ever made!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][182199].votes_count ]]