Rate Dr. Lawrence H. Winkler

Dr. Lawrence H. Winkler's Ratings

an excellent doctor who I would recommend to anyone needing heart health advice..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

One of the best physicians I have ever seen. The man inspires confidence and his knowledge base is incredible. He just keeps testing until he finds the problem. One of the few doctors I actually enjoy seeing and one that never guesses. Mine is a complicated case and he already has made several very accurate diagnoses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

i have had dr.winkler as my internest for the last 10 years.he diagnosed me with a very rare syndrome of the heart.i see dr.winkler every 3 months for follow ups.he is very helpful and kind.he explains things to me in human wordes not medical words.since i have gotten my icd implant in victoria i am feeling alot better.it was dr.winkler that said i would benafit from the icd.and he was right about me benafitting from the icd implant.thanks dr.winkler.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2010

He is arrogant .Most doctors are.I hope he is knowledgeable as after 4 months of feeling dreadful I,m still very sick and scared.he says he doesnt guess.he will make the right dignosis.We will see.Seen hime a month ago. Follow up tests to go but I.m so sick and everyone is bewildered....will comment further as as soon as diagnosed

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

Dr. Winkler is an abrupt, egotistical and arrogant man. He rushes patients in and out of his rooms, with my last 2 appointments lasting less than 10 minutes each. He dictates his patients notes with his office door open so that anyone waiting in his waiting area can hear what is being said about the patient he has just seen - a clear violation of patient confidentiality. He seemed very proud of himself for making a diagnosis but when I went back to see him 3 years later due to lack of improvement, he finally sent me for tests in Victoria(that should have been done in the first place)that did not confirm the initial diagnosis. He was then very quick to wipe his hands of me - no diagnosis, no further treatment options. Never did take the time to review my entire patient history or list of symtpoms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

The office scheduled an appointment for a day after after initial phone call by leaving a telephone message but left no phone contact.The only way I could cancel was to drive to the office as the receptionist refused to answer the call during the stated call hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2010

Generally inspires confidence by his manner... thought highly of by others (Dr's & nurses, hospital staff - important & telling!)But... has his limitations. He is an INTERNIST, not a CARDIOLOGIST so he made a (possible) mistake with me... that he then spent considerable time rationalizing when I called him on it. Took extended vacation time off without leaving any substitute contact info or even helpful phone message. (I was told to see him within 2 weeks by referring cardiologist - no way!) Apparently he's among the best in Nanaimo, so I'll use him, but I'll also always get a further referral to the 'next level' if I feel it is at all necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

So very slow to diagnose. Diagnosed right but by the time he got it complications had set in. took 6 months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

I think Dr Winkler is great. I found him to be very nice, kind of like a big teddy bear. Was a little nervous after readind some of these reviews but he is great. Very thorough and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Dr. Winkler initially diagnosed me with GERD. While I accepted this diagnosis as correct, I knew there was still something more going on. I kept persisting, and he did not order any other testing. I went back to see my family doctor, who ordered a few more tests. I was sent back to Winkler with these new test results, and he diagnosed me with POTS (postural orthstatic tachycardia syndrome). This is not a common condition, and Winkler said he has only seen about 12 cases during his years of practice. I feel very lucky to have had Winkler make this diagnosis. Now I am able to follow a treatment plan to keep help me manage this condition. Way to go Winkie! I would highly recommend this efficient and knowledgeable doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195416].votes_count ]]