Dr. Don McConnell

Rate Dr. Don McConnell

Dr. Don McConnell's Ratings

My3 year old son has been a patient of Dr McConnell's for 2.5 years now. Dr. McConnell is an amazing pediatrician. He is very friendly and understanding. He takes his time and listens to our concerns. He never makes me feel as though I am an overly paranoid mother. His advice with my 3 year old son's eczema and asthma has worked 100%. My son loves and trusts Dr. McConnell. Which is why I am sorry to hear that he is moving to Arizona. It will be difficult to have to get me and my son used to a new pediatrician.

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

We have had a wonderful experience with Dr. McConnell. After struggling with our daughter's eczema for several months our family physician finally referred us to him and we are so relieved to have many new strategies to use for her skin. He was very patient, took almost an hour to listen to our concerns and gave us a lot of information. I expected to feel rushed and made to feel like our daughter's skin was fine because the day we had our first appointment her skin didn't look as bad as it normally does. But he was extremely understanding and knowledgeable. This is what healthcare in Canada should be like, all the time! I only wish he was our regular pediatrician and that his clinic accepted adults too!!

Submitted April 22, 2014 | flag

Wonderful doctor. Very open and down to earth. We're so lucky to have had him care for our kids.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

Great Doctor! My kids love him! He is very down to earth and listens well. works together with the parent to find a solution!

Submitted Jan. 3, 2014 | flag

Polite, thorough, reassuring and wonderful with my baby girl. He and his nurse are amazing and after a long search we have found our pediatrician!

Submitted Dec. 31, 2013 | flag

I am waiting for an appointment to see this doctor, who comes highly recommended. His receptionist however is terribly rude and short on the phone. I have talked to her twice and felt like writing a strongly worded letter both times lol. I sincerely hope the doctor is much better than the staff he has hired.

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

I was very disappointed with the treatment we received from this pediatrician. His knoweledge was very poor on strep and the dangers it can pose to a child. My son's throat swab was positive and his strep titers extremely high. He treated for 7 days and he re-did the strep titer and it was still extremeley high. He did not want to treat him even though it was positive. Have since been to another ped. and he said that was causing my son's symptoms and he most definitely needed more antibiotics and for a long time to bring down the titers. He also would not listen to me when I said my son could not swallow solid foods(he is 7). He implied that it was behavioural and he was just doing it to get what he wanted to eat. We ended up having to take our son to emergency 2 days later because of it and the emergency room doctor was very thorough and listened to our concerns and came to a conclusion. I would never recommend this pediatrician.

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

He along with his nurse Erin are very thorough. You never have to wait long and they truely care about their patient.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

He is the best Dr. ever! Highly recommend him. He always takes his time and puts your mind at ease. We've never waited more than 10 minutes to get in. I cannot say enough good about him and his staff!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

He is the best doctor ever! Makes all the kids feel important and cared for. I can't say enought good about him!

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag