Dr. Don McConnell

Rate Dr. Don McConnell

Dr. Don McConnell's Ratings

This is the pediatrition that all canadian health care recievers deserve! He was incredidle with all 3 of my kids and was great with my somewhat intimidating husband. We had been with him for the last for years and was soo knowledgable it was reasuring. His assisant Erin is incredible too, she really knows her stuff and is on top of communications with Dr.McConnel at all times.he never once made me feel like I was overbearing or like a hypocondriac, even though I would walk in feeling that way! He and Erin truly feel like an extended part of our family, wich was why is was so hard to see him go (to carry on with fuether education). When his beautiful wife and children stopped in, he even introduced us to them. He is a fantastic Dr. And his staff are amazing and know us all by name as well. He will be sorely missed and our next pediatrician his big shoes to fill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

My3 year old son has been a patient of Dr McConnell's for 2.5 years now. Dr. McConnell is an amazing pediatrician. He is very friendly and understanding. He takes his time and listens to our concerns. He never makes me feel as though I am an overly paranoid mother. His advice with my 3 year old son's eczema and asthma has worked 100%. My son loves and trusts Dr. McConnell. Which is why I am sorry to hear that he is moving to Arizona. It will be difficult to have to get me and my son used to a new pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

We have had a wonderful experience with Dr. McConnell. After struggling with our daughter's eczema for several months our family physician finally referred us to him and we are so relieved to have many new strategies to use for her skin. He was very patient, took almost an hour to listen to our concerns and gave us a lot of information. I expected to feel rushed and made to feel like our daughter's skin was fine because the day we had our first appointment her skin didn't look as bad as it normally does. But he was extremely understanding and knowledgeable. This is what healthcare in Canada should be like, all the time! I only wish he was our regular pediatrician and that his clinic accepted adults too!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2232206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Very open and down to earth. We're so lucky to have had him care for our kids.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Great Doctor! My kids love him! He is very down to earth and listens well. works together with the parent to find a solution!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2014

Polite, thorough, reassuring and wonderful with my baby girl. He and his nurse are amazing and after a long search we have found our pediatrician!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2013

I am waiting for an appointment to see this doctor, who comes highly recommended. His receptionist however is terribly rude and short on the phone. I have talked to her twice and felt like writing a strongly worded letter both times lol. I sincerely hope the doctor is much better than the staff he has hired.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I was very disappointed with the treatment we received from this pediatrician. His knoweledge was very poor on strep and the dangers it can pose to a child. My son's throat swab was positive and his strep titers extremely high. He treated for 7 days and he re-did the strep titer and it was still extremeley high. He did not want to treat him even though it was positive. Have since been to another ped. and he said that was causing my son's symptoms and he most definitely needed more antibiotics and for a long time to bring down the titers. He also would not listen to me when I said my son could not swallow solid foods(he is 7). He implied that it was behavioural and he was just doing it to get what he wanted to eat. We ended up having to take our son to emergency 2 days later because of it and the emergency room doctor was very thorough and listened to our concerns and came to a conclusion. I would never recommend this pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

He along with his nurse Erin are very thorough. You never have to wait long and they truely care about their patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

He is the best Dr. ever! Highly recommend him. He always takes his time and puts your mind at ease. We've never waited more than 10 minutes to get in. I cannot say enough good about him and his staff!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192334].votes_count ]]