Rate Dr. Renier Van Aardt

Dr. Renier Van Aardt's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Van Aardt for the past 5 years and can recommend him without hesitation. He is very knowledgeable and answers all questions honestly. I started with small amounts of Botox, IPL treatments, then recently got filler (Juvederm) in my eye troughs, cheeks and Volbella in my lips. I like that he favors a subtle approach and recommends procedures that minimize your need for expensive options in the future. Always extremely friendly and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I am a 36 year old female. I received my first ever botox treatment from Dr. van Aardt. I am suprised at some of the poor reviews on here. I found him to be quite fantastic! Very knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions, discussed options (botox and dermafills). During the free consultation, I did not feel pressured into treatment at all. We discussed my face - areas for improvement and areas that are already "beautiful" :) He explained what services he could provide, but recommended (since I am a first-timer) to start small. We did the botox around my eyes (42 units total). The procedure was quick, painless, he explained what he was doing along the way. It was a fantastic experience.. I was so nervous going in but there was absolutely nothing for me to be nervous about. I have only had the one treatment, but I would certainly recommend him. As a side note - the office staff are also very very friendly. I was made to feel very comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Van Aardt without hesitation. I am an incredibly happy 55 year old as a result of his work. Had a "soft lift" (botox and fillers) and the results were fabulous. He is very skilled, knowledgeable, pleasant, and has a gentle touch. I think the most difficult thing for a person that wants to have "work" done on their face is finding someone they can trust with this precious commodity. No one I know wants to look like "Donatella" or an over-processed Orange County housewife. This is one of the reasons I'm so pleased. The changes in my face are subtle but youthful. Hard to believe that so much can be accomplished without having to undergo surgery. I will be a Dr. Van Aardt patient for life. Note: I have read all the reviews on this site. There are some negative reviews that I simply cannot reconcile with the Dr. Van Aardt that I met and the service that I received. If you have any doubts, the consultations are free and you can judge for yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

Scars scars scars and more scars!!! That's what this "DR"? leaves you with. Funny that he doesn't seem to be registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia which is where you will find all real dr's who have a license are registered. Sort of makes you question what degree he has other than a supposedly "skin care specialist"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2013

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Van Aardt. It was my first time getting botox and filler treatments. He was extremely kind and calming, answered all my questions, was very honest and was keen to take a "natural" and "subtle" approach with the look. He also explained what he was doing every step of the way so I knew exactly what was happening next. My results are fantastic and I will absolutely be back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Went to this doctor for laser spider vein reduction on face and legs. Pointed out areas to be treated - very obvious were treated, others less so but noticable, not treated. Lighting poor in room. Protective goggles doctor (and nurse plus patient) wear reduce vision futher. Missed many areas. Asked him to treat area on face I knew he hadn't treated and he didn't. I don't believe he could see properly. It will cost another 345 to go back and have him treat what he missed. Areas requiring more aggresive treatment got one zap , some minor areas got mutliple zaps. Will need to go bacdk ( which I won't!) to get additional treatment . Not satified with results. Not worth what I paid. Will seek out someone else next time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

With respect to Dr. Van Aardt some of your comments sound quite negative but you offer no explanation; this is unfair. While on the other hand, patients seem to rate him in the 5 category and offer information with regard to their type of treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Awful experience with this Dr. He has no idea what he's doing. Run away from him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2012

I have shopped around for the last seven years on fillers, botox treatments. I found there was no comparison in the results I received from this dr. I would say he is the top injector in Halifax hands down. I have been seeing him for all my procedures for the past two years and have had comments from plastic surgeons on the great work on my lips and naturalness of my fillers he has performed for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Professional, light touch, fixed my "overfill" filler problems made by that reckless idiot at hummingbird. Highly recommend Dr. van Aardt

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192686].votes_count ]]