You may also like

Rate Dr. David Aboussafy

Dr. David Aboussafy's Ratings

Seemed a little formal at the start, many questions to understand my situation, but took the time to listen. Lots of information provided when I asked, and many options on the steps I could take that would improve things with his help. When I followed through, they worked!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I went for a consultation and didn't return. It felt as if he was disinterested, not in tune with my situation, and not as warm and welcoming as I expected from his reviews. If he reads this, I would ask that he seriously considers coming out from behind his desk during sessions. It's a barrier between you and a client. It felt more like a job interview than anything. Maybe I caught you on an off day? I just ask that you reconsider your room. Maybe it will make you feel more open to your prospective clients too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2697055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

One of the good ones! Booked without having to wait a long time. Kind, humorous. Made me do the work, but that is the only way to improve things; nobody or no pill is going to do that for you. Think of him as a coach who has the clinical background to know what he is talking about and what works.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

Helpful guy, really listened and asked useful questions. Now I understand why taking more pain and anxiety pills and sitting at home was making things worse and what to do instead. We need fewer dangerous pill pushers and more like Dr. Dave.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2231522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I saw David way way back in 2001/02. He was running a clinic to help people quit smoking. I was referred to him through my oncologists office as I was just recovering from cancer and cancer treatments that ravaged my lungs. At that time I had been a smoker for about 25 years, and as a typical smoker had tried and failed dozens of times to stop. In Davids group, I learned why smoking is addictive, what parts of the brain it affects and what happens when we try to stop smoking. In February of 2002 I quit smoking and it had never been so easy, I knew what was going on with me, what to expect and why my body was doing what it did when I stopped smoking. It is now February 2014, 12 years since I quit smoking and I owe it all to you Dr David! You are a genius and you're program was fantastic. I was so sad to find out that my group was your last due to funding cuts. Keep up the good work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

David was a gem. He was able to see me quickly, listened well, provided lots of useful information. He introduced me to a number of life-changing skills and followed through to see that they worked. David also got the reports and letters in that I needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2013

Dr. Aboussafy was very helpful and available when others were not. He took time to listen and understand my problems and then worked with me to come up with a treatment (or rather a change) plan together. I learned and practiced many ways to stay calm or calm down, change less useful thoughts, communicate better, and to solve problems, and then applied them in my life. Dr. Aboussafy also provided the documentation I needed very quickly, and has a good sense of humour. Highly recommended for anxiety, depression, chronic pain and insurance cases. Thanks again Dr. A!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

I've had a lot of expierience, he's fantastic. Helped me through a very very tough situation, as well as making me feel comfortable throughout. I wish him nothing but the best.Thank you David.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Aboussafy is funny, easygoing and quite helpful. He gives you space to figure things out, asking questions that guide you to realizations and then providing lots of information and/or options choose from for new skills when you ask for them. He also writes useful reports when needed. I also appreicted the evening appointment hours and flexible scheduling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I couldn't find another qualified psychologist who would see me and provide a report when I needed it. Dr. Aboussafy got back to me right away and saw us the next week. We had the documents and forms we needed the next week. Timely and easy to work with, recommended if you need an assessment report.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182483].votes_count ]]