Rate Dr. Renier Van Aardt

Dr. Renier Van Aardt's Ratings

I've been going to see Dr Van Aardt for Botox and fillers now for several years. I have gone to other clinics and I have found the results and longevity of the treatments to be no where near close to positive results I get with Dr. van Aardt. I read some of these negative comments and am very surprised as I would highly recommend him without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I have suffered from bad skin my whole life and was finally in the position financially, I thought, to do something about it. $4,000 later, my total amount of actual time with Dr. Renier amounts to 15 minutes which was for my consultation. My appointment times were mixed up (I have my appointment cards if there is any dispute), my treatment plan was put out of order and I was overcharged from what I was given as a firm quote. In fairness this was resolved after I showed them my written quote. I have seen extremely minimal results and kept telling them each time I was in that this was not working. I was told to just wait and see. On top of the treatment I was paying for that was giving me no results, they kept trying to upsell me on other products/services, i.e.: botox, laser hair removal, while I was receiving treatment. The final "straw" came at my last appointment when I could not complete my treatment because their equipment wasn't working. I am taking time off work for this and travelling. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. I would much prefer to be writing a glowing review because I am happy with my skin. Instead I am writing this and after spending a small fortune my face looks exactly as it did the first day I went into the clinic. I am not faulting the staff, they seem very professional and concerned. I think they are just doing what they are told. Would I recommend Dr. Van Aardt - NEVER!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Van Aardt for the past 5 years and can recommend him without hesitation. He is very knowledgeable and answers all questions honestly. I started with small amounts of Botox, IPL treatments, then recently got filler (Juvederm) in my eye troughs, cheeks and Volbella in my lips. I like that he favors a subtle approach and recommends procedures that minimize your need for expensive options in the future. Always extremely friendly and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I am a 36 year old female. I received my first ever botox treatment from Dr. van Aardt. I am suprised at some of the poor reviews on here. I found him to be quite fantastic! Very knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions, discussed options (botox and dermafills). During the free consultation, I did not feel pressured into treatment at all. We discussed my face - areas for improvement and areas that are already "beautiful" :) He explained what services he could provide, but recommended (since I am a first-timer) to start small. We did the botox around my eyes (42 units total). The procedure was quick, painless, he explained what he was doing along the way. It was a fantastic experience.. I was so nervous going in but there was absolutely nothing for me to be nervous about. I have only had the one treatment, but I would certainly recommend him. As a side note - the office staff are also very very friendly. I was made to feel very comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Van Aardt without hesitation. I am an incredibly happy 55 year old as a result of his work. Had a "soft lift" (botox and fillers) and the results were fabulous. He is very skilled, knowledgeable, pleasant, and has a gentle touch. I think the most difficult thing for a person that wants to have "work" done on their face is finding someone they can trust with this precious commodity. No one I know wants to look like "Donatella" or an over-processed Orange County housewife. This is one of the reasons I'm so pleased. The changes in my face are subtle but youthful. Hard to believe that so much can be accomplished without having to undergo surgery. I will be a Dr. Van Aardt patient for life. Note: I have read all the reviews on this site. There are some negative reviews that I simply cannot reconcile with the Dr. Van Aardt that I met and the service that I received. If you have any doubts, the consultations are free and you can judge for yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

Scars scars scars and more scars!!! That's what this "DR"? leaves you with. Funny that he doesn't seem to be registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia which is where you will find all real dr's who have a license are registered. Sort of makes you question what degree he has other than a supposedly "skin care specialist"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192692].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Van Aardt. It was my first time getting botox and filler treatments. He was extremely kind and calming, answered all my questions, was very honest and was keen to take a "natural" and "subtle" approach with the look. He also explained what he was doing every step of the way so I knew exactly what was happening next. My results are fantastic and I will absolutely be back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Went to this doctor for laser spider vein reduction on face and legs. Pointed out areas to be treated - very obvious were treated, others less so but noticable, not treated. Lighting poor in room. Protective goggles doctor (and nurse plus patient) wear reduce vision futher. Missed many areas. Asked him to treat area on face I knew he hadn't treated and he didn't. I don't believe he could see properly. It will cost another 345 to go back and have him treat what he missed. Areas requiring more aggresive treatment got one zap , some minor areas got mutliple zaps. Will need to go bacdk ( which I won't!) to get additional treatment . Not satified with results. Not worth what I paid. Will seek out someone else next time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Awful experience with this Dr. He has no idea what he's doing. Run away from him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2012

I have shopped around for the last seven years on fillers, botox treatments. I found there was no comparison in the results I received from this dr. I would say he is the top injector in Halifax hands down. I have been seeing him for all my procedures for the past two years and have had comments from plastic surgeons on the great work on my lips and naturalness of my fillers he has performed for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192687].votes_count ]]