Rate Dr. Douglas M. Rampona

Dr. Douglas M. Rampona's Ratings

Fantastic service and, finally, doctors that care about their patients! Would recommend.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Dr Rampona "corrected" my dry eye with plugs and said " I will never have that problem again". They are worst than ever and I have left his practice. Strange how staff keeps leaving, 2/15/14

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I underwent PRK eye surgery roughly two months ago (-6.25 D of correction in each eye) and so far am frustrated with the results. Anyone considering this surgery, please know that your vision post PRK will NEVER be as good as it was with corrective lenses, particularly contacts. 20/20 vision is NOT necessarily good vision. I am now seeing 20/20 and my vision is nearly perfect during the day. However, I cannot drive at night due to EXTERME starbursting around car headlights, halos, slight double vision in one eye, and ANNOYING high and low order abberatations. For the entire first month I completely lost my contrast, meaning my vision indoors was extremely poor. It is just now BEGINNING to come back. The doctor will tell you you'll be back to work the Monday after surgery and will try to hide the fact that it may take several months to heal. In the meantime, I am just hoping my terrible night vision will begin to improve. If you are considering PRK, PLEASE do some research.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

4 yrs. ago, Dr. Rampona performed CK surgery on me, which failed after 4 months. He then put me under the care of his associate,Dr. Levine, who performed PRK surgery on me. It, too, failed within 6 months. I was scheduled for a 3rd surgery, when Dr. Rampona "dismissed" me as a patient - stating they feel like I would be better served elsewhere. I never received any portion of a monetary refund. Now 4 yrs. later, my vision is very poor. I have consulted with 2 other Opthamalogists. Both stated that the surgeries that were performed on me should have never been done with my particular vision. I wanted better close-up vision. And now research shows that the majority of these surgeries failed. I now have enough scarring on my corneas that neither surgeon would touch me. I have been sent to an Optomatrist to try to fit me in eyewear/contacts. My left eye was surgically set for distance, while my right eye had been set for near vision. Dr. Rampona should be ashamed of himself!!

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

Great doctor and team of doctors. Very nice staff. Felt like a good family and team. Great service.

Submitted July 22, 2008 | flag

This is an awesome practice!! Everyone is SO polite and courteous. Dr Rampona is awesome!

Submitted Oct. 19, 2007 | flag

I wasn's even scheduled to be seen by dr. Rampona, but he took time to come see me and give advice to another doctor i was seen by at his clinic. He was great: very nice, polite, encouraging and extremely knowledgeble. All staff at their clinic were very supportive and proffessional.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2007 | flag

Dr. Rampona & staff were great. I had surgery there and it is great. He is the only Dr. I know that gives out their cell phone number to patients. He called and checked on me several times. He and his staff are so thorough.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2006 | flag

Dr. Rampona and staff were very nice professional , quick to address any of my concerns before and after surgery. He gave me the greatest gift in life, the ability to see and feel confident about myself. Dr. Rampona was patient and concerned he and his staff made certain that I was comfortable with the procedure and the results. He took me from near blind to 20/25, that was a blessing from God just as he and his staff are. I thank God for him and First Colonial Eye Care entire staff. I was told initally by other doctors that due to my bad vision, I was not a candidate for laser eye surgery, so when my husband researched and made the determination that Dr.Rampona was one of the best in the field, (to humor my husband) we sought Dr. Rampona out and yes, he shocked and amazed me. I had been dependant on glasses for 41 years of my 49 yrs, so, I really don't know what perfect vision is, but I do know that I can see without the aide of glasses, I can wake up and see the clock for myself.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2006 | flag

This man performed laser vision correction on me a few years ago. He is very nice, but the procedure created a visual aberration in one of my eyes that makes the vision in that eye 20/20, but fuzzy. The other eye is great. He basically told me that I was being too picky. He did not bother to investigate with corneal topography or wavefront imaging. I had to go to another doctor to find out the problem, which was easily seen on wavefront. I have consulted various doctors about the outcome and have been told that the ablation was decentered. Dr.Rampona said that this was not possible due to the tracking equipment on his laser. He did talk about redoing the surgery once the technology to fix it was available, but later told me that "the enemy of good is better". This is after I have told him time and time again that the vision in that eye is not good, no matter what the Snellen chart says.

Submitted July 12, 2006 | flag