Rate Dr. David Aboussafy

Dr. David Aboussafy's Ratings

Helpful guy, really listened and asked useful questions. Now I understand why taking more pain and anxiety pills and sitting at home was making things worse and what to do instead. We need fewer dangerous pill pushers and more like Dr. Dave.

Submitted July 2, 2014 | flag

I saw David way way back in 2001/02. He was running a clinic to help people quit smoking. I was referred to him through my oncologists office as I was just recovering from cancer and cancer treatments that ravaged my lungs. At that time I had been a smoker for about 25 years, and as a typical smoker had tried and failed dozens of times to stop. In Davids group, I learned why smoking is addictive, what parts of the brain it affects and what happens when we try to stop smoking. In February of 2002 I quit smoking and it had never been so easy, I knew what was going on with me, what to expect and why my body was doing what it did when I stopped smoking. It is now February 2014, 12 years since I quit smoking and I owe it all to you Dr David! You are a genius and you're program was fantastic. I was so sad to find out that my group was your last due to funding cuts. Keep up the good work!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

David was a gem. He was able to see me quickly, listened well, provided lots of useful information. He introduced me to a number of life-changing skills and followed through to see that they worked. David also got the reports and letters in that I needed.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Aboussafy was very helpful and available when others were not. He took time to listen and understand my problems and then worked with me to come up with a treatment (or rather a change) plan together. I learned and practiced many ways to stay calm or calm down, change less useful thoughts, communicate better, and to solve problems, and then applied them in my life. Dr. Aboussafy also provided the documentation I needed very quickly, and has a good sense of humour. Highly recommended for anxiety, depression, chronic pain and insurance cases. Thanks again Dr. A!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

I've had a lot of expierience, he's fantastic. Helped me through a very very tough situation, as well as making me feel comfortable throughout. I wish him nothing but the best.Thank you David.

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Aboussafy is funny, easygoing and quite helpful. He gives you space to figure things out, asking questions that guide you to realizations and then providing lots of information and/or options choose from for new skills when you ask for them. He also writes useful reports when needed. I also appreicted the evening appointment hours and flexible scheduling.

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

I couldn't find another qualified psychologist who would see me and provide a report when I needed it. Dr. Aboussafy got back to me right away and saw us the next week. We had the documents and forms we needed the next week. Timely and easy to work with, recommended if you need an assessment report.

Submitted March 18, 2012 | flag

Good information about manging mood, anxiety and chronic pain. Basically how to get your life back. Very useful.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2012 | flag

Really, really knows his stuff re: neurophysiology, health issues, anxiety, mood and positive changes. Asks questeions and listens rather than lectures. Provides more info when you ask for it. Like a wise humourous coach who knows his stuff. Like he says its about the skills not the pills.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2010 | flag

Knowledgeable especialy re: anxiety, pain and mood management. Compassionate, friendly, and funny. Very, very helpful.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2010 | flag