Rate Dr. A.J. Salvian

Dr. A.J. Salvian's Ratings

Excellent doctor. Went above and beyond what was expected. Even to the extent of writing a second report to disprove a false report. Dissected this report and wrote an excellent response. Thank you thank you thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

I am shocked and dismayed that Mary his secretary is still employed. She is rude, condescending and plain doesn't care about Dr. Salvian's patients. She refuses to book appointments that are urgent and will not even provide a time line. I have seen Dr. Salvian twice in 3 years and require urgent surgery based on his own recommendations and two other doctors. Even those other doctors don't know what is wrong with his secretary and can't understand what's going on. I will be willing to travel outside of the country now at this point for surgery and will sue for unnecessary damage because his secretary won't book appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Arrogant, cold and very unfriendly receptionist gives the impression that your presence in the office is a great imposition on her. Doctor is rarely on time, even if your appointment is the first of the day. After his examination, he hands you a bunch of instruction sheets of paper that are not instructional at all, decorates them with his unreadable scribbles and you are out not having a clue what happened or what is wrong with you. - Lack of follow up on my condition resulted in it worstening. -- I'm looking for a different vascular surgeon. This man may be a very competent doctor, but his people skills and organization are unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

A much belated thank you, Dr. Salvian, for saving me from a possible stroke, with your surgery on my left carotid artery Apr.-June, 2011. You were swift in getting Dr. T. Tsang to o.k. my cardiology health prior to this surgery. And you were swift in getting me to breathe again in the recovery room; very frightening! I remember so well laying in the pre-surgery prep room, with wires glued to and sticking out of my head like some Martian, and my daughter taking photos of me, to my stressed chagrin, then you breezing in from your holiday, all nice and tanned and relaxed, telling me you will see me in surgery that morning! And me begging for sedation, which was denied! And thanks to Mary for shuffling appointment dates, after my original surgery date was bumped once, meaning an extra, return airline trip back to Vancouver and home in the Okanagan. P.S. - I have had a lot of positive comments on the neatness of my left carotid scar! Pls be there for me for my right carotid surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr Salvian and his Team are truly amazing. From the first consultation, to arranging the surgery with Mary and going ahead with the procedures, I would happily recommend (more than) to anyone needing a great vascular surgeon. Dr Salvian spent over an hr and a half with me going over my varicose veins and explaining the underlying problems associated with them as well the treatments available. Mary was very helpful over the phone and called several times to answer my questions. Dr Salvian also called to answer a question I had, to clarify things before the procedure. On the day of the procedure (Today) Dr Salvian and his fantastic surgical assistant Irene warmly welcomed me and kept me comfortable throughout the procedures.I had an uncommon deep vein that Dr Salvian was very careful with and explained much of what he was doing throughout the procedure. A little disappointing to hear of others negative experience with Mary, she is clear, concise and excellent at her job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I have to disagree with the negative comments re Dr Salvian's assistant Mary> I have been seeing Dr Salvian for almost 3 years and have had a very positive experience each time i am in touch with his office either by phone or in person. His assistant Mary has been friendly and helpful to me everytime. She may not be overly chatty but i understand this as she has a very busy office to handle by herself. i for one could not do her job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

I also had VERY negative experience with Mary, the secretary - she was rude, demeaning, and dismissive EVERY TIME I spoke with her on the phone + in person. The only consolation that I have is that it appeared to me that she was rude to everyone. I would expect that someone who is working with people requiring medical support to have, at minimum, some compassion and empathy. Thank goodness Dr Salvian did not share her disposition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Salvian is a very good professional but his secretary is the most unfriendly woman in the world!! She is extremely rude, specialy with new patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

i was very shocked to see the rude cmment below re Dr Salvian's assistant Mary. I saw Dr Salvian recently and needed urgent surgery, Mary quickly and efficiently organized all my testing needed before surgery and contacted me immediately. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Salvian and Mary and was recommend to go to this office through a friend who was impressed with the office

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2011

Unfortunately his staff - a scottish woman named Mary - is beyond rude. She cuts you off mid-sentence and is snappy and down right offensive. She's also incompetant, had my phone number and address wrong twice. I missed a CT because of it. Dr. Salvian himself is very knowledgeable. I went in for a cervical rib/thoracic outlet syndrome. He was patient and informative, helping me understand and treat my condition. That Mary monster needs to go though. I dread calling there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][182752].votes_count ]]