Rate Dr. Jason Kong

Dr. Jason Kong's Ratings

I love Dr Kong. I had his predecessor and if you want to talk about depressing I felt like everytime I went in something bad was about to happen. I am undercontrol and have 2 healthy kids which I never thought possible. He is usually on time but you never feel rushed. I am glad he's in my corner.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

My first experience with Dr Kong was last week because i have developed gestational diabeties with a twin pregnancy. I felt he didnt ask enough questions and on our first appointment told me I will probably need to go on insulin. This has caused me great depression since i am 7 months pregnant and i feel a dr should be positive about results. My 3 day results after pricking my finger were very low and controlled pretty good by diet and exercise alone. I feel as though he should have been nmore positive and not put into my head that i will probably need insulin. It has caused me great depression everytime i my blood sugar is slightly high because now everyday i am just so afraid i will need to go on insulin. This dr is insensitive and did not listen to what i was saying. Also, when i tried to discuss other options because i am not comfortable with neeedles, he would barely tell me the other options, as insulin is his only option. very unpleasent experience.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

I've searched over 15 years for much help and once I found Dr. Jason Kong, my diabetes has improved to my full standards! I highly recommend anyone to try and see him!

Submitted Nov. 27, 2012 | flag

Love him! He has been my care provider for my Type 2 diabetes in pregnancy. He's very encouraging and never shames the patient like most doctors dealing with diabetic patients. I always feel like I've gotten a gold star on my forehead after seeing him. :) Always takes time to answer my questions too!

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag

I have been type 1 diabetic for over 30 years. He is by far the best endocrinologist I have dealt with. He seems to understand the disease so completely, even the emotional aspects of it. It is refreshing to have a doctor that treats the whole person, and just not the numbers on the paper. He does not judge, and allows you to feel completely at ease while discussing treatments. Thank you Dr. Kong!

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

My husband has been see Dr. Kong for awhile now and we are very happy with the treatment. Dr. Kong seems to know what hes dealing with and is always helpful. I would definately recommend this dr.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr Kong has been my endocronologist for 6 years as I have Type 1 Diabetes. Every visit I have with him is very helpful. He provides me with all the answers I have concerning what current research and studies there is and the relevance to a Type 1 diabetic such as myself. He never seems to be in a rush to get me out the door and he is sincerely concerned with my health and with ensuring I am recievng the best care possible. We have made many modifications to my treatment and the management of my disease over the years and they are usually spot on and the rationale used by Dr Kong to make any changes are well explained, straightforward and logical. His staff, Kimmie is also very helpful and has helped me out with special requests (finding a new family physician, booking appointments with eye specialists, etc.). It usually does take a few months in advance to book to see Dr. Kong but this may simply be a case of a good doctor in high demand.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2011 | flag

Dr Kong seems to be very kind and possibly intelligent in some matters, but my experience was much more regrettable . I have had hormonal problems for over a year, it took 7 months of testing to get me to an endocrinologist, then a 4 MONTH WAIT TO SEE Dr Kong. When I got there, it was a very short physical, then he went into his office and looked at my test results which were very clearly out of order. He then told me that my hormonal tests were low but that’s just natural for me. He then told me I need to see a doctor for depression. At that point I realized I was just a check in the mail for this doctor. He’s not interested in taking on more patients, and he’s just trying to get paid. Then I asked if the hormonal problems could be the cause of my mental issues. He said no. I then asked him about some studies confirming the connection between the two. He then got a little flustered and said that, that was not the case for me and I was fine.at the character limit so go to a diff Doc

Submitted Nov. 21, 2010 | flag