Dr. Daniel McNeely

Dr. Daniel McNeely

Rate Dr. Daniel McNeely

Dr. Daniel McNeely's Ratings

Worst bed side manner in a Dr. Absolutely no empathy. Found him arrogant in dealing with my son and us. Im just a mother.actually told my son nothing else can be done and told my son he was going to die. Good Dr, maybe. But as a compassionate human. No.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Amazing surgeon, amazing man! Thanks to him our little man just turned 2.5 years old and is doing wonderful...so very grateful he was available to save our baby's life!! Keep up the good work!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

I was very impressed with Dr.McNeely. He put myself and my husband at ease with his knowledge, attitude and straightforwardness with our situation. we had questions that he answered that put us at ease. Brain surgery is very serious business, and I am sure that I would not have felt so confident with anyone else. After the surgery, the doctor and his team had fantastic bedside manner, and I always felt like I was his only patient. Thanks Dr Dan for a life saving operation!!!

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

Dr.McNeely was awesome with me , very caring and helpful . I have trigeminal neuralgia and there is no one I trust more than him , although nothing worked for me , Dr.McNeely tried everything . I was able to call him any time and he would always call me back with in 24 hrs . I recommend him to anyone . Thank you so much for everything you have done . I know you did everything you could .

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

My 26 year old son had bilateral herniated disks in his lower back. He waited several months for an appointment with Dr.McNealy and, once there, had less than a 5 miniute examination and he was sent on his merry way with "It should heal on it's own. Give it about 5 years." I was amazed! My son, a 26 year old, otherwise healthy, left in debilitating pain. Maybe this physician should stick with small children! My son has since had a diskectomy and laminotomy by another physician outside of the very selective club of neurosurgeons in Halifax and is doing very well.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

He was close to 1.5 hours late to our appointment. His nurse questioned us first as to what was in our file, she talked very rudely to our daughter and seemed not to understand why she didn't answer back. Our daughter has MERLD, and other issues related... thus why we were there! When the dr. finally showed up, he sat down and very quickly dismissed all the symptoms my daughter has. He did not know why else we were there, did not listen, did not follow up. He did not like answering any questions. He then wrote a report to our pediatrician that indicated that he did a full exam when he didn't even look at my daughter. The appointment was maybe 7 mins of his time. We have been dismissed from his service and he didn't even feel that she should have any follow-up. Finally, he said to me within hearing of my daughter (7) - "It isn't that I don't want to cut her open, I like cutting people open! That is why I am a surgeon..." My daughter was terrified of him and frankly, so was I.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dan is a compassionate Dr. We have found that he has gone above and beyond with our child as well as many other children he has worked with.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

Dr McNeely told me what my options were and pulled no punches. Hi honesty and bedside manner had me going off to surgery with no fear or stress. Thanks for saving my life doc...

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

Fantastic doctor. Literally a lifesaver! He saw a serious problem and wanted to get to the bottom of it. The quickness of tests to confirm was a bit scary however showed the seriousness of the situation. Surgery was a success and he knows what to mention prior to the next time. He was very thorough with post surgical instructions and is willing to listen about outstanding minor issues and offers positive reinforcement on how to fix them. Many many thanks to him.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Awesome Doctor and excellent at his proffession.Staff is awesome.Knows how to communicate with his patients and scheduling check ups.Keep up the good work.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2012 | flag